main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Haters Solved

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Pyrogenic, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Pyrogenic I need a thread from you every week, you avant garde GOAT.

2. Sith_Smuggler

Sith_Smuggler Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2016
    Every time this OP posts:

[​IMG]

3. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    Deliveranze and Antpocalypse like this.
  4. Antpocalypse

Antpocalypse Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 26, 2016
  5. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005

I've no idea.

6. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    No guys. GOAT is an acronym that stands for GREATEST OF ALL TIME. :D LOL

Antpocalypse and Pyrogenic like this.
  7. Too-Gon Onbourbon

Too-Gon Onbourbon Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 23, 2016
    So the Vogans have poetry about Star Wars?

8. Pyrogenic

Pyrogenic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2006
    There is something I wanted to say that no one had said before. It’s a little bit tricky to get people to do something collectively. If you want to know the secret, you have to put a lot of work and a lot of effort into interpreting art. There are ways of seeing the world that some people aren’t prepared for. “How now brown cow?” Does anyone ever actually dissect the meaning of a sentence? There are examples of sentences all throughout literature that have remained un-understood. Some people think that if you choose one sentence to live by, you are being too strict. But what if that sentence encapsulated everything? What if every sentence encapsulated everything? There is a method to seeing how the world functions as an artwork. There are misunderstandings abound, but they all lead to the final, correct understanding. If you take a bucket and put it on your head and walk around, you’re going to be in big trouble. There is a way to understand the world so that everything seems like a new discovery. Who actually told you what to believe? What if you actually followed a set of beliefs that were not your own? Everyone is inherently doing this, but what if you could reasonably select these beliefs? Everyone is given a crash course in life, but some people have trouble. Now that we’re beginning to move, try to understand one thing. There is no consciousness. All the material in the world is representing itself. Your mind is not generating thoughts. The world is sending thoughts into your mind. It’s sort of intuitive, but people aren’t normally taught this. People like to take ownership over ideas. When somebody talks about everyone being a part of one mind, they are actually saying that everyone’s mind comes from one source. That source is the universe. What is truly fascinating is that the concept of isolation is profoundly true. There are vast distances between matters in the universe. Imagine two stars colliding. It doesn’t normally happen. What if each star in the night sky was a point of view? This is fairly matter-of-fact, but so be it. Now, when someone tells you that something isn’t true, how does that make you feel? The world is a competition to see who can collect the most conceptual stars. I have a few, and they are really, really beautiful ones. Most people don’t even get one. That is the honest truth. There are two very important stars – ideas – that everyone needs to know about. The first one is that everything is text. The second one is that everything is speech. Now, they don’t completely overlap, but they overlap with everything but the other idea. This is what makes them special. There is something unique about each thing in the same way that senses are distinct. Free association can go only so far in discovering these ideas. Some of them are inherently logical. The important thing is that each one will readily stand out to such an extent that it is impossible to un-see. Again, some people aren’t ready for these ideas. The process I am using right now to write is more spatial than material. The big problem is that human beings are limited in how many of these ideas they are capable of understanding. There are two main secret ones, but there should be more. They are like tools for accessing information. Cinema covers sight and sound. These are the domains that each star is located. What is something that you can see besides what is commonly understood as a symbol? Everyone has one of the stars built into their consciousness, but they don’t normally think of it as something special. Have you ever seen a smiley face in a random pattern? This is a star, and it’s a visual one. You can see a wide variety of faces, and this is where constellations come from. What if you could see an entirely, newly fleshed out image in another image? What if you took film grain or digital noise and constructed something completely new? Why does this seem impossible? It’s because the image being shown is a huge distraction. There is probably some way to isolate the grain or noise, but most people don’t have access to it. When you describe an image, are you describing the concepts or the actual texture of the image? A picture is worth a thousand words. There is something that lets you be very creative. It is a huge secret. Invent new words. This is how every single shot in a movie is created. What you do is take a new word, and then think about what it could mean, and whatever pops into your head, you show. Do this a few thousand times and you have a movie. Barfa. I thought of someone throwing up and then immediately doing a backflip. That’s one of the shots. It’s OK to discard some, but what you really need is a bunch of new words to think about. Luckily, there are infinite combinations of letters that allow for this. How does any word ever conjure an image anyway? It doesn’t matter if it is commonly accepted. It still conjures an image. Try another one. Solsh. It is someone wading through a bog with a sword in his hand. You may have thought of something different. Let’s get back to the main point of this essay. How can anyone know