main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Has the Clone Wars Cartoons Helped/ Hurt your impression on some characters?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by clone3131, Mar 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    It has effected a lot of mine.

First off- OB1 kicks all forms of arse in the Clone Wars cartoons.

Anakin- i have found a deeper appreciation for him via the CLone Wars cartoons/comics/books that i almost dont want him to fall from grace.

Padme- Love her character in the Clone Wars cartoons! Not that i dont love Portman, but the portrayal of her and that voice- i love her even more. Plus I buy the whole relationship during these cartoons as opposed to AOTC.

Yoda- He's pretty cool in the Clone War cartoons too.

Misc Jedi: Shak Ti i like more now- she seems very powerfull in the CW's. The Hammerhead and Other Jedi from the Cantina were welcome suprises and rock the house.

The Bad:
    Grievous- Just dont like him. I hope he's better in the film- but he seems to cartoony and stupid.

On the Fence:

Mace. Liked him in Chapter 12 on Datooine- but other than that, meh. He doesnt do it for me.

What about you?

Clone

2. CBright7831

CBright7831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2004
    How could you not like Grievous?

3. master_organa

master_organa Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 5, 2004
    Shaak Ti a huge amount, and Anakin.

4. phoenix-jedi

phoenix-jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2005
    I thinked it helped everyones impressions of characters. I read alot of the prequel books and comics from this time and I know reading it all I will get soooo much more out of this movie then people who don't watch clone wars or read this stuff. I mean the movies are great. But the connections you get from reading about the characters and seeing all they do, it just makes the movies that much more powerful. I think people who don't watch these cartoons or read some of the comics and books are really missing out a great deal and will never be affected by these movies they way they could be and should be

5. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    I always like the character, but this film majorly helps to show the transition from resentful student/frustrated master to good friends between Anakin and Obi Wan. I really love watching those two interact...and it certainly did a great job foreshadowing Anakin's future.

Oh, and Palpatine was awesome in this...as was Mace Windu. I appreciate his character a little more now. And this had definitely given me some serious affection for Shaak Ti. :) Such a sweet character, and such a pretty character design.

6. ShadowHitokiri

ShadowHitokiri Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2005
    Genndy's Clone Wars cartoons has greatly improved not only my impressions of characters, plotlines, and overall the entire PT. (Basically, I feel that CW does the PT right.)

Anakin Skywalker is the most important improvement; he is made much more worthy of his eventual descent into Darth Vader in my eyes; he's a much more cooler character, with more depth and heart than the AOTC "whiny" interpretation; I can honestly believe this is Vader as a young man, and a Jedi on the Light side of the Force. Also, his romance with Padme is just as improved; their relationship isn't sappy and corny, but realistic in its subtleties, making it far more interesting and deep; I'd say thier romance is now up on the same level as Han/Leia. (Design-wise, Anakin scores well in that category too, especially when he no longer has the padawan braid and just lets his hair grow all wild, and I love his temporary dark blue tatoo in the "Mother" quest.)

I first saw General Grievous in Genndy's Clone Wars, and his first impression on me has left him as my #2 favorite SW character. (Darth Vader's the first.) Also, I love Shaak Ti, she is very cool; great warrior, calm persona, very compassionate, looks great in Genndy style, etc.

7. KyleKatarn96

KyleKatarn96 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 19, 2004
    all of above is a definite to what i feel..plus i think it really shows how close anakin and obi-wan get and how their relationship is

8. Obladi_Oblada

Obladi_Oblada Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 18, 2005
    I wasn't too fond of how Palpatine's been depicted in CW. Ian McDiarmid IS Palpatine to me and the CW version was a cheap imitation that lacked any kind of subtlety. Same goes for Sidious. Awful voice in the cartoon.

What I did like was how Volume 2 showed Anakin and Obi-Wan as actual friends, which helps a lot. Dooku was pretty cool too. His character design was my favorite out of all of them. Also, I liked the clones for the most part.

9. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Absolutely, the clone wars cartoon series has really helped the PT, and makes the impact even harder for when we see ROTS.

10. darthpigskin

darthpigskin Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2001
    Yeah 3131, i agree about your Grevious perspective. He's way too cartoonie! And... i'm not too sure about his abilities. Way TOO over the top powerful!
    What's up with his force pushes??? He ain't no Sith!

Other than that... I LOVE the relationship between Anakin and Obiwan. Gives service to "He was a cunning warrior and a good friend".

11. teh_boink

teh_boink Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2005
    Anakin .. The clone wars series made me see a lot deeper into his character, when he gets angry during a fight towards the end of the second series i think in episode 17/18/19 ...

12. Freddy-Krueger

Freddy-Krueger Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 5, 2005
    i agree about your Grevious perspective. He's way too cartoonie!

