main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hasbro canceling pre-orders?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by MidnightRain, Jul 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MidnightRain

MidnightRain Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2003
    I just read this at jedidefender.com:

The Internet is abuzz with news that Hasbro has canceled all outstanding pre-orders from etailers for the latest Collection 2 Wave. This includes the first releases of Wat Tambor, Padme Wedding, Coleman Trebor and the second release of the Yoda and Padawans and Aayla Secura group of figures.

The word from Hasbro is this is due to SARS in Hong Kong, but didn't they just say at Comic Con it was because of retailers not ordering product? Something is screwy in Rhode Island.

As if we weren't having enough trouble finding these... :(

2. Orange_Sith

Orange_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2002
    oh man, the figures are sick?

3. MidnightRain

Jul 16, 2003
    oh man, the figures are sick?

LOL! Come to think of it, my Wedding Padme does look a bit pale... [face_laugh]

4. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Hasbro has canceled all outstanding pre-orders from etailers

Hasbro wouldn't be cancelling the orders, the online retailers themselves would be. Hasbro has no control over how those "etailers" handle their orders.

-----

Anyway...it doesn't matter...that wave has already shipped. It's already showing up in traditional retail stores (and many of us, including myself, have purchased toys from it).

It's possible SARS delayed shipping on some of the later produced cases...but even that that would just be a delay, not a cancellation.

Someone's making up stories.

5. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    Sounds like someone is just trying to stir up some rumors. So far this is the only site I've heard of that is even reporting such a thing. And it only seems to be centered around that NewForce Comics, or whatever.

I checked with Action Figure Express, where I have my case pre-ordered, and it says nothing about a cancellation. It does say that the estimated shipping date has been pushed back to October, but that is because the case has replaced two of the older figures with ones that have not been released yet.

And as far as a mail strike, which some people on that message board are talking about, that's also the first I've heard of that.

So, I think someone is just trying to play on our anxieties.

Just my humble opinion.

6. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    As if it weren't difficult enough to get new action figures, now we have to contend with respiratory problems.

7. JediJunkie247

Jul 24, 2002
    Breathe DS, breathe.

Oh, BTW, Hasbro does not even list any news of wave cancellations on their website.

Don't you think if it were the truth, they would have something on their site?

8. MidnightRain

Jul 16, 2003
    It's already showing up in traditional retail stores (and many of us, including myself, have purchased toys from it).

So have I, although this wave, for me anyway, has been harder to find in retail stores than some of the past waves.

And it only seems to be centered around that NewForce Comics, or whatever.

That's what I've been hearing -- hopefully it's isolated to NewForce and doesn't affect anyone else. :)

It does say that the estimated shipping date has been pushed back to October, but that is because the case has replaced two of the older figures with ones that have not been released yet.

Now this sounds a lot more likely than a cancellation. Perhaps the folks at JediDefender over-reacted? Although, I guess it could be construed as a "cancellation" if they're looking at it from the "It's not going to have the same figures as originally announced and isn't coming out on time" point of view.

And as far as a mail strike, which some people on that message board are talking about, that's also the first I've heard of that.

The mail strike, if it does indeed happen, is in Canada. I don't think that would affect Hasbro, just the Canadians who are used to ordering their figures online...that could prove rather headachy for Canadian collectors.

Hasbro does not even list any news of wave cancellations on their website.

That's a good sign. :)

9. JediJunkie247

Jul 24, 2002
    I'd say it's entirely possible that this is just a bunch of people over-reacting without finding out all the facts. As a former reporter, I have learned to check more than one source for information. I checked Hasbro, Action Figure Express (who I have this particular assortment ordered through) and Entertainment Earth. None of their sites list anything about a case cancellation. At most, they are delayed.

So, until I hear from one of them on the matter, particularly Hasbro, I wouldn't believe it.

10. finster_the_hutt

finster_the_hutt Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2003
    Some places must have received these waves already (Tambor, etc) because I've got em. I'm in Canada and had to get them through people in the US, but they are out there.
    Again, Hasbro has no control of what retailers order, everything is in the hands or the retailer, NOT hasbro.

11. Orange_Sith

Orange_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2002
    its figures that suffer the most from these diseases

12. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    I wonder what two figures were replaced in this wave. This wave was weird in the sense that Hasbro included one of each figure in it. Usually, they put two of each new figure. My guess is perhaps Aayla and Barriss got the boot, since they were the oldest figures in that wave, and were replaced with another Wat Tambor and Coleman Trebor. Or maybe they did away with the battle droid repaint? I guess we won't know until we find these waves. At least I got Wat, Coleman, and Padme' the first (and only) time I found this wave at Target.

13. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Just to clarify things that report is semi true the SARS caused delays the wave will not come out until October now. at least that's what I heard.

14. JediJunkie247

Jul 24, 2002
    I believe this is the case I have pre-ordered. If so, the figures replaced are the battle droid and Lama Su. Their spaces are being filled by WA-7 (waitress droid) and the nightclub alien. That is the word I got from Action Figure Express the other day.

15. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    I got most of this wave at retail just fine. I do feel kinda sick tho....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.