main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Has anyone read Episode III: Kightfal. A fan fiction Work by Nick Georgandis?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by actnoble, May 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. actnoble

actnoble Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2002
    Are you sure ive seen the movie 5 times.
    if that is the case than exuse my false info.

but iwas sure he said the boy is coming along.

2. actnoble

actnoble Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2002
    To Cyan_Dawn.

I respect your views alot because of the clairity attached to them.

I agree with you that the story will unfold more visually than alot of discussion. Besides GL always has voiced that the starwars films are a visual experience . So to that Kudos on your understanding.

But i beleive that Anikins journy will be diffrent than Lukes, and is only suppose to mirror it slighty. Because if they did mirror
    each other this might as well be ROTJ, and not episode III.

Luke and Anikin are alot alike but Luke has the advantage to overcome the darkside. Before you dice me into peices let me explain.

for one thing Ankin has always longed for a scence of family scince parting with his mother.

From farther figures like Qui-Gon, Obi-Won, to Palpatine.

From the age of ten he felt an almost kindred connection to Padme wich causes him to act on his fealings when he sees her again to not only act out his hearts content, but to cure that void of family that he knows in some stange but powerful way she can cure that void for him, ofcourse with the knowledge that their is alot at stake.

With no true fealing of firm roots to the Jedi order(Thats why he was to old.) but to only become a Jedi. So when one father figure Dies(Qui-Gon)and the other (Obi-Won) whom he feels is not standing by him the way he feels he should, With the third (Palpatine) giving him everything he wants to hear. Then his mother dies while going threw a slew of emotions for the last resort of family he has is in the form of his bride to be.

This makes for a detinator with all of the wires being red. the odds are 95% against him.

Luke on the other hand is explained much breifer. For one from the time of his birth to the time he became of legal age he lived in a stable two parent house of love(like Shmi and Anikin)with two parental guides that instituted family vales, a hard work ethic as well as dicipline. And it all payed off because in the end Luke did what Anikin Could not or Didnot want to do.

That is reflected on the fact that his emtions for his dutie lay before his feelings for power and even before his father.(The end battle of ROTJ)

He,s not better than Anikin They just do their lives in different ways and ultumatly different paths.

3. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    I have no idea what your huge response was to me. I'm not fluent in Jibberish.

All I know is:

Bad dialogue, stupid storyline, etc. =BAD BAD BAD.

4. DeltaJedi

DeltaJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    I'm gonna misquote "Galaxy Quest" and say here "It dosen't take a great writer to know a bad one..."

I got about 30 or 40 minutes into this, and I just couldn't read any futher. I seriously question whether the person who wrote this actually watches the Star Wars movies, or just fast forwards through the parts that bore him.

5. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    you guys are totally unfair to bash this guys story.

i sm up to chap. 4 so far and it is not bad at all!!!

i couldn't have done it any better!!!

lighten up until you all write your own stories!
    slaimos!

6. episodenone

Jun 13, 2001
    just finished...

thoroughly enjoyable!!!

the kid did a great job and wrote his own vision!

give him the credit he is due!!!

nice job nick.

7. Scruffy-looking

Scruffy-looking Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2002
    Well, I enjoyed it tremendously, so much so I was inspired to try and write an Ep3 story of my own. After rereading it again, it's still a good story, with really good dialogue, but a precise screenplay for a movie, it is not.

If the PT were a sci-fi novel trilogy, it would be great. Of course, it is a movie trilogy, and a movie story is not the same as a written story, even a short story. Those who don't like Knightfall would probably enjoy it a lot more if they read it with that understanding in mind.

8. DeltaJedi

DeltaJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    I actually may write an Episode III script, just because I'm bored. ;)

Though, I can't believe anyone has time to read all this stuff.

9. cable1996

cable1996 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2001
    The story is not bad. Not great, but not bad. My main problem is the fact that Anakin seems to be evil from the Get go, I would like to see a little more decent into the darkside. Finally, Vader is almost a sympathetic character. That's not a bad thing, except for the fact that we have another trilogy to go. The OT does not work unless we know Vader is EVIL!!! Otherwise, first time viewers will watch going "Ani, snap outta it." As it stands now, we have an attachment to Anakin, he is the hero of the PT. Anakin has to do something outragously evil to break our attachment with him. I didn't see that there

10. episodenone

Jun 13, 2001
    no we didn't see his descent in knightfall - but then again, ino, we didn't see his rise to greatness in epII [face_plain]

the story is well-written - and as a screenplay? that what screen adaptations are all about!
    adapting books/stories to movies!

does anyone know when he started / finished it?

11. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I enjoyed it for a couple of reasons:

1) I found it entertaining

2) 2005 is a long way away

12. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    It's horrible.

And actually, I WILL write a better one. I am in the middle of rewriting all the movies (which includes writing Episode III).

Somewhere in fanfic my original TPM rewrite is still around...waiting for it's sequels...

13. episodenone

Jun 13, 2001
    vadebait:
    "horrible" is way too harsh.

give it up.

post a link to your rewrites - i think we should get to judge for ourselves.

and remember - his script is original - not a REWRITE

14. NickGeorgandis

NickGeorgandis Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2002
    Jeez, I don't come to the discussion boards for a few weeks and suddenly a friend emails me that he saw my name on them and I've been turned by VaderBait and Cyan Dawn into a latter-day Jar Jar Binks. Oh well, it's just a story, guys, one I wrote in June of 2001 when I hadn't seen AOTC or any of its trailers and knew only broad details of its plot. I wrote it because I like to write and I was inspired to do so, if you don't care to read it, more power to you. And thanks to the ones who complimented it, I'm not trying to replace Star Wars, I'm just trying to celebrate it. Best wishes.

Nick Georgandis
    http://nickgeo.50megs.com/knightfall.htm

15. Crix-Madine

Crix-Madine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2000
    Marvelous work sir, and frankly I would accept Jar Jars opinion on your story before I accept a couple particular individuals in here!

16. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    As soon as he spelled it "Genosois" I stopped reading. Which was like the first page.

17. NickGeorgandis

NickGeorgandis Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2002
    Mr. Pooja, I wrote this story in June-July of 2001, when the spelling of most planet names was suspect. Perhaps you could give it another go.

18. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Hey man, I read your story a couple of weeks ago and liked it. Don't listen to the critics!

19. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Mr. Pooja, I wrote this story in June-July of 2001, when the spelling of most planet names was suspect. Perhaps you could give it another go.

Pooja is fine. :p

20. Malkuth_Toltec

Malkuth_Toltec Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2002
    I didn't mind it. Some of the action was a little absurd (I couldn't get into the bit where Tyrannus was in the ship and Obi Wan protecting Padme as she flees to her ship not the latter stages of the Dooku Vs Yoda segment)

I also found some of the dialogue to be a little, well, melodramatic and that is considering the nature of Star Wars dialogue. ;D

The worst thing was how Anakin was hardly in the story, not even as Vader. Episode III is HIS story and yet he takes a back seat for the most part.

Having said that, if I didn't enjoy it, I wouldn't have read the whole thing from beginning to end. It was well written an intriguing in its ideas if a lot of them were things I wouldn't be too happy to see in the final film. (I have never been an advocate of Padme's death in the film. It would screw up Leia's dialogue in the OT) It takes a lot of time and effort and you should be proud that you managed to complete a difficult task.

Everything has flaws, you can't prevent it.

21. markdil

markdil Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2002
    I am almost done with it and I have enjoyed it! You guys are way too critical. Sure some things seem out of place and a little silly but everyone has their own idea of what SHOULD be in Star Wars. I just choose to enjoy someone else's vision, even though it conflicts with my own.

The scenes with Padme giving up her children were OUTSTANDING. Really well-written and heartrending. This author should think about writing more touchy-feely stories (think Nicholas Sparks), I don't think he realizes how good at it he is. I had tears in my eyes!

22. episodenone

Jun 13, 2001
    i just want to reiterate some of my old posts since the author is in the house!

i liked it a lot!!!
    please go read my old comments!

23. jedi4500

jedi4500 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    i just finished reading the story, i thought it was great! i like some of the ideas...i see a bright future for this author, all those that bashed it are just pissed because they didnt think to write episode iii...

24. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    [face_laugh] I smell socks....anyways, I'm not saying I could do any better, but that's stilL REALLY bad. You want to tear my rewrites (and original stories) apart, go ahead, that's what writing is all about, I'm too lazy to post a link, but hang around the Fanfic forums tonight or tomorrow and you're bound to see me upping my sequel (which inside has a link to the Episode I rewrite)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.