main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Has anyone done a Red Guard costume with the under armor?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Ulic-Qel-Droma75, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulic-Qel-Droma75

Ulic-Qel-Droma75 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2005
    I am intrested in putting together a Royal Red Guard
    costume I am intrested to see if anyone has done the boots and the under armor for the guard?

Ulic

2. Outpour

Outpour Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2005
    I just recently finished a Royal Guard costume. Here is how I did it (i'll post some pics when I get them):

For the outer cloak I used a long red velvet. And underneath I used the exact same design but made out of maroon polyester. I ended up sewing the polyester to the velvet (on the inside of course) on all sides except the bottom.

As for what was worn underneath.. right now he uses black underarmor (the spandex brand) though he plans to purchase maroon colored. Boots were just shiny black army boots (the kind that go up higher than the ankle), from an army surplus store.

There are conflicting reference photos concerning the boots... black or red. There are both. Once I can find some decent red ones though I will buy them.

As for the actual under ARMOR.. i have this nifty here picture:

[image=http://www.binaryelysium.com/images/white-armour.jpg]

3. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Holy [expletive]!! where did you find that?! Is it for sale? We have been thinking of doing it out of leather, but if we could find it out of plastic that would be awsome.

4. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    That is pretty tight!

5. Ulic-Qel-Droma75

May 17, 2005
    Wow, Where in this black death star did you get that?

Kawowie!!!!!!!!!!!! Great Sith Pith!!!!!!!!

6. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    I totally quote what my brother said.

=P~

7. Outpour

Outpour Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2005
    Let me get some better pics off of my camera and then I'll post them. Also need to find that info for the armor.

8. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    pls. That stuff is sweet.

9. skirge5

skirge5 Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Hey i am the one who wears KC's (though very soon mine :p) Royal guard outfit. Its hot is the big worry, which is why we want to do under armour for the base layer. It will still be rediculously hot, but the nice thing is that it does come in different seasons (i am wearing turf gear which at least keeps my torso cool if everything else is dying.) I would suggest all season if you are going to go without the over robe, just so that you stay warm if you are in a colder convention or if the air conditioning is decent (seriously, that turf gear chills if you are outside with any breeze). Army boots are about your best bet for footwear. Currently i am wearing band marching shoes, but that is just because i could not find any boots before the EPIII premier.

Are you going to make the glaive to go with it?

10. Ulic-Qel-Droma75

May 17, 2005
    I am going to speak to a friend about an oxygen exchange. My friend might know of a system he has worked in science development projects for 20 some odd years. He is a genius so if I find a system that works I will post it.

11. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    the glaive is very essential to a good CE costume. when i have everything else(including my helmet to fit my head) done, im gonna do a glaive.

12. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Welcome skirge5!!

I am sorry I did not get a chance to meet you on the premier night! Keep us updated on your progress!

Jess

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.