main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Has your OT been affected yet?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Scummy_and_Villainous, Jul 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HugoWanKenobi

HugoWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 3, 2013

You already lost me after this line, sorry. I agree with some post above: I love Star Wars very much, but at the end, is only fantasy. I'll never understand how some alterations in a movie can make people so frustrated.

2. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013

I think a vast majority of the problem is the fact that the only official way of purchasing and viewing the films are the special, altered versions. I think people would be largely fine with their existence if they had the option to also have the original, unaltered versions.

3. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I think the main problem is that some of the alterations weren't done well. Crummy 1990s CGI is forever glued to a timeless movie.

4. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    interesting post. I mean, the original poster just stated that he watched a specific version of the trilogy, presumably because that's the version he enjoys. You're the one who made a value judgement about his (incidentally very well written) post based on the fact that you don't agree with his choice to watch the closest thing he can to the theatrical versions. I prefer the original versions mostly, though the SE's have some things I appreciate. However disproportionate you think it is to have a preferred version, it is obviously more disproportionate to disregard that person's wider point as a result. And it's frankly unreasonable to expect that on a Star Wars forum, you won't encounter people whose preferred version differs from your own. It makes much more sense to take that as read rather than making a point of dismissing their point as a result.

5. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    My sentiments exactly...say what you want about the PT's execution, etc., but watching the OT (especially ESB and ROTJ) after watching ROTS, there was much more of a tragic feel around Vader, and Anakin finally returning and destroying the Emperor for the love of his son was made even that much more powerful. I can only hope that the ST will have as much of a profound impact when re-watching the OT. I get the feeling with all the emphasis on the "Bespin Saber" and other elements, it will.

6. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015
    I just hope the ST is good. I hope there's a solid story connection, not just the characters, a lightsaber, and a mask. If it can live up to the greatness of ESB and RotS, I'll be super happy.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  7. RobShanti

RobShanti Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2009
    Damn you, Greg, for making me choke up!
    [​IMG]

8. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Next year we're getting a direct prequel to AHN so I guess the Prequels are now just Episode I-III :confused:

9. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014

Exactly! They make some of the battles and planets look more realistic.

HugoWanKenobi likes this.
  10. SoloBrothers

SoloBrothers Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2013
    I'm the opposite. Given the political situation in America at the moment, We are very much living out the prequels, rocketing towards the dark future the OT represents

11. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    As much as I love the entire Saga and my Blu-rays, I definitely think they should be updated again to fit today's CGI standards. And revert a couple things back to how they originally were.

12. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    A sequel to the prequels... or a prequel to the originals, which themselves are now prequels to the sequels

An inter-quel...

My head hurts

13. IG-13

IG-13 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 13, 2005
    Good post and I agree. My OT 'changed' (for the better) after the PT.

Personally, I am excited. Let's give this new generation the exposure.

14. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012

yeah my eyes glossed over the part where you said prequels to the sequels.

15. clonewars-fan

clonewars-fan Jedi Youngling

Oct 16, 2015
    I no doubt think it will be affected

16. kyl-o-ren

kyl-o-ren Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2015
    yes, ep7 definitely affects how we see the OT

17. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Hire tho man! Well said.

18. Good Blaster

Good Blaster Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 18, 2015
    I can't read the original post because I'm avoiding the MSW spoilers. Nothing will ever effect the OT for me. It made me who I am today. Ever since I saw Luke and Leia swing across that pit I was in love.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.