Has anyone here ever thought of trying to write out Episodes 7, 8, and 9?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by DarthBoba, Dec 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I have...always running into the problem of what to write it about, of course.

Anyone else give it a try?
  2. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Actually, I'm in the process of writing them right now. I'm working with a friend on this, and so far, things are going pretty good. It took us about 4-5 drafts of Episode 7, but I think it's finally finished. We just have to work out some plot holes.

And more currently, we have just started Episode 8.
  3. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Tight. Think you could PM or email me a link?

email:

quigonjinn75@hotmail.com
  4. Scarr1106 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I've thought about it and played with a few notes, but nothing too seriously. The main obstacles I've run into is the massive EU and not being too derivative of the OT, which most of the EU is.

It needs to continue the story of the Skywalkers, but beyond that, all bets are off. Preferably, it would avoid most of the characters from the OT, as they are a bit too old for adventuring. One or so, maybe, but to have the old gang running around the galaxy again, while fun and nostalgic, would be boring.

Luke as the ancient Kenobi-like mentor is an easy choice: too easy, I fear. We've already seen the aged wizard done to death. I always thought if we see anyone, it should an extremely wizened Leia, a sage kept alive by her family's strength in the Force. It is through her that the Skywalker line most readily continues, through any progeny she might have. ALdo, shifting the Skywalker legacy a bit away from Luke helps justify the twists of ROTJ: she was (and could be) the other hope for the galaxy, and could, in the last trilogy, turn out to be it.

I could keep rambling, but I think I'll shut up now.
  5. Mcily_Nochi Jedi Master

star 4
    I have thought about it, but to me, the EU is the continuation of the story. If they made more movies, they would have to be after the EU.
  6. Veng_Commando Jedi Master

star 4
    whats the time difference between Episode 3 and 4?
  7. Scarr1106 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Roughly eighteen-twenty years, if the twins are born at the end or right after the end of Episode Three.
  8. crystal417 Jedi Master

star 4
    Honestly I have thought about it. I made an outline and all but then the NJO was born so I scrapped it.
  9. ChristmasAngel Jedi Knight

star 1
    Let me make this little statement:

The ONLY, and I mean ONLY character in the EU worthy of keeping in the movies is Mara Jade. All the others are too cliche', or just plain boring.

I think writing out the other episodes is a great idea. If anyone wants to maybe do a rewrite of the EU with me, PM me!
  10. shaft1138 Jedi Knight

Funny... I'm kind of surprized to see this topic.
    I finished episodes 7, 8, and 9 at the end of last summer. I write lots of other stuff, but I felt compelled to do the sequel trilogy simply because its something that's always been stirring around in my head. All three were written out as full-length novels, which probably doesn't work too well for posting on the net.
    I kind of tried to expand on the way the PT and OT arc.
    PT: Tragic fall of Anakin Skywalker to the dark side.
    OT: The son's redemption of the father.
    ST: The vindication of the Skywalker family. The rebirth of the Jedi. A family who endures great pains as they try to restore order to the galaxy. A sort of full-circle ending to the epic.

Very few have read the whole thing. I also gave it to a few readers to beta-read to try and get it on TFN. An earlier draft of ep. 7 is also posted on another site. You can e-mail me for the address if you'd like.

I'm really glad others have had the idea to write a sequel trilogy of their own! Good luck!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.