what to think? The key is that there are tricks for solving this great mystery. Objects can appear in front of other objects, so you have to move them out of the way to see what’s behind. Imagine you are in a movie scene, and then turn around. Your mind projects what would exist. You can explore a flat image in three dimensions, conceptually with your mind’s eye. Your third eye is what you can see with when you aren’t looking at anything, but sometimes it can be hard for it to generate content. What is that ray of light shining in your eye? You can see it, but it’s technically clear. What is a black hole? Is it clear or black? This is a very cool idea that I have thought about a lot. Space is clear, but it is also black. Have you ever noticed this? Clear is black. If space is lit by stars, and there are colors, why is space clear and black? There are probably scientific explanations for this, but just think about it intuitively. What if everything was fake? What if the fact that clear is black…is a mistake? But how could it be a mistake? It’s technically nothing. What if the entire universe was just matter and nothing could move? Imagine the universe was a big brick that was sculpted. What if something destroyed a huge amount of matter in the distant past? Maybe not destroyed, but removed. Did matter appear out of nothing, or did nothing get removed from matter? It’s a weird thought. It’s like a sculpture, but it always changes and moves. What if all the matter we see and touch was actually removed from another place and put into a void? It might as well be that. Let’s change the subject because this is a little bit worrisome. Why? The reason is because we are inside a black hole. Everyone needs to wonder about this. It makes sense at the level of language. Space is a hole. Space is black. Sorry to burst everyone’s bubble, but we are not getting out of this place through ordinary means. This is the most groundbreaking thought that is relevant at this stage in history, or maybe it's not. We are inside a black hole. Whoa. That would explain so much. We are in a thing that also exists within that thing. This is why things make sense and don’t make sense at the same time. It is a paradox. It is contradictory. We are inside clear black. We are inside a star, a very big one that exploded in a big bang and then collapsed so that not even light could escape. That’s why it’s clear and black at the same time. It’s mind-boggling how this must be the case. What about the other stars in our universe? Well, that’s just it. We are inside a star or black hole that contained the idea of emulating everything. That’s my hypothesis. That’s why we can’t find the master for all the copies. It’s clear black, and it’s missing. What if someone was outside, trying to save us from this nightmare that isn’t really too bad? What if someone extracted identical copies of each thing in this place and put them somewhere that was vague white? That would be great, but a little…boring? There is no way to express this idea. How far can you go before you give up? What that means is, what can you do before you die? This is a great essay topic. What in the world is the best thing? All of the things are technically equal. I’m going to take a little break to suggest something. The horizon. Every object has a horizon. Size matters not. What a strange, strange discovery. I’m musing at the moment. You can tell me where to go, and I will do it the best that I can. A giant smiley face appears, for example. Why does that register as human? You decide. Basically, I want to explain something that is very true to life, but also very fantastical. There is a method that allows people to express themselves in a way that is not normally possible. Ideas can come from everywhere, and dismissing them is not an easy thing. True belief in something greater than oneself is essential for understanding reality as is. It isn’t necessarily spiritual or religious. There is something odd about people playing with ideas without ever actually using any of them. This is an old-fashioned way of looking at art that is no longer applicable. When someone decides that they are going to make an artistic choice, what are they actually doing? It’s simple or complex in that it depends on if you’re looking at the whole or the parts. It’s an idea that I will never forget because it’s essential to my development. Can anyone ever understand what a motion picture is conveying when there are millions of pieces involved? I have an idea that means that everyone can make a movie. Some people die. This is something that isn’t always expressed, but when it is, people become uncomfortable. Is there something that people need to know more than anything else? I am opening up a world of possibilities to people and I hope they understand this. There is something magical about the world that needs to be captured in motion pictures. Who actually understands what is happening when a spaceship flies by the screen? The beautiful thing about The Phantom Menace is that it gives people something totally unexpected to ruminate about. Whoever truly gets this movie is going to become very aware of the fact that it was intentionally made to annoy certain people and to please a select group. If you actually take a step back and consider how much work, how many people, how much time, how many components, how much money, and how many humanistic forces went into making this movie a reality, you realize that nothing in it is accidental. It’s not as if it were a slip of the tongue. It’s quite literally the opposite of that. It is a nexus of information that can enlighten or conceal depending on what sort of person is feeding it information. If you took any one piece from it out of context and sent it to someone as a message, it would change everything about that particular moment. Now, if someone wants to believe that George Lucas had no idea what he was doing, that’s their prerogative. But, if one actually gets what it’s like to be George Lucas, something changes. It’s about empathy for the smallest of details. There are specks of information spurting out of every frame in this