main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hasbro annnounces Forces of Destiny Adventure Figures

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Apr 13, 2017.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Ok there's this weird misconception that the FOD dolls were massively marked down before ANYTHING else in the Hasbro line from last year. That's flat out WRONG. All of the other items that hit the shelves at the same time as the FOD dolls started getting discounted at the same time that they did - post-Xmas. The Black series centerpieces, the BS vehicles, and some other items like the BB-8 playset all started getting discounted at the exact same time (or before) as the FOD dolls which was beginning of this year, post-Christmas. Guys online just started crowing about it because THEY wanted the line to fail. The FOD line had a shelf life of about 6 months which is about normal for any toy line these days. I think it just seemed like the discounting was worse for the dolls because Hasbro released so many and they got reduced so low.

I would love a Paige/Rose 2 pack btw. Even if they did it just for the Disneystore or something of the sort I think it would be great. I want Finn this way also :)

I think he's fine, he'd probably end up looking more like Luke who I think looks great.

2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I agree about Anakin in the FOD short. I also would hope the actual doll would look more like Luke.

I would love more characters, but I think they need a much smaller amount per doll, not so few there are not enough to go round but just not quite so many. I am very curious to see how many this next wave has.

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Remember how I mentioned that I've noticed that guys who picked the first round up cheap seem more open to buying this line? Check out the comments from a thread today on one of the Facebook Star Wars feeds that I follow that showed up w/ a guy posting that he was glad to see the line didn't end and wants to know who everyone would like for Hasbro to make? Note all are from guys - including one who wants to hog them away from his 3 year old daughter. And last time I looked 18 likes - all guys.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  4. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Ahsoka and the Kylo/Rey set have now joined Padme as a March arrival on Entertainment Earth.

@PadmeLeiaJaina nice to see those guys asking for more of the female Jedi too!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    It seems horrible and sad until you realize it's March in like 2 days.

I got my Princess Leia & R2-D2 Premium Elite series giftset today. I scored them on sale at shopdisney over President's day weekend.

[​IMG]

Until I get a second one of these sets this is staying in box because I'm grooving on the packaging.

[​IMG]
    I like the Tantive corridor artwork but I also love the play acting photos on the back that they created for the doll. Doll comes w/ outfit, R2-D2, a stand (yes!), Leia's blaster and stormtrooper blaster.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From what I can tell the skirt is lined, I don't think the top is. Doll has a standard doll body, not molded plastic - yay! I think her boots come off, but I can't tell. I'm still hoping they come out w/ the cheaper version of her so we can have one to unpack. Another winner Leia!

I love the photos on the back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Scavenger Rey likes this.
  6. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    I got an email this morning from Entertainment Earth that the Kylo/Rey 2 pack was in stock/hot off the truck but they are now showing as Temporarily out of stock.

She looks awesome @PadmeLeiaJaina. I will probably keep mine in the package as well. The pictures on the back are really well done!

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Excellent news @wobbits should mean that w/i a couple of weeks they'll be all over online. I'm guessing Padme and Ahsoka won't be far behind either.

I'm also thinking that all of the small packs and the cheaper dolls are being held off for the second 1/2 of the year. We might get more than just the Leia and Rey they showed us. I can see them sending lots of the cheaper dolls to the retailers and keeping the more expensive ones online which is Ok, but I do hope some make it out to stores so they end up with little girls. I've heard that Chewie has been seen in stores, I'm sure Luke/Yoda will be coming soon.

8. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    I wish I could find Chewie around here. I keep holding off on ordering but it's taking forever to spot him in the wild! LOL

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I try not to goto big stores I spend WAY too much on nothing at them so I haven't seen him yet. Walmart has him online for sale on their site.

I was looking back in this thread they did a wonderful job of updating him. The early prototype is seriously insane looking. I put my stuff away last night, Chewie is currently chilling in my Han and Chewie glass cubical. I want another that can go w/ my TLJ Rey/Luke stuff.

10. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Ahsoka now has another pushed back release date on EE to April.

11. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    The Kylo Ren and Rey two pack is now listed as in stock at the Hasbro Toy shop website.

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    A guy in Asia on a board I follow on FB found both Padme and Ahsoka in the Phillipines so they're coming!!!!

wobbits likes this.
  13. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Anyone spot Padme or Ahsoka yet. Stateside

14. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Not yet.

EE still has Ahsoka pushed back to April and Padme for sometime this month. So far as I have been tracking they seem to show up on EE first then a day or two later end up on the Hasbro Toy website.

I did check this morning and they have completely removed the listings for Luke/Yoda and Kylo/Rey from the Hasbro shop.

15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Hasbro does that when they completely sell out of items. So that's actually a good thing, not bad. The K/R set is up on Walmart.com. They have the whole line except for Kylo/Rey up at Shopdisney.com... at full price, but at least you can get them all still there.

wobbits likes this.
  16. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    I completely forgot about looking for them on shopDisney. I usually only check there for the new Toybox figures.

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I always look there. I'd rather buy stuff from them than Walmart. Target hasn't gotten any of the new dolls up on their site :(

18. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Yeah, neither my local TRU or Target have ever had Chewie in stock. I hardly ever check Walmart- the ones here are very slow and unreliable for new stuff.

19. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Padme got pushed back to April over at EE.

20. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    that sucks, knew time was running out though

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Be pissed at Hasbro for producing their toys in Asia rather than here. If they were here the girls would've been out months ago.

22. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I am indeed

23. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Did anyone snag a Padme? Apparently she came in stock yesterday at some point at EE because she is now showing as temporarily out of stock. I never got an email alert.

24. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017

Amazon has Ahsoka not arriving til July- yikes. Padme shows as June 1 for them.

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I saw online that they're showing up in Asia. Must be some sort of distribution issue. (Welcome to why Hasbro should bring manufacturing back to the US...not to mention more jobs...etc.)