Has anyone from the UK been to the USA for any of these big SW events - eg SW Celebration?

Discussion in 'Northern England UK' started by timbolton, Jun 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    And is anyone planning to go over in 2005 for the release of Ep. III?

I think I may go, have never been to the Us before, and would like to see what its like.

I guess there will be loads of stuff happening for the opening.
  2. TK_Four_Two_One Force Ghost

star 5
    here tim- ya would be best posting this on the BIRD (British Isles Regional Discussion) board! :) more people will read it!
  3. Ramble_Boba Force Ghost

star 5
    TK leave him alone, he's mine and he must stay in this board! Muwhahahhahahahhaha!

Actually he has a point, the general board is good place for any type of chat, the regional boards used more to sort out meet up infomation. Can be used for chat of course, but theres a few who post more in BIRD

To answer your question, not been to anything and doubt I will to any large ones, not got the money or not going to spend it just for a star wars convention there. It would be nice but rather take a holiday somewhere else so I can do sight seeing
  4. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    No problem, just wanted to know if any norherners travel to US for the SW events. Thanks :)
  5. Tom_Tom_Binks Jedi Knight

star 1
    I flew to New York for the openings of Episodes I and II.

Check here.
  6. Darth_MacDaddy Jedi Master

star 4
    I would love to do it but I wouldn't because I'm lazy! Maybe I'll plug some energy for Ep3, but I'll just be happy to see it at 12.01 on teh opening night.

Mind you if someone was to organise a holiday to America for it.......
  7. Jedi_Allegra Force Ghost

star 5
    I live in the US and can speak in a British accent. and I haven't even been to the UK. I want to though. I also have not been to a SW thingy here. That is sad :(
    Bye

*leaves*
  8. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Bye Jedi_Allegra,

So what type of UK accent do you have? Posh? London cockney? Scouser? Rural?

Can anyone tell me anything about the events planned in 2005 (or at least what to expect, so I can plan - I mean, can I cover the film release, the Celebration and a trip to NYC with only two weeks) - ie where, when, website to look at? Ta.
  9. Jedi_Allegra Force Ghost

star 5
    So what type of UK accent do you have? Posh? London cockney? Scouser? Rural?

What type? I don't know. Have you seen Harry Potter? Well if you seen it, it is a somewhat I guess you strong accent probably more like Harry. Well I g2g. My mum wants me off now. bye!
  10. Tom_Tom_Binks Jedi Knight

star 1
    Foy info on New York 2005, check:

www.nyline.org
  11. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Tom_Tom_Binks - U R A *. Thanks for that info, will check it up.

Jedi_Allegra - I guess sounding like Harry Potter is better than sounding like some of the local inhabitants near me :p. To be honest, I don't think I have a strong accent, but then I'd have to ask a non-UKer to verify that.
  12. HANEIL_CRUBAR Jedi Padawan

my best mate is living in california, im going over for the week long event they are planning, gonna be huge
  13. Darth_MacDaddy Jedi Master

star 4
    Can your mate accommodate another mate i.e. me!!
  14. HANEIL_CRUBAR Jedi Padawan

mate, it's gonna be massive, apparently it's happening all over california, theres gonna be like a minutes silence in homage throughout the city just before it screens. sabers held high, they're planning it now
  15. Darth_MacDaddy Jedi Master

star 4
    That would probibly just freak me out actually!! Watching the film at some crazy hour of the morning is one thing, but a minute silence... hmmm!

Sounds good though :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.