movie. Just bask in it for once instead of criticizing it, heathens! There is a fog of reason that conceals the nature of reality from those who want to reject beauty in principle. Is there anything in this movie that is fine to the arrogant critic? No. But what about that one pixel right there? You know which one I’m talking about. It’s essential. Any little difference alters the nexus of meaning. Something strange happens to people who watch this movie. They become obsessed with it. There is so much going on, but the movie itself accounts for almost any reaction one can have to it. Have you ever wondered why the battle droids are perfect? What I mean to say is that they don’t speak very much and they do their jobs. Notice that. What if battle droids were a metaphor for people who like battle droids? That doesn’t compute? They are innocent. Nothing in the world could ever upset them. Shifting gears, what about Queen Amidala’s decoy? Is she even aware of what is happening? It’s OK to ask questions that you don’t know the answers to. Why are the Trade Federation ships boring and ugly? Who says that Nute Gunray is a racial caricature? He’s an alien. Why is it that no one wants to look at each leaf on one of the trees that gets knocked down in the forest? It’s as if it weren’t a part of the movie to be dissected or analyzed. Let’s talk about something. Who in their right mind actually thinks that this isn’t the most aesthetically accomplished works of cinema ever made? Every single movie since has been trying to copy it, with varying levels of success. It’s not the only source of inspiration, of course, but hasn’t anyone else noticed that almost everything from Avatar to The Last Airbender, from The Matrix Trilogy to The Hobbit Trilogy, from just about any mainstream, big-budget production to the most abstract art film, is really just a diluted version of The Phantom Menace? In all seriousness, and without hyperbole, the attacks against it in the popular media must have been funded by George Lucas himself as a social experiment to see if people would believe it. This man knows everything about the inner workings of consciousness and he displays this repeatedly. Have you ever heard of The Pokémon Master? Of course you have. It’s the movie that all the movies keep hinting at existing, except it hasn’t been made yet. The same goes with Dinotopia. Jar Jar Binks? Charizard Bix. It’s all so obvious that it goes without saying. Of course there will be a live-action Pokémon movie someday. It’s called The Pokémon Master. Everyone in Hollywood knows this. What will they think of next? Well, everything. It’s all much more calculated than the average person thinks, and not just to make money, but to mean certain things. Who thinks that spending one hundred fifty million dollars on a whim is a good idea? No one does that. I have heard that George Lucas surrounded himself with “yes men.” Those yes men made all the artistic choices. Think about it. George Lucas is the actual yes man. And he doesn’t always say yes. This is basic intuition working here. There is no way to anticipate which movie is a hit? Is this a joke? There are movies that are designed to be failures so that people who think that bandwagons are good will be duped into thinking they have a say in what will happen next. There is a strange combination of forces at work in Star Wars, and one of them is greed. Some people want everything to be exactly a certain way. Well, too bad. When someone has power, all that means is that they have an audience. They don’t actually own the power. It’s abstract. It’s wispy. Who could have guessed that The Phantom Menace would be considered the worst movie ever made by, let’s be honest, the worst group of people? Is there a problem with saying this out loud? What are they going to do? Hate something more? Good for them, but not really. Those fans are spiteful, arrogant philistines who are part of a tiny horde that thinks they are special because they are somehow rebelling from loving a great piece of art. Enough about them, more about this movie. As all of it unfolds, something becomes apparent. A particularly astute interpreter has already figured this out, but yours truly will say it again. This is the last Star Wars movie. That’s why there’s that Darth Vader breathing sound effect at the end of the credits. The movies are a countdown to episode zero. They are meant to be watched backwards. Who will get to make episode zero? Well…that’s a topic for another day. I would love to, but I would also love an enormous think tank to make it absolutely perfect. This is the silliest thing. The Tragedy of Darth Vader is actually A Comedy by Anakin Skywalker. Is there anything that will save this fanbase from eating itself alive? Look at how many things there are in the world. This movie is a miracle. It even has goo to step in. I don’t know how much further one can go. It is a piece of art in that it is special down to even its knowledge of itself. Who could make this movie better? An incarnate deity? It has an elegance and charm that is unrivaled. I want to talk about something very specific now. What is that giant blue droid behind Anakin in Watto’s shop doing? Exactly. Nothing in this movie makes any sense. Just like reality. I feel like there is something missing in the movie, and it drives me to want more of it. It is a goofy, bumbling, clunky mess. Look at that guy pulling the levers. Absolutely brilliant. I’ve got a question for everybody. Why do so many people ignore everything about a movie except for its plot? Do they even know what a plot is? It’s such a nebulous bore that I can’t believe it’s what hangs some people up. It is so purposeful. What is going on with this thing? I don’t know where to go from here. Somebody help. I think what I’m trying to say is that there are situations that need to be expressed, and The Phantom Menace hits a big one right on the nose. Do you really think we’re going to get out of this debacle? Oh, I hope so. Star Wars is not for the faint of heart. It has a phantom as well as a menace. Look at all that stuff on-screen. What a sublime practical joke.

9. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    Truly, this is something I have explained many times and talked to others about but never quite could right out this much text and articulate my points.

Brotha Pyro, you are the one who sees for what it is. #TheOneTruePyro

El Jedi Colombiano and Pyrogenic like this.
  10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    If I back away about four feet from my computer screen and squint, I think I can make out one of those hidden 3D pictures in this.

11. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015

This post alone makes this thread a certified classic! ALL HAIL LORD PYRO!

earlchinna and Pyrogenic like this.
  12. AprilMayJune

AprilMayJune Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2015
    So true.

Also, wow.

earlchinna, Huttese 101 and Pyrogenic like this.
  13. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    Adam Driver would make a perfect Gary/Blue in The Pokémon Master. He sure hit it out of the park with Kylo. He even looks like a rival.

Pyrogenic likes this.
  14. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013

15. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    [​IMG]

Too GOAT....

Darkslayer and Antpocalypse like this.
  16. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    I often wondered what reading "the handbook for the recently deceased" from Beetlejuice would be like....you know the book that reads like "stereo instructions"

now I know :p

Pyrogenic and AprilMayJune like this.
  17. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Clever script.

Pyrogenic likes this.
  18. Antpocalypse

Jan 26, 2016
    Pyrogenic got me like..

[​IMG]

(I'll get back to you with a real reply once I'm done reading that, if ever...:_| )

Deliveranze and Pyrogenic like this.
  19. Evening Star

Evening Star Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I died [face_rofl]

20. Pyrogenic

Nov 17, 2006
    SEISMIC CHARGES
    [​IMG]

Evening Star, Ezon Pin, Sepra and 2 others like this.
  21. Antpocalypse

Jan 26, 2016

[​IMG]

Evening Star and Pyrogenic like this.
  22. Pyrogenic

Nov 17, 2006
    [​IMG]

earlchinna, Ezon Pin and Antpocalypse like this.
  23. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    This is the next album cover for when Radiohead reimagines the John Williams Star Wars themes.

And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

24. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Blassic.

Pyrogenic likes this.
  25. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015

Ahhh Radiohead....Such a good band.

Karma police and fake plastic trees FTW!

Sepra likes this.