main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Has EVERYONE Completly Forgotten About Jaina and Zekk?"

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Tanakin_Skywalker, Sep 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tanakin_Skywalker

Tanakin_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2003
    I am angry that everyone talks about how Jaina should end up with Jag and if not him, then Kyp. Hello? Has everyone completely forgotten about Zekk? He was her childhood crush and after reading Dark Journey and Star by Star, it still seems like there's still something going on between them.

"Bring back Jaina and Zekk!" :D

2. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    I don't think Zekk's gonna end up with her. He's not even important enough to have a last name.

The dude dodged a bullet if you ask me.

3. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Who is Zekk?

4. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    who cares?

5. JansonYellowAces

JansonYellowAces Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    "You must unlearn what you have learned. Together Jag, and Jania are."

6. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    yeah, the NJO has basically thrown out the major relationships presented in the YJK series. [face_plain]

ah well...

What have I got in my pocket?

7. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

I know this feeling. When i started to read the NJO, i was wondering where are Zekk, Tenel Ka and Lowie? I mean were the characters not good enough for them? I'd love to see Zekk and Jaina get together (and In my fanfic, they do) but the sad news is the I just don't think its going to happen. Unless they kill Jag off.

8. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I know what you mean about Jaina and Zekk and about Jacen and Tenel Ka. If they don't get them to reunite within the next two books, they might do so in the forthcoming post-NJO trilogy. However, I think Zekk chose to leave Jaina because he knew the path Jaina was taking and knew the possible consequences. Including someone being forced to stop Jaina by killing her, and he loved her too much to do such a thing.

9. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Zekk was the student at the shadow academy right?

10. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Yeah, I want them to get back together, but I see it as doubtful. I actually find the whole Jacen/ Danni thing more annoying than the Jaina/ Jag thing. He's getting a little better.

11. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

_Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2003
    Jaina and Zekk have seperate paths. Jaina said herself she loves Zekk, just more in a brotherly fashion.

12. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    ouch [face_wince]

that one always hurts. "I love you, but more like a brother" the poor guy. perhaps he and Tenel Ka should hook up.

What have I got in my pocket?

13. Tanakin_Skywalker

Jul 22, 2003
    Oh yeah, I remember reading that in Star by Star.

14. JansonYellowAces

JansonYellowAces Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    Question: Why does everyone in the GFFA have to get hooked up with someone else? Can't anyone live single all their lives. Even Lando got hooked up.

(I know there are some who are single, but people want them hooked up too.)

15. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Because most people believe people deserve to find someone?

16. -Lord-Vader-

-Lord-Vader- Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2003
    Zekk's personal development took him down the road of being a lightside fanatic. Jaina chose a profession which would put her in danger of falling to the dark side (and probably push her into it at least two or three times)

Zekk had trouble getting along with Anakin, and HE was pretty anti-darkness in his beliefs. Zekk and Jaina took divergent paths. They could not ever "hook up" and last for more than a one-night stand.

Kyp is much too old for Jaina, even to the point of his attraction being practically perverse, but even he would be much better for Jaina than Zekk. Jag, on the other hand, has much in common with Jaina, does not worry about the "sides" of the Force, and can relate to the stresses of her occupation. Oh, yeah, he was also born less than a decade before Jaina, which is always a plus.

17. JediFreac

JediFreac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Uh, Zekk is like a year older than Jag, tops.

Jaina saved Zekk from the dark side.
    Yet, when Jaina goes dark, Zekk runs away.

Talk about paying back favors?

18. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Well, Jaina sure has.

19. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Smurfy, read what I wrote above. Now, having read DJ, wouldn't you agree that for most of the book, it looked like Jaina was going to go down the dark path, and she didn't care where it went, or who was caught in the crossfire, so long as the Yuuzhan Vong were destroyed in the process? Obviously, someone like that would need to be stopped, and if she hadn't willing to return to the light, there was only one option left.

20. Gaeri

Gaeri Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 12, 2003
    Question: Why does everyone in the GFFA have to get hooked up with someone else? Can't anyone live single all their lives. Even Lando got hooked up.

Well, watching Lando try to hook up with someone is perhaps one of the funnest enterprises he undertakes.

Everyone is hooking up. Weird. Wonder what's next...

I read the YJK whenever my brain starts to hurt, and I was a little mad at how easily they wrote Tenel and Zekk out of Jacen and Jaina's lives, and out of the main storyline. But people grow up.

21. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    quote from elaine cunningham:

Earlier books have hinted that Jaina just doesn't feel that old spark for Zekk. He was a childhood friend, maybe even a firse crush, but she has moved on.

22. JediFreac

Mar 7, 2002
    I dunno, JediAlly, I'm a self-proclaimed Zekkie fan myself (although not necessarily for Jaina) but my read on the Jaina-goes-dark-situation was that she was practically asking for somebody to drag her back to the lightside. Kind of like people who threaten suicide, but never really go through with it entirely. At that point in time she was very alone in her life and she didn't see Zekk abandoning her as love, she saw it as betrayal. I dunno, as far as the dark side thing goes, at least Jaina tried to drag Zekk back. Zekk just kind of scampered away.

23. Kyp_Jaina_Jag

Kyp_Jaina_Jag Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2002
    I have never considered Zekk and Jaina together during the NJO. As soon as the Young Jedi Knights ended, I figured 'They weren't really together anyway, it's sure over now.' Zekk's lack of presence in the NJO pretty much confirmed these thoughts. When he reappeared in Star By Star, any remote chance that Zekk and Jaina would be together was ruined when Jaina continued to think about Jag Fel. *gag*

In 'Dark Journey' Zekk could have been a main character, but Elaine Cunningham must have decided to just make up a ridiculous love triangle with Jag and Kyp. I would have loved to see more Zekk/Jaina scenes in 'Dark Journey'. It could have improved the book greatly if they had at least talked about their friendship or something.

I really wanted Zekk to appear in the Rebel Dream/Stand duology, but our dear Jag put a stop to that. (Jaina: "I was thinking about asking Zekk." Jag: "He's not that good.") So, sure, Zekk could have easily been included in the past few books, with the exception of the cameo in 'Destiny's Way', but I guess the authors decided to let it lie.

24. JediFreac

Mar 7, 2002
    I always thought Jag's "he's not that good" comment was EVIL!

Meanspirited, in any case.

25. Tanakin_Skywalker

Jul 22, 2003
    Which book was that in? Was he reffering to Zekk?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.