main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Has Luke ever heard of podracing?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Naboo1, Dec 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    Sure, But I believe that is why Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru lived in the middle of nowhere.

Besides, Luke was to busy hanging at "Tossie Power Station" and bull's-eyeing "whomp rats" in Beggars Canyon to have been interested in such tomfoolery and shenenigans.

2. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    I think Luke would know about pod-racing, but his interests seem more directed to military-style activity, shooting guns, flying ships, etc.

3. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I think he prefered his T-16. It was probably the new thing over at Tatoonie. Podracing probably went out of fashion.

4. Lord_Coras

Lord_Coras Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    The Mos Espa Circuit according to the Inside the World of Star Wars Episode I
    [image=http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/images/features/race/MosEspaCircuit.jpg]
    Beggar's Canyon is a part of the old pod race track at least.

5. darthmace7

darthmace7 Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 15, 2003
    I think he's probably heard of it. He did live on Tatooine and it would appear from that map that the podrace track went right through a favorite hang-out of his.

You never know, though.

6. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    If he always raced down Beggar's Canyon its likely that podracing was closed down.

7. Darth_Deagol

Darth_Deagol Jedi Master star 2

Dec 22, 2002
    From the film it looks to me like the racing circuit is something more akin to LeMans where they shut down a bunch of city streets. When they aren't racing the streets are once again open to traffic. After all, even during races Tusken Raiders are camped out with rifels on a portion of the track.

If there wasn't currently a race going on I'm sure Luke and his drag racing buddies had free reign of beggars canyon and other geological features that were used as the racing circuit.

8. SON OF SKYWALKER

SON OF SKYWALKER Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 1999
    Luke has heard of Skyhopping, thats for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.