main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Has Shaak Ti's death in the TFU been retconned?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Graves101, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    no

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Ack, what was different?

3. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
  4. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Curse the foggy window of continuity, curse it I say!

5. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Actually watched the Yoda episodes earlier today.

Mace's death? Check
    Kit's death? Check
    Agen's death? Check
    Sassee's death? Check

All 4 were spot on as to how they happened in ROTS, and Shaak Ti's lines up with a deleted scene from ROTS. The only part of the vision that never happens anywhere in fact is a group of Jedi attacking Clone Troopers. So yeah i'd say the TFU battle on Felucia's been done away with, and that Shaak Ti was killed by Anakin in the Jedi Temple during Order 66.

MasterSkywalker86 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  6. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
  7. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I actually thought the line up of Jedi getting blaster-bolted could have been something that happened off screen in O66 (or maybe it was also a representations of Mace's pose vs. Palpy)

8. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Mace survived his fall and Plo Koon survived his crash and they joined up with Obi-Wan for an epic battle against clone troopers that happened after Episode III ended. It was in Yoda's vision, so it must be true guys. CANON

9. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011

If it hadn't included Obi-Wan, Mace and others I would've thought the same.

10. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    No I'm dead serious, it's obvious they're setting up that Mace and Plo Koon survived. They might show up in Rebels.

11. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011
    Without having the ability to see into the future i'm going to go ahead and make some predictions:

No they're not, no you're not, and no they won't.

12. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Everything else was true in Yoda's vision. I'm pretty sure that was the intent.

13. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    I must be honest -- and I really struggled to find the right way to phrase this -- but in the name of %$#&, some %$#&ing vision on Dagobah does not decanonize TFU. Seriously. The fact that this is even a topic of conversation is absurd. Yes, it might perhaps possibly be some sort of contradiction, but from that to "TFU is obviously not canon now" is a gold medal-winning leap.

WMIRTUTSF and DigitalMessiah like this.
  14. Mat Skywalker

Mat Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Obi-wan and Ashoka make a cameo :p[​IMG]

DigitalMessiah likes this.
  15. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    No it's obvious we were meant to take it all absolutely literally. I'm pretty excited that Mace and Plo survived Episode III TBH.

Vthuil likes this.
  16. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    Oh yeah? And how will the EU get out of this one

DigitalMessiah likes this.
  17. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011

You'll notice I personally only said the battle on Felucia. Kind of in the same vein that Even Piell's appearance in the Coruscant Nights Series obviously wasn't going to be canon anymore with TCW. Shaak Ti dying wouldn't completely erase Galen's history and the events of his game. (Though Pablo making comments on Twitter or wherever else is of course a different story.)

MasterSkywalker86 that picture looks just....just terrible.

18. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005

"We must trust in Pablo, the moment we don't believe in Hidalgo is the day we lose him."

[​IMG]

19. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I honestly think it was an animation matter wherein "Okay, let's grab these jedi character models and since it's all blurry anyway and show a bunch of Jedi getting shot at by clones" without specifically going for the intent that "It's guys doing stuff that didn't happen in the movie." Also it could be recognizable Jedi figures that would work for emotional impact on Yoda/the audience. I mean, Yoda also had a vision of dying on a catwalk vs. Sidious and that's not meant to be taken literally.

20. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    DarthJenari, oh I dunno I think the artists did some good work with these

[​IMG]

and Leia gets a doggy :)

[​IMG]

21. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    Even that is a very, very big stretch. Since 1980 we've been expected to not take the Dagobah cave sequences literally. And suddenly they're concrete facts?

22. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
  23. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012

"... You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the movie purists, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the EU, not leave it in Darkness! ... You were my brother, Pablo. I loved you."

[​IMG]

24. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011

The problem is that these are a series of visions where we know 4 of them to be concrete facts, and one of them having been a planned fact, and only left out of the final cut where the other four were facts. I think it's a stretch, a huge stretch really, to say that a solid case can't be made for the Shaak Ti death in the vision being meant to replace the one in TFU. It would be a different scenario if Shaak Ti's death and the Jedi battle was all that happened, or if a bunch of other random things that didn't happen were inserted, but that's all we saw. 4 things that we know happened, and 1 thing that we know didn't, and then a final thing that's up in the air, but we again know was planned at some point. Not seeing where people are making huge steps in assuming that Ti's death here would be canon as well.

I agree that assuming that retcons all of TFU is a leap however. (Though again Pablo apparently did that himself anyways) which would make the entire argument moot.

25. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    He did?

Cad Bane ‏@A_Targaryen @Infinata is the start of the Rebel Alliance from TFU considered canon with the Rebels storyline? Or is TFU not canon at all?

Pablo Hidalgo ‏@infinata @A_Targaryen no. The TFU version isn't canon. The season 5 Clone Wars stuff is.

Gotta love how misinformation due to wishful thinking spreads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.