main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hasbro 40th Anniversay Star Wars Figures/toys Announced

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Feb 9, 2017.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Hasbro's got some cool stuff coming for the 40th anniversary of Star Wars - it will include non-posable metal 3.75" figures and 6" figures w/ FX and cool bases and a new Monopoly.

Click HERE for more info!

3.75" - will be about $15 each

[​IMG]

6" - will be $50 each

[​IMG]

whostheBossk and Juke Skywalker like this.
  2. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    No 3.75 SA, no buy.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    No Fetts, so I'll probably pass on this.

4. Snax Rebo

Feb 1, 2017
    It's ridiculous they refuse to give collectors 3.75'' SA figures for the 40th anniversary. Now we get 0POA.

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    They're metal - not standard figures, they're meant to be more like the Unleashed line of figures that are/were already pre-posed.

I'm quite sure that other posable figures are coming - these are just a new line that was announced.

LAJ_FETT - I don't know if Fett will be coming if they're focusing on ANH. But it's possible he might be in the 6" line.

6. Snax Rebo

Feb 1, 2017
    I get that, but literally who asked for these? We could've gotten something along the lines of the 30th collection, but nah. More stuff that will end up on clearance within the next year.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'd buy a 6-inch Fett if I liked the look.

8. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, those 6" figures definitely evoke the old Unleashed line. I'm not terribly excited by these particular offerings, but those 3 3/4" metal figures might be tempting if they look good in person.

I'll be curious to see what else Hasbro trots out at Toy Fare next weekend.

9. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I'll for sure get the Darth Vader.....no so sure about any of the others, have to see what they look like in person.

10. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    These look decent, but not sure I need them. I would have preferred to have seen more "Unleashed" figures - now, that was a great line.

11. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I'm surprised the Unleashed line hasn't made a comeback. The line came and went and then all of a sudden it took off on the secondary market and prices soared. Not sure if they ever leveled off or dropped. But I think that was an indication that the desire by collectors was there. Like The Black Series 6", it acts as a nice in between for collectors who want something on a larger scale and more detailed than 3 3/4" figures, but at a lower price point than Sideshow and the like.

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah - I liked the Unleashed line as well. One of my first collectibles was the Jango/Boba Unleashed figure from AOTC.

whostheBossk likes this.
  13. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    I might get one or two, but at those prices......not many.

14. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Tying into the 40th anny, Hasbro's presentation at Toy Fair this weekend included a look at the vintage themed 40th anny Black Series line, and looks at new figures such as Lando, Jawa, Tusken Raider and Death Squad Commander.

*note the title of the video says "2016", but it's mislabeled.

whostheBossk likes this.
  15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Nice interview w/ the folks at Hasbro about the retro 6" black series line and the new metal figures

16. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Just pre ordered the Black Series 6' 40th Leia! Will look for others in stores....

17. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Does anyone know if the 40th Black Series has a set release date??

18. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    I don't think so. Spring is normally the main response but late March early April is very likely- Forbidden Planet has 28th March as the ship date in the UK.

whostheBossk and B99 like this.
  19. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    40th Figures popping up in stores yet??

20. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I saw on Rebelscum that the Legacy Pack w/Darth Vader has shown up @ Target. Didn't say where, though. Target.com shows Wave 1 as available for shipping 4/15, so that may be your target date, no pun intended.

B99 likes this.
  21. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I think I'm going to skip the Legacy pack cause the background piece is kinda useless to me, cause I won't be unboxing these figs.. Although I could use it for other figs, but eh..

22. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, and a $39.99 it's a tad more than I want to spend for a figure I already have (Though I don't think it's a straight re-release of the awful TBS Vader. Tweaked maybe?) and a cardboard background.

23. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Yeah, I think he is improved from the first!

24. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    The Vader is all new, modelled on his ANH (and I guess Rebels) appearance.

Not sure if many are aware but he will be rereleased later on (likely this year) in a standard TBS box. So if you didn't want the Legacy stand then you can skip it.

The other new figures are also being rereleased at some point in the standard line- Jawa, Death Squad Commander.

I'm not sure if the Stormtrooper is a repack or a new figure.

25. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, I've since watched a couple of reviews on YouTube and he is indeed a new sculpt and is being quite well received. Having now seen side-by-sides, I can say he's a vast improvement over the first TBS Vader.