main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Hating Humans One at a Time: The Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Eeth-my-Koth, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I don't know... maybe it's a little bit rude, but I really don't think so. The gift is for the kid, not the person giving it. If I received that email, I'd probably just go with a gift card. I wouldn't really be offended by it.

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    And you'll have to find a new meth supplier :(

heels1785 and Darth Tunes like this.
  4. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
  5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  6. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    I think what's stupid is the police didn't have the balls to stand up to girl and say absolutely not. Of course if I was one of the bystanders I would be hurling all sorts of insults at the woman for doing it.

7. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-...ther-tries-to-access-raised-donations/6479346

First, he and his wife have twins from a surrogate mother in Thailand. One has down syndrome and the other doesn't, so he keeps the healthy one and abandons the one with down syndrome. That was more than enough already to get into this thread. Now he's trying to access the money a charity raised for the child he abandoned. It's as if he's trying to be evil.

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  9. Hank Hill

Hank Hill Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2013
  10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I hate humans more and more everyday.

11. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    Juliet, think of it this way, if a non profit has an army of volunteers and all the top people are paid the same as a ceo. How exactly are they helping out the people they say are.

I am looking at you Komen foundation.

And the governor of NY actually tried to stop NY from giving to non profits that have CEOs with higher salaries then him. Bastards took him to court and we lost.

12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  13. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
  14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah it's all over various news media today. Shaking my head in sadness.

15. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    Wow, if this was Christmas it wouldn't be disgusting it would be normal.

Way to go Indiana, you are now the Arkansas of the rust belt.

16. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
  17. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Just saw a Facebook chain post about Bobbie Middleton (share for prayers). Obviously people sharing this probably don't know who the kid in the picture is but went along with it anyway.

Re-reading his story though, has filled me with hate and pure dread for my own children. People suck.

18. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    That was horrific. Utterly horrific. :(

Reminds me of the Facebook post where they had taken someone's daughter's photo (she was in a casket) and posted it around saying "this little angel was murdered by her father!",
    In reality the poor girl had a rare genetic disease. She had only passed a couple of months prior, which made it even worse. The mum was begging them to stop in the comments . She posted links to her daughter's special update page (proving the girl had been fighting an illness for more than a year), but everyone was calling her horrible names for not protecting her daughter from her husband. And the things they called her husband. She said her husband was even getting death threats. Yet on the update page, he was so obviously distraught over his daughter's death and had been writing posts for the history of the page. He had been by her side almost the entire time.

It was sickening. Just imagining staying up day and night to care for such a sick child, going into massive debt, having her pass away, and then getting insulted so brutally by a fake Facebook post...especially being sent death threats and being blamed for not protecting your daughter...it was absolutely heartbreaking.

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  20. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Congrats to Chris Froom for winning the Tour de France. The spectators have been throwing bottles of piss at him throughout the race. Good job his jersey was yellow.

Darth Tunes likes this.
  21. Jedi with a TARDIS

Jedi with a TARDIS Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 4, 2013
    "Love" the social justice advocates who still use the "dumb redneck" "stupid South" insults. Seen a couple on this thread already. Guess what, stereotyping is STILL stereotyping. Knock it off!

I love most of my relatives, but sometimes they just don't get it. My parents, sister, and I have had to use SNAP for a while now. My mom and I have been trying to get jobs for two years and we've had to use my granddad's jerry-rigged van to get around. We live in kinda the boonies so gas money is a concern. Meanwhile, our relatives give us outdated and half-***ed advice about "go to the manager and give them your resume in person". Thanks, if we were still in the 70's that advice might have been useful! Meanwhile, they sit and judge my Dad who's in physical pain every day from working heavy construction jobs most of his life, so much so that he has to rely on disability assistance. Oh, these are also relatives who were born into or married into rich families and go to debutante balls at the country club. I don't know if they actually know what they're doing, but it really doesn't matter. Whether they're actual jack***es or just that clueless, I really hate feeling like the Fanny Price of the family.

22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I feel like I say this a lot but I guess it bears repeating since I don't think I've said it in this particular thread.

Born and raised in North Carolina, and most of the time I still think it's damn funny when someone talks about stupid people in the South. I don't take it personally. Maybe it's a "you have to laugh or you'll cry" coping mechanism to deal with how bat**** ****ing stupid my state representatives have been, particularly in the past few years.

Normally I cannot stand stereotyping and think it's a tool for idiots, but we don't do ourselves any favors by saying 'Stop calling Southerners stupid! But leave my guns and grits and Confederate flags alone!' The two best ways to fight off stereotypes are a lot of LOLz and defying them.

Anyway...on topic for the thread...yeah, meddlesome people who won't mind their own damn business are worth hating. And if you aren't borrowing money from them directly, your situation is none of their damn business.

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  24. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    Juliet316 likes this.
  25. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Juliet316 likes this.