main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Has Obi-wan "Ben" Kenobi Ever fired a Blaster??

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by LottDodd, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    Luke Never was A Jedi Knight in the Classic Sense...

And He Wasn't Even a Jedi Yet when he grabbed the Blaster in Jabba's Palace... Although he might have liked to think of himself as one...

2. IG_88a

IG_88a Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2002
    slightly off topic, but why was luke never a Knight in 'the classic' sence? According to what i've seen and read in ROTJ he was very much a Jedi Knight.
    Back on topic, the Jedi have to have fired a blaster at least once, how else do they train to deflect the bolts? besides training droids.

3. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    He was Never Trained in the Style of the Order. He Was Never A Padawan. Their was No Jedi Order... and a Knight is a Soldier of an Order. Luke Was Every Bit as Powerful as A Jedi Knight... But the Jedi Knights Existed in a Specific Time and Place, With a Specific Roll to Play and a Duty to the Galaxy and the Order. Lukes Path was not the Same as a "Classic" Jedi Knight. Obi-wan Kenobi, raised, trained, and given the Classic Education of Jedi... As Well as Fullfilling Duties to the Republic and the Order, was a Knight. Anakin (if he is ever awarded the title) Would also be considered a Knight.

While Sir Alec Guiness might have Been Knighted... it's not the same roll as in the days of yore. I Believe Luke was a Jedi. I Believe he became A Jedi Master. But I Don't thin he ever tradditionally filled the Roll of a Jedi Knight.

4. Aurasingstheblues

Aurasingstheblues Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2001
    <I>"Guys, in the grand sceme of the saga, does it really matter if he did?"</I>

Yes. [face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.