main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hasbro Toy Fair Images and News (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Abhors Elder, Feb 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    It sucks that Hasbro isn't letting the press into their Toy Fair showroom. I want to see more pics! The Jedi Council! And new Transformers! And GI Joe!

C'mon Hasbro....

2. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    That's a relief.

3. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    What's a relief?

4. Kung-Fu-Yoda

Kung-Fu-Yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    Contrary to popular belief, the green/yellow jedi starfighter is Anakin's...

1. R2 is not in it because, number one, R2 is Padmes, and number two, the astro droids in Jedi Starfighters are just attached heads, and hopefully you have noticed that R2 is more then just a head.

2. According to the novelazation, all Jedi use R4 droids in their starfighters, as you probably have noticed R2 is an R2 unit.

3. So, that means that this starfighter could be any jedi's right? Except what is the purpose of a pilot anakin, if he has nothing to pilot?

That is all

:)

-Yoda ;)

5. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Kung-Fu Yoda, while I agree with you completely on the R2 issue...there's some problems with the rest.

Contrary to popular belief, the green/yellow jedi starfighter is Anakin's...

From Hasbro:
    "Also available is the new ANAKIN SKYWALKER STARFIGHTER, a suped-up, maxed-out starfighter that Anakin has enhanced with firepower and speed...[snip]...and a new JEDI STARFIGHTER, first seen in the deleted scenes of the Episode II DVD."

Judging by the text Anakin's Starfighter will probably look a little different from the standard version, otherwise why describe it as "suped-up, maxed-out" if it's simply a different color.

Now, if you'll turn to your DVD for reference there are three or four teal Starfighters in the Hanger sequence. The most prominent is in the lower right-hand corner in the very first shot. They are identical to the Toy Fair Starfighter. The teal version is merely a "Clone Wars" paint deco, just like the Gunship, it is not Anakin's ship.

3. So, that means that this starfighter could be any jedi; right? Except what is the purpose of a pilot anakin, if he has nothing to pilot?

Once again looking at the same quote, there will be two Jedi Starfighters...one will be the teal version shown at Toy Fair, the other will be Anakin's Starfighter which has yet to be seen. The Pilot Anakin is for that unseen fighter.

That is all

6. Kung-Fu-Yoda

Sep 26, 2002
    I have to disagree I think that the fighter shown at toy fair is in fact Anakins, I think it will be similar on the outside, but with more misssles and things but you have your opinion an I have mine, and I really don't want to argue... :)

-Yoda ;)

7. E CHU TA!

E CHU TA! Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2000
    I have to agree with darcphoenyx. The press release is pretty clear: There will be 2 new Jedi starfighters - the one with the Salve I paintjob & Anakin's "suped-up" starfighter.

According to the novelazation, all Jedi use R4 droids in their starfighters, as you probably have noticed R2 is an R2 unit.

I was unaware of this. It seems that R2 will most likely not be on Anakin's ship after all.

8. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    If you look at the depth of the ship in that region, you will see that there isn't room for a full-up R2 unit, because the feet would dangle out of the bottom of the hull. The R4's they use are hard-wired into the ship. So the R4 is merely only the head and computer unit.

9. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

You guys mught want to turn on CNBC. They will be having Toy Fair coverage within the hour!!!

-saber holder

10. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    either way hasbro is offering one new ship the rest are repaints of ships we already have. that yoda doesnt make me excited at all is he a jedi or rambo? and that unleashed luke looks plain stupid he looks likes playing lightsaber hopscotch.

11. Kung-Fu-Yoda

Sep 26, 2002
    "is he a jedi or rambo?"

I belive the correct term is Ramboda...

-Yoda ;)

12. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Early lists contained a redecorated Starfighter ( guessing Slave 1 paintjob )
    but there`s also been quite a lot of lists
    having a Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive mentoned somewhere.
    So maybe Anakins Starfighter will come with a hyperdrive or maybe a hyperdrive that is fixed on the wings which would
    also be nice.

13. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Yeah that would be cool, but probably expensive :(

14. g-blatt

g-blatt Jedi Master star 2

Aug 5, 2002
    there's got to be more pics then that!!!!
    where's my classic ESB Slave1 and RTOJ Luke!!!!
    and most Importently Where is my Jar Jar with decapetating action :p

P.S. Wow Sithman, I diden't know you where making a Fanfilm, what's it about?

15. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    and most Importently Where is my Jar Jar with decapetating action

That one will have to wait until after I get my Shmi Skywalker with Head-Flopping Action!

16. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    No new pics= suckiness.

17. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    If Hasbro released that 2003 list a month or two ago, odds are they have prototypes of a lot of those figures and sets. It sucks that we're not seeing them.

Last year, Hasbro had a lot of problems with leaked images they didn't want coming out, and they've probably striken up deals with magazines like Toyfare to let them show the new stuff first.

Even in an off movie year, we're getting a few good vehicles though: the two new speeders, Genosian fighter, and the hailfire droid. Plus the repaints. And if you don't like the repaints, don't buy them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.