main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Has anyone here ever heard of GHOSTING?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Dark_Lady_Jada, Oct 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    This morning we found a Halloween bag on our doorstep with candy and other goodies in it and a note that read:

You have been ghosted. Please pass this along and "ghost" 2 of your neighbors with a goody bag of your own and this note. Keep it fun.

While it is a nice idea I am skeptical because I have no idea who did it and whether or not the candy is tainted.

Anyone ever heard of this being done?

2. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    That's new to me. I'd be wary, too...

3. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Some folks in the YJCC have said that it is some way to get to know your neighbors. Yeah, anonymously leaving bags of candy on doorsteps.

Anyways, I'm just curious. It just seems creepy to me. If I participate I'll use non-parishables.

4. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I had not heard of it called ghosting.. but yes.. I have heard of it.. last year(CNN) two young teenagers actually got into trouble for it.. they made home made cookies.. they were very good cookies from what the news said.. but they would leave it on the door and ring the bell and run off. anyway.. this lady claims they caused her to have a massive breakdown and near heart attack and filed charges against the girls and sent them to court.. I don't remember the outcome.. but the mom of the two girls was very saddened that the good will her children did was turned into a crime.

5. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    this so called "lady" needs to get a grip, move out of this country and have it rough for a while..friggin commie! I would like to know where she lives so I can really give her a breakdown and a corinary! Stupid, stupid lady!!!!!! (sorry..the Sith it was the coming out of me) [face_skull]

6. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
  7. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Nope, Ive never ehard of it and TPD has not put out anything official, itf anything changes Ill let ya know, until then...free candy yay!

8. timstephens4

timstephens4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    I'd say that if the candy is open, throw it away. If not, it could just be what it says, a good gesture. I cannot believe we have come to the point where we have to mistrust everything. Of course, if you want to test it out, give me a call and I will gladly eat it all for you so you don't get sick:D. I'm sure the candy is just fine, and I would so do it to one of my neighbors. Sounds like a lot of fun. No offense, but this sounds like a great idea to give candy to a neighbor that is maybe having a little financial trouble right now and they cannot afford to buy candy for the trick-or-treaters. That neighbor can then participate in the festivities that are Halloween. (I am not trying to impy anything about you Jada, just justifying my point).

9. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    I guess I can go around to all of your houses and leave little bags with treats in them........

light them on fire, and when you stomp them out you will have poo on your boots!! lol muahahaahahaha! =D=

10. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004

:eek: :_| Yousa picking on me! :p [face_clown]

It just took me by surprise. And it was just a few pieces of candy. ;) That were melted :(

I'm going to respond by getting a few gourds and some small candles and stuff and giving non-food items to two neighbors.

[face_peace]

11. BHG-Brandl

BHG-Brandl Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2005
    i did that stuff when i was younger. it was pretty fun. after all the nieghbors did it, i had like 7 treat bags...which is pretty good news for a kid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.