main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Has your opinion of any character changed?

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by TheRandomMenace, Apr 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Is Darth Maul no longer bad@$$? Is Jar Jar no longer annoying?

As time has passed, has your opinion of any character changed? Explain which character and why.

Personally, I have a new appreciation for Obi-Wan after seeing the prequels. Of course we don't see his long-term reaction to Anakin's fall on-screen, but from what I can infer (without reading EU) he handled it rather well. He didn't seem too distraught or depressed, and still managed to be optimistic about the roles Luke and Leia could play to redeem Anakin. So has my opinion of Obi-Wan changed? No not necessarily, because I've always liked him, but I like him a lot more now that the prequels have been released.

2. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I've found my interest in Qui-Gon has gone up. After TPM, I didn't really care for him; he was sorta just there. But I liked his brief appearance in Clone Wars and I'm really looking forward to the comic book miniseries Dark Horse has coming out.

3. PraetorDrew

PraetorDrew Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2006
    My respect of Yoda has grown tremendously since viewing the prequels. He lost everything, including all the people he cared about as well as his position as one of the most powerful individuals in the entire galaxy. Yet, he made the best of it. He did not deteriorate into bitterness and resentment, nor did he burn with a desire for revenge against Palpatine. He waited patiently so that he could act in exactly the right way in exactly the right time.

I'll admit that if I were in his position, I would have joined the Alliance out of spite for the Empire, and the desire to kill as many of my enemy's minions as I could. But such would have been the wrong choice. I likely would have been killed before having the opportunity to train the next generation.

4. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I have a a special place in my heart for Phantom Menace. It made me feel like a 10 YO kid again seeing it in theaters. It gave me hope to the endless possibility of the next two movies. It made a giant impact on action figure collecting for me. Sure I hate the farting Opie's and don't care so much for Jar Jar,but I love it as a movie .In the the last 5 years it is the most watch outside the OT in my home theater.

5. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I think TPM would have been a much better movie is Lucas had cut the "Yippee" lines and, above all, kept the scene where Anakin gets into a fight. Hinting at the darkness within him made him a more interesting character, in my opinion.

Heck, I don't even mind Jar Jar all that much.

6. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Very Well said

7. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Here's a preview of the new Qui-Gon miniseries Dark Horse Comics is doing. It looks good, to me.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=8482

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.