main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Has Shaak Ti's death in the TFU been retconned?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Graves101, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011

I thought he'd made a comment on his twitter that only the movies and TCW were canon, along with Rebels? Or perhaps i'm just remembering that wrong. If so I retract that statement.

2. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    It's not that less problematic, though. The founding of the Rebel Alliance is at the heart of TFU. If you remove that, what remains, except some lightsaber swinging?

3. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004

Yeah, the EU is "quasi-canon" or "continuity." Which is what Pablo's point all along is about the founding of the Rebel Alliance in TFU not being the "canon version," because the EU isn't canon.

WMIRTUTSF and Vthuil like this.
  4. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    If they had made a tier of canon for drug trips, visions and assorted hallucinatory phenomena, we would have avoided this ridiculousness. C20H25N3O-Canon?

5. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    The canon tiers have always been smoke and mirrors considering that they're appended by "contradictions are handled on a case by case basis," thus sabotaging their alleged purpose.

I don't think that people in their zeal to celebrate the demise of TFU realize this applies equally to Garm Bel Iblis and the Thrawn trilogy.

Vthuil likes this.
  6. Mat Skywalker

Mat Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Someone make that into a movie

7. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    These.

The only real change that seems to have occurred wasn't that the EU was "decanonized" - it was that TCW was canonized. Frankly, I think the whole continuity tiers thing was always just a way of saying "the canon is the movies and whatever else we feel like at the time".

Really, fans in general obsess way too much about what's "canon".

DigitalMessiah likes this.
  8. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Well one difference, is that when Palpatine was offing the Jedi in the vision, he was wearing his Sidious clothing, while in reality, he was dressed in his Palpatine outfit with no hood while killing the Jedi in his office.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.