main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hasbro annnounces Forces of Destiny Adventure Figures

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Apr 13, 2017.

1. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I am looking forward to starting the hunt for these this weekend!

2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I was all set to start shopping tonight, but looks like the sets won't be out for a while yet, I want the sets more than the single doll.

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I believe the cartoons launched today - dolls should be coming in August

whostheBossk likes this.
  4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I just saw online that the Forces of Destiny dolls are hitting Target - they're tiered for pricing - single doll $19.99, doll w/ friend $24.99, more deluxe doll w/ friend/extra outfits $34.99 (Endor Leia/ Wicket.)

I know where I'll be going this weekend!

5. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    My local Target doesn't appear to have them in stock yet but the one two hours away does.

Toys R Us had two on the shelf this past Sunday and wouldn't let me buy them.

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Ding dongs why did they put them out if they won't let people buy them? If they're supposed to wait to put them out they should just wait.

wobbits likes this.
  7. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    I know! Corporate came through for me though yesterday and I scored 4 of the ones I wanted.

It looks like some Targets have been stocking and selling the Leia Endor set already. I am going to see if my local one puts it out this weekend since they appear to have them on hand.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    The dolls should be out tomorrow! I won't be able to buy any until the weekend though - freaking bills! Grrrrr.

9. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Hasbro has them up on their website to order. Leia/R2 set is sold out at the moment.

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Not shocking. I've been saying all along that they need a line like this - they're going to sell out.

cathiecat likes this.
  11. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    My son needed one more Community College course to complete his first two years before he can transfer to UofA. So I have a reprieve for a few months, as a result I bought Forces of Destiny Jyn, and two Reys yesterday, they did not have any Leia's or Ahsoka's in stock, Jason, who was in charge of them said they had not yet gotten any of those in, we did not pick up Sabine, not that I didn't like her but I just have limited myself for now to collecting Leia, Padme, Rey, Jyn, and Ahsoka, Anakin, and Luke figures. Though I do have the Shaak Ti and Barris Offee figures that came out several years ago Shaak is missing her head, I loaned it to a sculpter and he never returned it. Which thoroughly ticks me off, I have been without her head since 2006.

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Oh man, Shaak is post Jedi Temple massacre! :eek: I don't think Ahsoka was released in this batch, it's just Jyn, the 2 Reys, and Hoth & Endor Leia. I'm hoping to find them this weekend after I'm paid.

cathiecat likes this.
  13. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I am going to hit Target and Walmart today and see if I can find Leia. I could order Hoth Lei from ToysRus and pick her up in Phoenix, but a tank of gas to avoiid shipping is much more than $6 shipping fee to come to house. If I don't find Leia at the store today I am going to go ahead and order her.

I thought the Endor and the Hoth Leias were supposed to be 24.99. Walmart lists them as 55.00 and target 35.00. WTH

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Endor Leia is $34.99 and Hoth Leia is $24.99 I believe. Currently Endor Leia is supposed to be the most expensive of the group :confused:

15. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I ordered Hoth Leia today from TRU. She was $34 with tax and shipping. would have been a lot more if I had driven to Phoenix to pick it up at the store, now it will just come to my house.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Male collectors are out in force questioning the manhood of other male collectors for picking these up.

Seriously....girls have been playing w/ action figures for decades....

cathiecat likes this.
  17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I just ordered Endor Leia/Wicket from the Disney Online Store. It is my birthday this month so I got 25% off. so it rang up to $37 which is not much more than the full price, so even with shipping it worked out pretty good.

18. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    The whole overall response of male collectors to not only this line, but the cartoon shorts and the female lead characters is disturbing.

19. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    Chewie looks great. Almost as good as Greedo.
    [​IMG]

They really messed up Ruke though
    [​IMG]

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    The problem is that the toy companies for years haven't figured out that female fans have been out there all along. Why? Thanks to strong female leads! Star Wars is NOT a boy's club, it never has been. I look online and tons of girls are out there sharing their collections - which of course consist of figures because that's all that's been available. I'm thrilled to see that this line is taking off.

People also don't realize, Mattel's Monster High toy line nearly as many males and boys buy those dolls as girls. These dolls have a sort of similar size/look to them. I think they're going to have broad appeal.

wobbits likes this.
  21. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Yeah, I know the toy companies have a huge hand in this. It was pretty sad a little bit ago with the whole Rey figure being excluded from Monopoly and the company's reason behind it.

22. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Not to start an argument but the Monopoly thing should have been demonised for the other reason- only including 4 counters. The standard was/should be 8.

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    2 Endor Leias, Hoth Leia, and Rey/R2 on order from TRU.com. Now I need to hunt down the other 3 girls.

24. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I ordered Endor Leia online as well. The only figure I have not purchased so far is Sabine I like Sabine but I have to draw the line somewhere of which characters I will collect. My daughter said she was okay with no Sabine. So now I just have to keep an eye out for Ahsoka. I am tempted to do what you did and get another Endor Leia, in order to show with both outfits at the same time.

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I believe Ahsoka will be coming in October along w/ Padme, Chewie, and Luke. There likely will be other figures also w/ that batch - maybe some Ep VII ones?

I was thinking of passing on Sabine - I haven't watched Rebels, but I've picked up some Rebels stuff at thrift stores so it would be good to have her w/ the boys that I keep finding and picking up. I figure I'll eventually get around to watching them.

Jyn is sold out everywhere online.