......It's a CARTOON.

13. Obladi_Oblada

Obladi_Oblada Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 18, 2005
    It's animation. Just because something's animated doesn't mean it has to be cartoony. Compare Clone Wars to.. I dunno the Animatrix or some of the more serious anime. Or even something lighter like Titan AE. Animated but not cartoony.

14. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001

I'm not quite sure where you're getting this from...the Good General never performed any "force punches" during the cartoon...nor any other force-like technique.

15. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004

I almost started a thread the second i saw that- then i realized what happend.

Grievous didnt force push Palpatine away from him-

Grievous extended his arm to choke Palpatine and Shak Ti force pulled Palpatine towards her to save Palpatine....

BUT it did look like GG force pushed him. But he didnt

CLOne

16. HanandChewie

HanandChewie Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2005
    It has definately helped my impression, because i got to see the full power of the Jedi and i got to see some pretty cool Clone Trooper invaders from Season 1.

17. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    This has really helped my impression of a lot of people:

Anakin/Padme/Kenobi- The relationship between these characters is much better than the one in AOTC. Or more natural seeming to me, anyway. A good primer for the coming break up (persumably, I'm HCSF, so I don't really know).

Mace- I've always loved the character in theory, but he's been excellent here. Really shown as a leader, and strong on the battlefield, and wise in the Council. Incredible. Really shows why he's the embodiment of PT Jedi, as many around these boards like to say.

Oppo Rancisis- aka "Koos a La Goop-a-goop." I always thought this guy was an idiot. But know I've come to appreciate his character design as mildly Dr.Seuss-ish. And his role in the Anakin knighting debate really won me over as to why he should be respected as a Jedi.

Many Random Jedi- Shaak Ti, the Ithorian Jedi, etc. I have a lot more respect for all these guys now than I used to. I'm really pleased with them.

My only possible exception is General Grievous. On the one hand, I do want to see him, in the film, and I'm excited about it. His highly kinetic style, and overall demeanor is also exciting to me. However, I agree with comments he was to over-powered and cartoonish many times. The scenes of his training with Dooku, and his weakness against Mace really helped bring him down to a more reasonable level, though. And he really did shine when he got to take out Palpatine's guards. But I still have some reservations about how he's going to work out onscreen.

18. FigmentJedi

FigmentJedi Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2004
    Thanks to the series, Shaak Ti is one of my favorite Jedi now along with Kit Fisto and Yoda.

19. Lord_Rioril

Lord_Rioril Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2005
    Hi all, I'm new here, but I've long been a star wars fan. In my opinion Anakin is at his best in the clone war cartoons since he is no longer the pathetic love boy, or the immature kid that destroys the whole trade federation single handedly as well as he is not yet the evil Vader. In fact he is quite the ideal reluctant hero.

Also my favourite character has to be Obi Wan... in the cartoon he really starts to resemble the Alec Guiness Obi Wan with his comments together with Ewan's facial expression.

20. Taffin

Taffin Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2005
    I thought Shaak Ti was a cool design before, but now she's one of my favorite Jedi. I can't beleive how cool they made her in Vol. 2. Now I want an animted figure of her!

21. BauconBatista

BauconBatista Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    Shaak Ti. She went from some background Jedi to one of the most attractive SW females ever.

22. darthpigskin

Nov 17, 2001
    I mentioned earlier that Gen. Grevious seems to throw a force push. "Where?", you may ask?

Actually, in chapter 20, when he takes Shaak Ti out. It appears that he could strike her with the lightsaber, but instead, pushes her into the wall (through what looks like a force push.) The camera angle doesn't show any physical contact(like a punch).
    What do you think?

Also, in the final chapter, he seems to push Palpy, but... Clone3131 helped me to see that it's actually Shaak Ti pulling him away from GG.

Just curioso.

23. -Commander_Cody-

-Commander_Cody- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 17, 2005
    I like how the we got to know the jedi better. Not just Obi-wan and Anakin but every Jedi and how devoted they were to helping the Republic. Its also nice to see Anakin in his good side one last time before he turns all bad into Darth Vader. I love the battles and it has helped my understanding of Obi-wans and Anakins relationship.

24. Qu_Klaani

Qu_Klaani Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    "Actually, in chapter 20, when he takes Shaak Ti out. It appears that he could strike her with the lightsaber, but instead, pushes her into the wall (through what looks like a force push.) The camera angle doesn't show any physical contact(like a punch).
    What do you think?"

It is in fact Shaak Ti being a bit creative and using the force to push herself away from the lightsabrers, she needn't have pushed quite so hard though...

25. darthpigskin

Nov 17, 2001
    Yeah thanks Qu. After serious discussions with friends I see what you are saying. Thanks for your input.

I was getting worried there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.