main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hate Leads to Suffering - JA (Not a new story, I just finally found a title)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by greencat336, Aug 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artemis_Silverbow

Artemis_Silverbow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2001
    Well...that was evil and sadistic. So...great post! ;) And I'm also looking forward to a little Jedi payback [face_devil]

2. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    They will most likely be resuced soon. I really didn't plan much for this story except tormenting our boys. So, I've got to figure out the rescue, still.

What do you all think? Another round of torture before the rescue or just let Mace and Tahl get there? Democracy is a good thing!

Mush is my favorite part of these type of stories, but it is not my strongest skill. Here's what I came up with. Kinda a weak ending to this post, just sort of putters out, I think.

Anyway, Enjoy! And thanks for all the feedback!

Qui-Gon hurt. The leather lashes with their metal tips had torn the flesh, muscles and tendons of his back. His arms and shoulders would soon begin to protest being tied to the post above his head. The rag taped in his mouth to silence him was foul tasting. Yet, these were minor things next to the ache in his heart.

His padawan was curled on the floor of his cell. Bright red blood covered the teen?s back, sides and shoulders. The burned black of a blaster wound marked his left arm. If Qui-Gon?s back was torn, Obi-Wan?s was completely shredded. Worse, the wounds had been self inflicted to prevent his master from being whipped further. From the holovid that allowed Qui-Gon to see his Padawan, he could hear the boy?s muffled sobbing. Qui-Gon could feel nothing from their training bond. Obi-Wan had blocked him out to avoid hearing his master?s demands that he not sacrifice himself.

Anger, anguish and pride mixed together in Qui-Gon. Anger at Vanson for seeking revenge against Qui-Gon through his Padawan. Anger at himself for not thinking of a way to escape that would not mean certain death for Obi-Wan. Anger at Obi-Wan for ignoring his direct order to not accept the punishment in his master?s place. It was this last that also brought about the feelings of anguish and pride.

Only sixteen, his Obi-Wan had acted with a bravery and selflessness that made Qui-Gon proud. The boy had stood firm as he endured the harsh torment, barely uttering a sound. He had waited until his captors left him alone before he allowed himself to collapse on the floor. To willingly sacrifice himself for another . . . to willingly place himself in harms way so that another would not suffer. His Padawan was truly a Jedi.

Even the young one?s disobedience gave him a strange sense of pride. Qui-Gon had ignored enough rules to do what he thought was the right thing that he could sympathize with the peculiar courage it took to defy a respected authority and stand up for what one thought was the correct action. It would not do to tell his Padawan that, though.

Qui-Gon took several deep breaths, finding his center. He released his anger into the Force, seeking its healing energies to reduce the throbbing in his back.

Calm now, the Jedi Master reached over the training bond to his Padawan. Qui-Gon could push through the youth?s shields, but he preferred not to. He placed a gentle, insistent pressure against his Obi-Wan?s shields.

Over the holovid, Qui-Gon saw his Padawan shift into the kneeling position he meditated in. Mangled back straight, eyes closed, Obi-Wan took several deep breaths of his own, then lowered his shields to his master.

Qui-Gon could sense the pain and the fear his Padawan sought to conceal from him, with far less skill than Qui-Gon was using to conceal his own pain. There was anxiety about the expected reprimand. Shame at the tears shed during and after his ordeal, was present. But there was no regret for the decision to injure himself rather than allow his master to continue to be tortured. Before any words were sent, Qui-Gon allowed the pride and love he felt for his Obi-Wan to flow over the bond. He felt Obi-Wan return that love.

<I am sorry, Master> Obi-Wan sent.

<For what?> asked Qui-Gon. It was a serious question, not a way to deflect the other?s apology.

<Many things. I am sorry I was careless enough to get captured and cause your imprisonment. I am sorry that I have been unable to maintain a Jedi?s stoicism

3. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Oooo... OUCH! His back was shredded... I am wincing with sympathetic pain...

More soon please! :D

4. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    One more dip in the bacta tank, one more round of torture, and then they can be rescued...maybe.

5. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    LOL Jane!!!

Sweet GC! Another post soon please :D

6. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    can you say ouch ouch ouch ouch

post soon :)

7. Red_Forever

Red_Forever Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2001
    OUCH!!! Ugh, Greencat, We are all so twisted. I can't believe what a good writer you are, and I can't believe I feel so oddly attracted to reading this [face_mischief] [face_devil] Up!!!

8. Senni_Arava

Senni_Arava Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    <takes a calming breath.>
    Hi. My name's Senni, and I...I'm an obi-torture and angst freak. It's been about a year now, and I can't stop reading it.... I know it's sick, but I just can't stop....
    <sits down>

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Greencat, excellent posts!! I love the deviousness of Vanson placing Obi in bacta to heal him only to be able to prolong the torture. And it would be worse torture on Qui-Gon's part to think his apprentice would endure more to save his Master!!

10. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    That post was so sweet, greencat!! It was extremely touching to see the care between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon!!!! :_|

*rubs hands together and grins deviously* So what's the next type of torture? ;)

11. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    Okay - now I'm caught up! And OUCH!!!! Poor Obi and Qui!!!!!! BIG OUCH!!!!! :eek:

Hot Oil?!?!?!?!?!?! *shudders*

Great posts, Greencat! :D

12. Sarah_K

Sarah_K Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001

I'm speechless.

Sarah >^,,^<

13. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    *starts yelling and screeming and cringing and twisting around and slamming doors and kicking computer monitors...*

READER TORTURE! Not fair! We're all having to suffer :_|

Great post, poor Obi! :_|

14. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    ACK!!! I missed a post! [face_shocked]

Yeah, Yoda had better find them soon....who know's what GC will come up with next!!

15. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Well, that does it. I am depressed. Those last two posts were just so emotional. So depressing :_| So, sad.

Poor Obi :_|

16. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Thank you all for your comments. I'm delighted that you like what has been written so far.

Here's a short post, with a little Qui-abuse and alot of reader-torment ;)

It was a brutal sight. The arms of the tall, muscular man were bound to a post. The dried, crusted blood from the jagged slashes covering his back gave mute testimony of the hours that had passed. A gag was taped across his mouth. And yet . . . the man?s face was a study in serene peacefulness. His breath was slow, deep and even.

Eyes closed, Qui-Gon mediated. He acknowledged the pain that wracked his body. Accepted it and then moved past it. The Dark anger and fear that swirled within him was examined and released. Gently, his mind touched that of his young Padawan. Like a protective parent would tuck a quilt around the body of his hurt child, the older Jedi wrapped comforting love around the boy?s spirit. Obi-Wan, deep within his healing trance, sighed contentedly.

Sending his awareness outward, Qui-Gon began to search. The Living Force sang to him of the many lives that filled the world around him. Sentient and non-sentient, animal and plant, Light and Dark. Qui-Gon reached out further, into the quietness of space. Distant planets, radiant with the glory of their own life covered surfaces shone within his Force sight. Fragile metal craft, carrying beings through the vast emptiness between planets glimmered like widely scattered fireflies in the night.

Within one of these ships hurtling through the vacuum, Qui-Gon found at last what he had been questing for. He felt the presence of two that also reached outwards through the Force, searching.

A whisper, carried on an ethereal wind from across a great distance. Images and emotion more than actual words, <Qui-Gon, my friend?>

<Mace. Tahl. We need you.>

<We come. Guide us.>

Qui-Gon began to pull back, slowly. Allowing the others to follow the insubstantial path to his material being. Closer and closer, the way was mapped. The world on which they were being held sparkled like a blue-green jewel in the minds of the three meditating Jedi. In a few heartbeats, the exact location would be revealed.

White hot pain filled him. The connection with Mace and Tahl was burned away. Qui-Gon?s eyes flew open with the shock of his abrupt return to physical world. From behind the gag, a muffled cry escaped.

Vanson stood a few feet away from him to avoid being hit by the liquid being thrown onto the Jedi Master?s mangled back.

?Enough,? Vanson ordered. ?It seem we once more have the attention of our guest.?

17. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Well, at least Mace and Tahl are closer then they were..............so it looks like some more torture's coming in the next post GC, what have you got planned for the boys huh? :confused:

18. Artemis_Silverbow

Artemis_Silverbow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2001
    Reader-torture is right! :mad: But then, I've noticed many Obi-torture fics leave readers hanging at the end of each post. It seems to be characteristic of the sub-genre ;)

19. Sarah_K

Sarah_K Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    Does this mean more torture? :D

MORE!

Sarah >^,,^<

20. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Oooohhhh...cool...I LIKE it!

Can't wait for another post!! :D

Torture...ooooohhhh [face_devil]

21. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    *chants* Torture torture torture! We want torture! Torture of any kind! Yeah yeah! T-O-R-T-U-R-E that's how we spell torture! Yeah! ;) Great job Greenious Catious! I loved it! :) Now let's get to the torture [face_devil]

22. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    I see more torture's on the way. ;) I love the description of Qui-Gon reaching out through the Force and leading Mace and Tahl back to him. I hope they were able to get a better idea of where they are.

23. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Bad, evil, despicable Vanson!!! Interrupting Qui-Gon's meditation just as his rescuers were about to find exactly where he was!!!

Superb post greencat!!! :) :) :)

24. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Sighs, atleast Mace and Tahl are gettiing closer!!!!!! :D

25. Maija Darklighter

Maija Darklighter Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2000
    Ouchie! Hot oil, thats pretty creative idea on how to torture Obi. :D Wich gave me a pretty good idea on how to to torture palpy!

*insane laughter*

Jeez if my parent saw what knd of person I turned into they will defently have an heartattack!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.