main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Has anyone been to the Star Wars exhibition in Paris?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Freelancer257, May 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freelancer257

Freelancer257 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    I recently found out that there's currently a Star Wars exhibition at the Science Museum in Paris, until August. Has anyone on here been to it and if so what did you think about it? Is is worth a visit?

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Haven't been to that one but I went to the Art of Star Wars exhibit in Edinburgh a few years ago and it was excellent. The short writeup on this that I found via Google sounds similar.

3. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Looks cool :)

http://www.cite-sciences.fr/english/ala_cite/expositions/starwars/content_flash_en.php?v=

Some funny and nutty video clips here for the Expo - http://www.cite-sciences.fr/english/ala_cite/expositions/starwars/bonus/index.html

Wonder if it will come to the UK, though I am more keen to see this one (currently in Boston) -

http://www.mos.org/doc/1857

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I wouldn't mind seeing that if it came to the UK. The exhibit I saw pretty much stopped at TPM as AOTC had only just come out that year. It did have Boba Fett's costume though - made this Fett fan very happy!

5. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    It's a date then Laj, and you are buying ;) :p

Fingers crossed ye Gungan gods smile on us now :D
    I was stupid enough to miss the Art of Star Wars when it came to UK. Won't make that mistake again.

6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I was dumb enough to miss it in London, which I could have gotten to by train. I (and a friend) had to fly to Edinburgh to see it!
    Oh - and if you go to one of these I recommend going with people who are SW fans on your level. My friend had cleared the whole exhibit in about 30 minutes and I had yet to get out of the basement souvenir shop! He had to wait awhile for me, especially when I found the Fett exhibit..

7. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    You could always fly over to Paris, the city of Love and see your idol!

I think he is at the Bristol Fantasy event btw, the actor not the suit ;)

I have one of those Japanese mini figures in front of me, the ones that talk a few sentences. Did you get the recent DHC Boba comic btw?

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Actually the comic is reprinted in the latest UK SW Comic magazine, which I subscribe to. I got it last week in the post. It was pretty good.
    I have actually met both Fett actors - Jeremy Bulloch at Memorabilia in Birmingham and Tem Morrison last year at Collectormania in MK. Both are very nice. I was able to get autograhs and pics with each of them. And I bought a copy of Jeremy's book from him and he signed it as well.

9. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    [face_thinking] A SW exhibit in Paris until Aug.... I just happen to be in Paris from Aug 5-7. Damn that I ditched my Paris map, so now I don't know where the Science Museum is. I may visit when we have 5hrs to wander around the city....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.