main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Has your thoughts on the Jedi changed?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Cantina_Owner, Jul 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cantina_Owner

Cantina_Owner Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2003
    Since the new films, has your image of the Jedi changed?

I always felt the Jedi were noble knights, full of morals but I have to say, I agree with Dooku. Politics ultimately ruined everything the jedi stood for and it was because of the Jedi and their ways that the Senate could be destroyed. Dooku left because he felt politics ruined the order.
    Am I reading things wrong?
    I really felt I would always root for the Jedi, but the ones that left, I agree with some of their reasons (from reading the books and comics as well).
    "Different point of view"
    We have seen Jedis hide things or lie. Is this a good faith to follow?
    Just curious....

2. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Mine haven't. They aren't really corrupt, they just use their faith to aid a corrupt government. But what can they do? Stop serving the general populace because their government (their ONLY government) has become slightly corrupt?

3. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    My thoughts of the Jedi have changed. I always thought there would be a limited number, say about 200, roaming the galaxy doing their Jedi deeds, not 10,000 of them with a political system. I think it takes away some of the mysterious and religious feel to them. The fact that they are portrayed as so arrogant makes me feel less sorry for them that they are wiped out. If all the Jedi were like Yoda and Ben from the OT then it would be tragic.

4. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Remember that we are not seeing the Jedi at their peak; we are seeing them after they have become arrogant and complacent. At the core, they are still the noble peacekeepers that Obi-Wan told Luke about, but that nobility has been tainted by their close ties to the political system and the appearance that they serve the Republic and not justice in the abstract.

5. Project_Starscream

Project_Starscream Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 7, 2001
    "My thoughts of the Jedi have changed. I always thought there would be a limited number, say about 200, roaming the galaxy doing their Jedi deeds, not 10,000 of them"

The Jedi are a small number. 10,000 is very little compared to the number of people in the galaxy (a planet can have billions of people & we don't even know how many planets are in the Star Wars galaxy).

6. LordIsurus

LordIsurus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    My thoughts on the Jedi haven't changed too much. I always felt they were a sketchy bunch especially knowing the fibbing Obi-Wan does.

The prequals have only shed more light on who we're seeing as Jedi and the flaws inherited in their system.

Isurus the White

7. war_monger

war_monger Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 26, 2003
    for some reason i liked them better when i hadnt seen them. i do, however, ilke the sith better (mainly because fo maul)

8. thenink

thenink Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2002
    My preconceptions on the Jedi have changed. I know them now as not the "super" warrior bad-asses I once thought them to be. Now I know that they do have their own weaknesses and that they can be killed.

EAT KRISPY KREME'S! :D

9. KYP_DURRON85

KYP_DURRON85 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2003
    Yeap, my thoughts about jedis are more expanded. Jedis are cooler,they have shown what jedi can really do etc. In OT there was just old man and young not so learned boy.
    I mean bring on the jedi action!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.