main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Has there ever been a character that was both Jedi and Sith?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by DarthMarik, Oct 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I thought the warring between them was that the sith, as a group, believe they have the right to use any means to get to their goal, may it be power, knowledge or just eat the best food in the galaxy. While the jedi, together with most other, think that they don’t have that right which make the sith try to remove them since they stand in the way.

Iron_lord likes this.
  2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Yes, I see such stances are prevalent Gamiel. I don't share either. :)

3. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Multiple personalities are more probably understood if one studies dissociate identity disorder. Interestingly, there are therapies that can help an individual reintegrate the fragments of their identity. Oftentimes, these "personalities" are not aware of being in the same mind/body. I studied this extensively in a class called Counseling Victims of Trauma back in 2011. A trauma during childhood, such as horrific abuse, may lead to DID. Anyway, I don't know how they could come up with a character who was both Jedi and Sith with this, but I imagine it would be possible if one explored the character's life in depth. It would take an excellent writer to do it, I imagine.

Darth_Dreadwar likes this.
  4. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015

I wouldn't say this guy really is a Jedi nor a Sith BUT - what about Kar Vastor? Mace Windu's Ghosh Windu Clan Brother - left for dead in the dangerous jungles on Haruun Kal - at the mercy of the elements and beasts - he developed Pelekotan - and whilst his fellow Akk Guards would also being Koruun had the Force - they weren't exactly 'kind benevolent' beings in a sense - but Kar Vastor - he survived in the jungles of Haruun Kal for a year (discovering his Pelekotan BUT at the cost of his humanity) and became of the following:
    "There's a lor pelek who travels with Depa's band. He's…very powerful. More than powerful. If we can get Besh and Chalk to him before they start the twitches, he might be able to save them."
    Nick Rostu[src]

Kar Vastor grew to become a lor pelek; a jungle master shaman, witch doctor, wizard, and demon. In Korun legend, the lor pelek was a person of great power, and great peril. Kar Vastor lived up to his title—he was as unpredictable as the jungle, bringing life or death, a gift or a wound. In some Korun stories, a lor pelek was not a being at all, but was rather Pelekotan incarnate: the avatar of the "jungle mind." Kar Vastor, although stillHuman, became the avatar of the jungle's darkness.[1]

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kar_Vastor

Iron_lord likes this.
  5. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Mace Windu has been called a Grey Jedi by some and even a Dark Jedi by others. I think the latter is an inappropriate label for him. I did like how some stories showed that Anakin and Windu are not as different as people think they are.

Honestly, the more people talk about Haruun Kal, I think that they really should have classified them as near-humans instead of humans. Forgive me if I'm not getting that right, for it has been many years since I read Shatterpoint and studied Windu's background. I really appreciated that fleshing out Windu's character, and I imagine Jackson would have enjoyed working with that background and characterization in the movies. Honestly, though, from how Lucas was handling the movies, Windu came off as very remote, intense, obsessed, and bland at the same time, which is rather bizarre if you think about it. He might as well have been a Chiss Jedi, given stereotype. I do with that they had dealt more with Haruun Kal in other novels, in TCW, and elsewhere.

Anyway, Kar Vastor goes to show that the Force can be used in other ways besides the methods and traditions of the Jedi and Sith. It's similar to those Force-based traditions that Luke, Ben Skywalker, Jacen, and Xendor encountered. I think Xendor said that any creed or philosophy can be true. It's the ethics and belief systems behind them and how individuals choose to use them and how those individuals allow themselves to be affected and changed by those systems of thought that matter. Much like real life. But as nasty as Kar Vastor was, we certainly have a lot of people like him in real life. Vastor wasn't all bad, as he later showed to Luke. This is part of why I like Star Wars, not only because of such a frightening, terrible person like Vader redeeming himself, but because we find individuals who have had terrible lives turn themselves around and show that there is light in them and not only darkness like Kar Vastor and Asajj Ventress. So, there ya have it.

Iron_lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.