main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hasbro's license with Lucasfilm extended to 2018!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by royalguard96, Jan 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLord1968

SithLord1968 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 8, 2000
    My bet is that they will get back into making EU figures once Episode3's marketability dies down. Prince Xizor, anyone?

2. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Bushi, for that list I only counted Luke figures made since TPM...starting with the Comtech one. Just to compare it against the Maul/Jango list.

Plenty of other Luke's in the three years between '95 and '99 though...12 basic carded figures (POTF2 original, Dagobah, X-Wing Pilot, Jedi Knight, Storm Trooper, Shadows of the Empire, Hoth, Yavin Ceremony, Blastshield Helmet, Dark Empire, Bespin, Flashback).

Add to that at the very least 11 other figures (Desert Sport Skiff, Tauntaun, Speeder Bike, Death Star Escape CS, Final Jedi Duel CS, Gunner Station, Endor with Coin, Purchase of the Droids CS, Wampa, Rancor, "Complete Galaxy", and probably some I've missed.)

So, let's see that's 33+ Luke figures between '95 and '99...or 42 in 8 years. Compare this against Maul at 13 in 4 years and Jango at least 6 in 2 years (since I counted upcoming '03 figures, but there could be more).

Overall Averages:
    Luke Skywalker - 5.25 figures (or more) per year
    ...but dropping to 2.25 per year post-TPM
    Darth Maul - 3.25 figures per year
    Jango Fett - 3 figures (or more) per year

3. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    SithLord1968,
    They had a Xizor in the SOTE line. Of course with Hasbro, there is nothing wrong with a re-release or 20.

4. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Originally posted by Mara_Jade_Fan:
    I wish Kenner had never let the licensing go... what is the story with that anyway? Does anyone know why Lucasfilm switched from Kenner to Hasbro?

MJF, what basically happened is that Kenner is one of many companies swallowed up by the corporate juggernaut that is Hasbro.
    They also, BTW, swallowed up Galoob, as well. Which is why the new Action Fleet vehicles might actually have the Hasbro name on them.
    But yeah, Hasbro swallowed up Kenner, Galoob, and various other toy companies. They've created a virtual monopoly for themselves by acquiring a lot of their competitors.
    Most of the POTF2 line was actually made by Hasbro, but on some of the packaging, they still used the Kenner brand name. But these days, they've completely phased out the Kenner name. Kenner has now been completely integrated into Hasbro. Any remaining Kenner designers are now just part of the larger Hasbro team.

5. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I wish Galoob would have never joined
    Hasbro..... :(
    Think of all the prequel Micro Machines
    we won`t see!!!!
    I hope Hasbro will bring out new ones betwen 2005 and 2018.
    They sure have time! ;)

6. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    what basically happened is that Kenner is one of many companies swallowed up by the corporate juggernaut that is Hasbro.

It's my fault! I'm sorry :( I bought too many Transformers during the 80s.

7. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    I think it is great news. Maybe we can get all the background aliens and jedi. All the well known imperials and rebels may soon be ours as well.

8. jango_joe

jango_joe Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2002
    Guys listen, I bet with the new Indy movie, and the DVD release that they will market them, action figurs!!!

9. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    "Darth Maul - 5 (Tatooine Cinema Scene, Sith Speeder, with Sith Infiltrator, Sith Attack Speeder, Masters of the Dark Side) "

When was the sith infiltrator made?

10. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    When was the sith infiltrator made?

The one he's referring to was part of the aborted "Trophy Assortment" in the Summer of 2000.

Maul came in his Tatooine robe with a little gray stand that held up a Micro Machines-sized Sith Infiltrator. They were most widely available at KB and even went on clearance for a while, right near the end of stuff appearing on TPM cards. I remember getting mine in Chicago in July of 2000.

11. AnakinMoonwalker

AnakinMoonwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2002
    "American Graffiti" figures? :D

12. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    There`ve been a few American Grafitti toys released last year.
    Revell models with figures.
    Still fun idea. Add some features too! ;)

13. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    "The one he's referring to was part of the aborted "Trophy Assortment" in the Summer of 2000. "

Right, right. I knew a regular 3.75 scale infiltrator was made so I was puzzled. Guess I should have just looked on my wall.

14. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    I wonder when we`ll see cancelled Trophy Collection Obi Wan and OOM-9.
    Afterall they already made the Trophy Droideka ( Saga Destroyer Droid ).

I would also like to see that
    Naboo Battfield version of Jar Jar that was planned to come with a base and a
    Destroyer Droid as well ( probably also the same mold as Trophy version ).

15. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    Billy_Dee_Binks makes a good point, Hasbro rarely seems to waste already designed figures, so we can probably expect to see the rest of the figures from the canceled Trophy Collection some time within the next few years. Perhaps as vehicle or accessory set pack ins, if not just as carded figures?

16. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    I could go without another young Obi-Wan (there's way too many) and another battle broid. But another Binks would be okay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.