main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Has anyone here had their own ideas for writing their own books?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jedi_sonic, Feb 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tanjokabri

tanjokabri Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    just to spoil the fun: shouldn't this be in fanfic?

but anyway, it's my great ambition to write a book, and hopefully someday i'll get around to it... :D

2. virtualoctopus

virtualoctopus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2001
    Mine is not a fanfic. It's a stand-alone book, not based on anything.

3. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    I wrote a sci-fi book. It was a good book, but the publisher my agent sent it to said it was too 'Star Trekky'. My agent suggested I re-work it to make it less so, but I didn't know how to do it without ruining my concept. Very depressing.

I'm currently writing another book, but until I get my copyrights, all I can say is that it's a spy book with a little sci-fi twist. So far, all my friends and coworkers have enjoyed it.

4. ImperialFC

ImperialFC Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2001
    Mine is about a young man named Ruke Airhoverer on a desert planet that orbits two suns. Two mechanical beings, one tall and the other short and round, end up in his Uncle Nawo's ownership. After one of the mechanical beings runs away, he meets up with a old hermit named Ken Benobi. Along with Ran Not'solo and Chombbakka the Vookie, they end up on the "Mortis Star" and save Princess Leahh. After Ken is killed in battle by Varth Dader, he becomes a spirit guid to younge Ruke. Eventually they make it to the hidden rebel base on Nivay VIII, and then the "Mortis Star" arrives. With Ken and Ran's help, young Ruke destroys the "Mortis Star" and the rebels are victorious.

So what do you think, is it a possible bestseller? ;)

On a serious note, I try to write stories and I always know how to write the beginning and the end, but I am always unable to write the important things in the middle.

5. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I've been working on a Star Wars fan fic since September. Its about the downfall of a criminal orginization thanks to the NRI.

6. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Most authors consider those the hardest parts. Consider yourself lucky. ;)

7. jedi_sonic

jedi_sonic Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    In my earth alliance book, the New Republic ventures out of their own galaxy to find more battleground to fight the vong. Instead they find another world battling a powerful vong-like species called the Calmekians. That world was earth. The calmekians destroy the statue of liberty. C-3po establishes an alliance with earth and for his efforts, a statue of him repaces lady liberty. But dont get offended yet, lady liberty later regains her position. so far I have 244 pages, 17 chapters

If anyone here has read any of the Sonic the Hedgehog comic books, My cousin is one of the artists and also works on the storyline. A couple of the issues have been my ideas.

8. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    I'm working on a military science fiction book. I haven't decided on a title yet, but It features the Consortium of Worlds (consisting of the Terran Alliance, Fernok Republic, and Granteth Confederacy) encountering a hostile force while exploring a nearby system. I also hope to include some political action in it.

9. jedi_sonic

jedi_sonic Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    I have comic books that I have drawn and written. My first was homeless guy when I was about 10 years old

The most bizarre was RLA-Retard Liberation Army

10. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    You do know that your STAR WARS stories won't be published, don't you?

Anyway, I've written hundreds of stories, varying in length. I've written short stories, novellas, and full length novels.

11. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Click my profile, or my sig, to know more about my Shadow of the Force Trilogy, dealing with Anakin Skywalker and a rogue Jedi Knight...

12. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    I write fanfics all the time, but I'm also writing my own sci-fi series called Moon Rebels. Five books. Deep stuff. It's fun. I love to write. Lot's of people (not just my parents) think it's good enough to publish, so you may see them soon. I hope. *crosses fingers*

13. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Good luck, JJD. Hope I do see them.

Be forewarned, you're about to enter a world of hurt feelings and disappointment. Don't let it get you down, cuz there is always a silver lining. At the least, you'll be a better writer for it.

14. muuurgh8150

muuurgh8150 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    "muuurgh: Why would you write a book that was never going to be published? Or do you post them on the internet to share with other for fun?

A whole book is tough enough to write, IMO, without getting it out to others in some fashion."

How can anyone say if somebody elses work is going to be published or not. If it's a good story, well written, and goes through all the neccessary people, then it has a great chance of being published. Just watch. I don't know how long it will take, but i will get my books published, and then, you will have to pull your foot out of your mouth. I've written several short stories, and people have told me that they were publish worthy. I've had a poem of mine published 3 times. twice in books, and once in a newspaper. One of those books was titled "Poetry's Elite: Best poets of 2000"

So let's try to think positively here. Every writer has as much of a chance to get published as everyone else.

15. Bogga

Bogga Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Umm, not when it comes to Star Wars pieces. No one's fanfic is suddenly going to be picked up for publication by Del Rey. I can guarantee that.

16. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    muuurgh: Don't get so offended. I'm not insulting you or anything.

I am, however, being realistic.

You will not get a Star Wars story published. Won't happen. That is not to say that you're not a good writer with good concepts, but LFL does not accept stories from people off the street. Even the authors that write EU have to invited to do so. It doesn't matter how good you're story is or how good your agent is, it won't happen.

That is why I said that I felt it was better to focus on your own original ideas if you're going to write a book, unless you're going to post your story on the internet.

Again, don't take offense, I don't believe that you have been insulted in anyway. Relax, and understand what I am saying.

17. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    I'm currantly working on two books. One is fanfic that is novel length and I don't know if I can get it in the archives or not - maybe as a series. I am also working on my own full creation that will be a series of novels under the encompassing title of:

The Cronicles of the Three-Sided Coin

It's sci-fi-romance-fantasy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.