main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Hasbro's Be A Toy Contest at Takashimaya

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by JediJean, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Well, I'm sure Reno and rest will make a good decision on this. ;)

I'm doing it for the heck of it since I'm bored and the next time I will don my SW costumes after CosFest is hopefully almost every weekend from Nov till May(?). :p

Anyway, we should enter this competition in the name of Fun and......TOTAL CONQUEST AGAIN!!!! :D I know back in 2002, the Consolation Prize is stupid (I still got that kiddy truck under my window) but who would had thot people like Derrick will win? ;) And our members did grab the top 3 prizes and a buncha new jokes pop up from that day. :p

And think of this, who else will always be there to throw on our SW/LOTR/Matrix/HP costumes at the latest request? Other fans come and go or disappeared between movies or events BUT we will always be there to show that Singapore SW Costumes/Armor Makers are alive and kicking. :D

Like I said in my Ads for the 2002 SW Costumes Parade, It's either US with our almost accurate SW Costumes or the buncha American Kids in Ghetto Costumes. Heck! In one nite I can assemble and make a SW costume many times better than their! ;)

2. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Yeah those who are interested and have costumes should just go for it. If you don't try you'll never know. And if it's anything like the last time for AOTC, we may get to meet even more new people to join the Fanforce.

:)

3. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    I agree with DE and Jazz, we shud go. For the sake of our first love. Do or do not, there is no try... :p

4. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    Guess, i was lucky that day. But honestly i couldnt have done it without the advice you gave me on the costume and all the suggestions and stuff DE, You enlightened me :)
    Not to mention the many new friends such Yazid, and Kenneth we got to meet during that event.
    BTW i called Regina just now, she said it will be slightly shorter than 3 years ago, we just have to go on stage pose with the star wars backdrop and then take an instant picture. Which will be later given to us for sourvenir. And everybody that take part will get a free hasbro toy to take home as well. :)

5. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    sounds cool. i wonder if they have a akira kurosawa action figure for me to pose with LOL

6. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    You hope they have a WHAT to pose with?!??
    Excuse me, but this is Star Wars, dude!
    LOL! :p

7. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    u noe, the japanese director that inspired lucas for ANH, akira kurosawa. then i can come in my jap outfit, claiming to cosplay akira kurosawa. they cant dispute i tell u, lol

8. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    Hmm, If I am not wrong... The Movie Mania guys are there to take pictures, not to actually win the stuff. Yazid, please help me call man. Thanks.

9. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I sent your entry by E-Mail already Xeno. Will call up Regina to confirm mine and yours tomolo noon. ;)

10. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Thanks DE !!! Arigatou Gozaimaste !

11. lordtyranno

lordtyranno Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2003
    Hi All,

I was supposed to go up to KL this weekend and only last minute agreed to take part in this contest...

Ahem...certain people asked me to wear Vader and provide a few more MM SW characters for the event..

What we can do this Sat..is to have fun and enjoy the photo taking session....

Dun worry about now winning this contest...i tell u this incident...I was wearing a MM costume once and lost out to a guy wearing normal clothes but with a monkey mask....can u imagine how that feels? haha...much worse right?

I dun believe in contests actually...unless they are really professional.

So lets have fun tomoorrow and again in Sep for the bungalow...

Tyranno

12. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Thanks Reno! :) Like I said, just do it for fun lah! :p

Okay, latest news from Regina:
    There is about 10 contestants tomolo.
    Others who finally decide to enter the contest can do so before the contest start tho' chances of getting in is low.
    Cut story short, just throw on your SW Costumes/Armor and come. ;)

13. CoOLv1rus

CoOLv1rus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2003
    too bad mine aint even complete!!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/EllaStar/Collection/fullComposite.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/EllaStar/Collection/paintedfrntarmor.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/EllaStar/Collection/backplate.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/EllaStar/Collection/Jango2.jpg

14. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Woohoo, Reno you rock ! For old times sakes, for first love, do it for the fun of it ! Woohoo.

15. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Missing the Jumpsuit?

Hai.....this is one of the days I wish my 12" Maul Jumpsuit (I changed him into a German Airport Police Suit lah!) is human size instead as it's a great color for Jango's. ;)

16. CoOLv1rus

Apr 23, 2003
    muahahaha...maybe i should just try on the 12" jango's jumpsuit....could fit! haha..

anyway any one know where to get a jump suit similar to jango or not ah..was told army market have..haha..air force one?

17. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Ya, Army Market aka Golden Mile Food Centre is the place but I can't remember seeing that color. I hardly go there these days anyway and the only colors I remembered is Orange, Red and Dark Blue.

The other option is to tailor. If I do this particular costume, gonna get mine done that way with my Orange Jumpsuit as the reference.

18. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Dark Blue one works.

19. CoOLv1rus

Apr 23, 2003
    hmm..dark blue i think ok...but may i know why in the world would they sell jump suits there? last place I would think of!!

Oh yeah...Jango Gaunlets are a headache...I sourcing for one...

20. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    You order online ? May wanna check out Richies Armour.

21. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    CoolVirus... great to be able to chat with you earlier... with your permission, I've just passed your name and contact number to someone who might be able to help you out :)

Have fun putting together your Jango outfit, dude!

22. CoOLv1rus

Apr 23, 2003
    Xeno: hmm..they didnt seem to have it on thier site..i remembered they posted some pics..maybe i could email them to ask...those that they have are sweet!! but i fi dun rem wrongly..its would cost abt SGD$300 after shipping..and still got to work on it...

Jedijean: yeah ! Thnks!! u reminded me of tim!! haha...eh..put a Female fett la..then we can hunt together..lol

23. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Richies are great, just need to paint them. Good quality as well.

24. CoOLv1rus

Apr 23, 2003
    hmm..who is going down later??

*blink blink*

The forum seems empty during the morning...sigh..

Anyway, I'll be there!

25. Maayla_Mecura

Maayla_Mecura Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2005
    hahas....erm how was it......did any of u guys win anythin? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.