main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hasbro annnounces Forces of Destiny Adventure Figures

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Apr 13, 2017.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Well I ordered Luke and Chewie at Hasbro- they had Leia/R2 listed but they weren't available to buy.

2. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Entertainment Earth had one Leia R2 ANH set in stock early this am.

I'm going to end up ordering Chewie from the Navy exchange website. It's a little cheaper for me there.

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Hasbro had a sale going on 22% off your entire order so I used that. Bought both Chewie and Luke down by a few dollars each. With the difference I threw in a Mighty Mugg and added it to my order and got free shipping.

They've got a code going where you can get 25% off one item right now there.

I ordered a second cheap Endor Leia set off of ebay. That will give me an extra doll and 2 extra Endor dresses. I'm thinking I'm going to reroot the doll to give her the long crimpy hair that's more screen accurate and then I think I have a couple of Vintage Leias w/ crappy hair that I can reroot. I don't know if the boots will fit her, if they do I can have one in the speeder chase outfit and one I can give long hair and put her in the Celebration outfit to sell.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    Scavenger Rey likes this.
  4. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    I had just looked at the Hasro site the other day and must have missed the sale announcement.

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    It wasn't up for very long. I snuck in and got it for the last few hours last night. Of course this means that whenever the hell I get more shelves I will now need to sort things to have a Dagobah shelf.

6. TheEvilQueen

TheEvilQueen Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2018
    Has anyone heard anything more about the Rey/Kylo set? And Ahsoka?

I've noticed my Walmart has clearanced all of the dolls out and they're gone now. There's no place them on the shelf after the reset. Apparently Meijer doesn't have a placement for them anymore, either (or so I was told last night). My Target still has some of the dolls left on clearance.

I'm wondering if many stores will even carry the new wave of figures at all, or if they're going to be limited to online or places like TRU, maybe?

7. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Ahsoka and the R/K set are only showing as pre order items on Entertainment Earth for a release sometime this month.

Padme is listed as a March 2018 pre order there as well.

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Ok so I got my Chewie and Luke/Yoda today - I'm head over heels in love w/ Chewie! I like him so much that I need to figure out how many more Chewies I could use in my displays and I might pick up a couple more.

[​IMG]

I looked over the early pre-production photos and they shrunk the size of the plastic mask around his face. I think it's an improvement, more fur makes him look better.

[​IMG]

Chewie is nice, he's jointed, has plastic feet and hands, the rest is furry. He stands completely on his own

[​IMG]

His Bandalier is all plastic, the pouch doesn't open which kind of sucks, but it looks good. It does slide off of his shoulder some though.

[​IMG]

Mine has a couple of glue spots on the top of his eyebrows that I need to trim away - otherwise I think he looks fantastic.

[​IMG]

Point of reference - last time we saw a cheap line furry Chewie - it was this crazy Kenner/Hasbro one from the 90's where he was poseable w/ wire as a body frame.

[​IMG]

LOL - FOD Chewie is MUCH Better looking

[​IMG]

9. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Thanks for the pics! His face does look better with the change. I can't wait for mine to get here.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Up next is Luke and Yoda.

I've just grown used to boy dolls w/ molded hair, they are better than poorly executed, styled rooted hair that's really hard to do w/ short doos. Mattel has finally mastered short hair but it's taken them literally decades to master it, so plastic hair is ok.

Accessory wise - Luke gets everything - blaster, belt, jacket, lightsaber. Yoda has his robe. My biggest beef is why didn't they give him a cane? That's a 2 cents piece of plastic?

[​IMG]

I like the back artwork, unfortunately you have to rip the back off to open them up so mine got obliterated.

[​IMG]

Luke and Yoda

[​IMG]

I like Luke, they've got his chin dimple, nice face mold. Nice emo hair.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jacket vecro's up. They did the push the tiny plastic piece into the holster thing to reclose the holster, so I didn't bother trying to unhook it.

[​IMG]

Luke does stand by himself

[​IMG]
    Yoda is little and cute

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Without his jacket Luke is training ready - and rather studly looking

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BookExogorth likes this.
  12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Group shot time!

Chewie and Luke/ Yoda

[​IMG]

Chewie, Luke, Hoth Leia, R2, Yoda

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Siblings

[​IMG]

The molded body thing kind of sucks but the figures all really display well and look great. I really hope that the line goes beyond this year.

[​IMG]

13. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    I love these photo shoots. I don't have any of the dolls, but they're very cute.

[face_laugh] at the Chewie comparison.

