main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Hasketting Palace! (Random bits of silliness and a place where tangents fit)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TheCrowbar, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    If it was Maggiano's (all I remember is that it was pretty expensive and really good, and Brad Dorif was eating outside), then there's one in Southdale in Minneapolis too...I had it for lunch once and it was very tasty.

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    That is what I meant to say. The restaurant that I wrote is the one right next to my apartment. I get them mixed up all the time.

3. TheCrowbar

TheCrowbar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2005
    APL- Come at thanksgiving AND for your 21st bday...
    I don't drink when i go to vegas or gamble, so i am a under 21 year olds dream.

All i know is i want to get away this thanksgiving, my brother is doing the dinner and he hates me, so i fear him poisoning my part of the bird... he is planning on deep frying it? It's like the newest bird preparation trend, it sounds strange to me.

4. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    What's funny is normally we do go there for thanksgiving..but work is hard to get away from. ya know?
    that's our busy time...christmas too...heathen passholders.

Hey SR, are you gonna make this a daily thing with your icon changing or what?

5. TheCrowbar

Apr 15, 2005
    Yeah seems SR and DH are on an icon role

6. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    I am so in love with Elensara's icon. I would give it all up for you, Leia![face_love]

7. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Nope, I'm sticking with this one for a while.

8. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I'll keep mine for a while also. He looks slightly menacing.

9. TheCrowbar

Apr 15, 2005
    Well yeah, he isn't supposed to appear cute and fuzzy

10. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Is Carrie Fisher jewish?

11. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    CB, there's another Lego Vader that looks cute but not fuzzy. This one almost looks like a bad a$$.

I don't know if Carrie is Jewish. I know her daughter does not go to a Jewish school. Does it matter?

12. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    No, it doesn't matter. I was just throwing out a question that was in my head at the time.

13. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Why don't I make more money?

14. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    MegaMillions is up to One Quarter of a Billion Dollars!!
    Maybe us bowlers can all pitch in $1 and we'll buy some numbers.

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    S'okay with me!

16. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    My foot hurts, will that affect my bowling?

17. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Oh, yeah, you guys are all bowling right now. Right on.

Hey I"ll be able to post again tomorrow...around 11 or so. heh. school ya know.

I love my new icon. It's also my background for my desktop.

18. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    We forgot to collect $1 for the Mega. Oh well.

19. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Anyone want to go see Corpse Bride at Loews Cineplex on 3rd Street (Santa Monica) at midnight (Thursday), or some time tomorrow (Friday)? Tim Burton + Danny Elfman + stop-motion animation + Harry Potter trailer = good times.

I just found out that the theater will have the movie this week (wider release of the movie is next week).

If we go to(night)morrow, we could hang out for food/drinks beforehand...Also, I don't think you can buy tix online, so if anyone wants, I can get your tix earlier ('cause it's not too far from school) and you can pay me back.
    :) :) :)

<Edited to clarify days...>

20. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    ES: I kinda wanna wait for it to come out then go a little later. sorry. maybe another movie.

So today I was so bored in class I manipulated a couple pictures. I figured I put the first on in here to show you what to do when you notice someone is Hasketting; just put this photo up.
    [image=http://lafanforce.com/Gallery/albums/APLs-Fotos/hasketted.sized.jpg]

heh, sorry DH. I thought it was funny. (thanks to britt who took the picture)
    I think that CB will LOVE this picture.

21. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Cute, APL. No, I've come to accept the term. Someday perhaps I will be in the dictionary.

Me and Frindle.

22. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I wanna go see Corpse Bride! BUT I can't commit to anything right now, plus my wife wants to see it too, but she's not here. Hmm.. I dunno.. ask me tomorrow (Friday). I definitely cannot go midnight tonight because I have to work tomorrow. I've given up on midnight shows. I'm too old and can't stay awake.

23. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Great pic!

I don't know what to wear for Halloween. I might just wear my dark Jedi garb. Yeah. Wow! Problem solved just like that!

24. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Would it be tomorrow (Friday) night, JR? I'm fine with waiting 'till tomorrow, I just want to see it sooner rather than later. :) I don't have school tomorrow, so if you can go earlier in the day, that'd be fine too. DH, you mentioned not being able to since it was midnight, but what about seeing it tomorrow (Friday) a bit earlier than that?

Anyone else interested? Plenty to do around there too, besides see movies.

25. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Tangent: I'm doing a little "science" experiment in preparation for full-time employment and a long commute: I'm seeing how long it takes my hair to dry naturally, and gauging how it looks. I'm hoping to save time in the styling-hair department, so I can sleep in a wee bit! The clock is ticking...I'm going to check how it looks after about one hour.

And yes I know what time it is now and that it's a bit late for having wet hair. What can I say? I was, um, busy today! [face_whistling]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.