main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Has the film deepened your appreciation of the soundtrack?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Tho Yor, May 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tho Yor

Tho Yor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    After having seen the film (twice! yay) now, I have been able to see where the score fits in the context in the movie.

Is there anything that you didn't quite like on CD that you like better now that it's in the film, or vice versa?

For me, I didn't really like the Tusken Camp track much, but when I saw Anakin find Shmi, and as she dies in his arms, he looks forward with that amazing evil look, the score is perfectly frantic from that point on.

2. DarthBurns

DarthBurns Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2001
    When I read the title to this thread, I was going to write about the Tusken Camp. Seems you're one step ahead of me.

The violins that play when Anakin lifts his head up from Shmi's body really describes the turmoil building up inside him perfectly.

Also, Return to Tatooine has a great piece of music. Anakin is just about to leave to find Shmi. The Force theme plays here, but heads straight into Duel of the Fates. That really got my adrenaline pumping. ;)

3. GasCabbie

GasCabbie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 28, 2001
    "Confrontation With Count Dooku..." seemed really sporradic and jumped around a lot, but in the film it fit the mood of each scene perfectly! :D

4. Rupert_Pupkin

Rupert_Pupkin Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2002
    Yeah, after seeing how Lucas completely butchered the soundtrack during the movie... yes, i appreciation the actual soundtrack CD more.

5. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Yes!!!

6. Tho Yor

Tho Yor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    lol yeah it does seem to me that the music is more enjoyable in its flowing self on the CD rather than so heavily edited in the film.

7. JediTidus

JediTidus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2002
    It definetly has. I can picture the images from the movie while listening to the music. I love Return to Tatooine, but I wish the Duel of the Fates section of the piece would be longer. It's less than 10 seconds.

8. there_is_another

there_is_another Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2002
    Actually I think that the score has deepened my appreciation for the movie. Especially after the 4th time watching it, your mind is blown my how well everything fits.
    John Williams is hands down the best!

9. DarthJerm

DarthJerm Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2001
    After watching the movie I was a little disappointed with the soundtrack.
    In the movie, I heard the Emperor's theme at least twice (when we finally see Sidious & when Anakin is talking about killing the Tusken Raiders) but it's nowhere on the CD itself.

10. AmeiaSkywalker

AmeiaSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2001
    I love it when you hear the Imperial March at the end when all the Clones are marching.
    It really deepens the moment. :D

11. AcklayComeHome

AcklayComeHome Jedi Master star 7

Apr 27, 2002
    One of my favorite tracks was the second half of "Love Pledge and the Arena", after the love theme. But I didn't hear it in the film, so that was kinda disappointing.

12. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    It kind of varies for me. I really love "The Tusken Camp" after having seen the action that goes with it, and "Zam the Assassin & The Chase Through Coruscant" plays much better on screen then on CD, but I think the film really cheapens "Return to Tattooine" and "Confrontation with Count Dooku & Finale." Can't have it all, I guess.

-Paul

13. JediMasterLuminara

JediMasterLuminara Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    I always fall in love with the soundtrack first, then the movie. Of course it's always exciting to see the music put into play with the movie, but for me, a major part of Star Wars is the music. Which is why I have to see the movie a few times in the theatre before fulling grasping what's going on. It's such an inspiring rush to hear the music of John Williams pulsing through the speakers of a theatre, surrounding your every being entirely and taking you over. The first few times I see the movie I get caught up in the music and forget to keep my mind also focused on the events unraveling before me. I don't, however, read the titles of the tracks before I see the movie. I like to imagine my own movie first in my mind, see the movie, then read the track listing.. just to see if I were in any means close to the real thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.