main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Has anyone talked about Maz Kanata's mysterious possession of Luke's lightsaber??

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Obi-wan KeNOObi, Jun 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-wan KeNOObi

Obi-wan KeNOObi Jedi Knight

Apr 25, 2017

So the question on everyone's mind is, "How the hell did she get the saber?"

And I think I remember her saying something like, "It's not important",

is this a crafty ploy of the writers to incite the wrath amongst the fans or are they just being lazy?

Seeker Of The Whills likes this.
  2. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Maz Kanata's canon story (as described in the Visual Dictionary) is that she was a kind of space pirate. She has received several interesting loot from all around the universe, which can be seen in the same room where Rey finds the lightsaber.

The non-canon original version of the LS story was that some random worker found the LS on the bottom of that pit on Bespin, then not knowing what it was, it was used to light bonfires and such.

Photo from a Star Wars display plaque on Disneyland:
    [​IMG]

Kylo was a collector of ancient Jedi/Sith stuff, and located the LS. When he went there to buy the LS from the ramdom person who had possession of it, Maz's people got there first and got it.

An alternative version would have been the "floating hand" intro that was dropped.

Another alternative version is similar to the first one, but the random worker finds the LS and then gives it to Lando, who then sells it to Maz.

All this was the original story as rumored. The actual canon story we have for now, is just that "it is a good story for another time", as Maz told Han.

3. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    The sad thing is Han will never find out :_|

I'm sure we'll eventually find out so I'm not worried about it. What I want to know is how did Kylo get his hands on this...
    [​IMG]

Obi-wan KeNOObi likes this.
  4. Obi-wan KeNOObi

Obi-wan KeNOObi Jedi Knight

Apr 25, 2017

Oh,my stars that is such a good point! WHERE DID HE FIND THAT

Seeker Of The Whills likes this.
  5. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I think mask is easier to explain.

Kylo knew that Vader disappeared after the explosion of DS 2. Very likely he found the burial site on Endor, and managed to fetch the mask.

6. Jo Lucas

Jo Lucas Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2015
    She's pirate. She probably just bought it from someone or found it by herself... I don't know.

7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.