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I didn't really get into Clone Wars or Rebels, I'm enjoying this line because the cartoony-ness is a nice contrast to my ultra-realistic high end figures. These are fun and quirky and they display well. And they display well together. Which is why I'm hoping they'll give the line longer life and a chance to grow. I need a Han now.

I have rather a soft spot for the old goofy Chewie, he's so ridiculously silly looking it's hard not to love him :)

BookExogorth likes this.
  15. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    I think I might see if I could find a figure at Walmart. Chewie's just too adorable.

Edit: $30? Darn... Might wait a bit.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Shopdisney has a 25% off sale going on right now, you can order him online at a discount.

BookExogorth likes this.
  17. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Those pics are great! I am not sure how to post pics but I still haven't opened my Luke and Yoda yet.

18. TheEvilQueen

Jan 22, 2018
    I was happy to see the remaining FOD figures on display at Toyfair, while feeling no surprise that nothing new was shown. I fully expect these will be it.

19. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    They overloaded the market. Which they do everytime with figures of females.

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well the truth all of the dolls released this year Chewie, Luke/Yoda, Ahsoka, Padme, Kylo/Rey, and ANH Leia - that's the same number of figures/sets that they released last year. It feels like a full slate for releasing in a year. I think we had delays because they just went back and did some retooling on them. Take Chewie for example, the early prototypes were off, the release doll looks great. I still feel that we'll get the entry line dolls too - they're just retooling them and figuring out what to do about the accessory packs (there's been no official word that those are cancelled.)

The plus side I have a feeling Ahsoka will sell really well - even guys who somewhat poo-poo the line think she looks good. I've also seen them begrudgingly picking up and buying the Luke/Yoda set. Some who got the first batch cheap begrudgingly admitted that they ended up really liking them. Will they pay full price? I don't know. If Ahsoka is hot and very HTF everything can change on a dime.

If we want the line to continue, look for sales, but buy them as close as you can to full price. I know they're not cheap but some are only a few bucks more than the Black series and you get a much bigger figure for your buck. The line will continue if we buy the figures when they come out and make noise about loving them online. If people just wait for them to go on clearance, Hasbro will make no money on the line and it will die.

Shop.disney has a 25% off sale going on. I picked up the ANH Leia for $42. Keep looking for sales and get them when they first come out. My overall plan is I'm cutting back on other stuff - fewer 3 3/4" figures and even Black Series so I can make sure that I get all of these. They're not releasing them all at once this time which I think is smart. I'm hoping that strategy and maybe showing us a couple of new dolls (fingers crossed) at SDCC or D23 will show that they're going to keep the line going.

I think the back end of 2018-2019 is going to be Hasbro's year to catch up on stuff, fill in fan holes for figures that we've been wanting for a long time since they'll be a large gap between when Solo and Ep 9 comes out. We just need to keep making noise online that we want different characters. I'm hoping now for a Han Solo to go w/ Chewie. They did say that they were planning on more villains, I think if they can get more other than just Kylo out there the line will start crossing over and more people will start buying it. We just have to hang on and keep leading the cheerleading squad for it.

Hasbro has the Disney Princess line - they now know how popular that is, I think they can learn from it to keep this line expanded and going. They just need time. We need to use our voices and dollars to help give them the time they need to keep it growing.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I put up a blog post for the first time in eons - check it out HERE.

cathiecat likes this.
  22. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I thoroughly enjoyed reading it!! if it is okay I am going to share it, if I can figure out how.

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Of course go ahead!

cathiecat likes this.
  24. TheEvilQueen

Jan 22, 2018
    @PadmeLeiaJaina - I bought the first bunch right when they came out (I was lucky enough to get Rey/BB-8 and Leia/R2 early), and I'll for sure do the same for these.

Like you, I think Ahsoka will do extremely well.

I know the primary focus is female characters, but I would love to see an Anakin to go with her and Padme, a Han to go with the Leias and Chewie, and a Finn & Poe. I'd like a Hera, Rose, and even a Paige and Connix. I'd love to see basic dolls with clothing options, especially for characters like Padme.

But I've been in the collecting world for so long now in general, and it's never good when stuff goes on clearance so quickly like these did. I hope Hasbro takes the time to figure out they could improve sales and marketing and make them work as good as something like Superhero High, but I'm not hopeful.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  25. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    BBM I really dislike the way Anakin has been drawn in the FOD shorts. I would be really scared of what the doll version would look like. BUT I would probably end up getting him just because it's Anakin and he's so few and far between in merch at the moment.