main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Haunted { A Roguish Halloween Story]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Abeja, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abeja

Abeja Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Title: Haunted
    Author: Abeja
    Timeframe: EU
    Genres:Angst, Mystery, a little bit AU
    Keywords: Rogue, ghosts ,bartender
    Characters: A Rogue- telling the name would spoil the surprise^^
    Summary: A bartender and his reflections.
    Notes: It's a bit of a Halloween story.
    Disclaimer: I don't own anything of the Star Wars universe- this story was merely written for entertainment:)

2. Abeja

Abeja Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Haunted

?The golden fountain? it said on the front sign.
    Who had placed it there, or when it had been placed there, no one could say.
    It was simply there.
    Some smiled at it, shook their heads, thinking it ridiculous that the barkeeper made it a daily ritual to clean the sign, straightening it .
    ?It?s far too dark down here. No one ever sees the sign, man, except when you go outside with this ridiculous little lamp of yours. It?s laughable, man.?
    ?It ain?t? the bartender said in that slow drawl of the Outer Rim population. ?It ain?t.?
    He always said that, even if it was: Everything was dark, here down in the lower areas of Coruscant.
    They were used to his answer, they just laughed and ordered another drink.
    Just another drink. The bartender knew them all, by heart, could do the movements when asleep: Whyren?s Reserve, Lum, Alderaanian ale, Tatooine Cocktails?
    Shake them, and open them, not too slow, not too quick, gotta look dignified, pour them in the glasses. Another drink.
    As long as they were paying, he didn?t mind. He gave them whatever they ordered.

If anyone had ever asked, what he thought of his bar patrons, he would have given it long thought.
    Then- if the one, who had asked, still cared for an answer, the bartender would have answered.
    Slow and meticulous, he would have answered.
    ?There are different kinds of patrons? he would say.
    ?There are the Melancholiacs. They order their drink and sit in the corner. Brooding.
    They?re troubled. They drink, but not too much. So much, that they can still feel their pain,you know? They hold on to that pain for dear life. It?s what defines them- their misery.
    They are afraid to let go, afraid of living without that pain. Afraid of life. They are often here.?
    He would make a pause, regarding the blue smoke, that always seemed to hang in the air, no matter how often he cleaned the place.

?Then there are the Angered ones. They drink quickly, not enjoying their drinks. When they talk, their voices are like water: quick, careless, unstoppable.
    They drink, pay and go. They don?t come again. A night in a bar, drinking your anger away- they only do it once, then there are somwhere else again, getting in new fights, getting anew frustrated over the silliness of life.?
    The barkeeper would make another pause, letting the listener watch him.
    ?There are also the Forgotten ones. They are forgotten by the rest of the world, but they haven?t forgotten the rest of the world. They come here to forget. But it never works- and it never will.?
    Then the bartender would fall silent again, and the questioner would fall silent, stand up, push his stool back- it would make scraping sounds, they always made scraping sounds- and then he would close the door and go back in his life, thinking about the barkeeper?s words.

But no one ever asked and he never spoke, he just listened.
    He stood there and listened to the people, cleaning dirty glasses with an equally dirty rag.
    He remembered, what the people told him. It was his hobbie, collecting stories.
    He collected them, like other people collected pebbles or jewelry.
    The stories were his gems, which the people gave to him, every evening myriads of them were added to his collection, and he stuffed them in his pockets.
    But no matter how small these gems were, even small pebbles can sink a boat, when there are too much of them.
    And no matter how small and insignificant the stories, there were a lot of them, and so it was no wonder, that he was a bit more gaunt over the course of the years, that his back was a little more bent, and that the shadows under his eyes were a bit darker.

It cost him more of an effort to go out every day and clean the sign ?Golden Fountain?.
    And it was one of the nights, when it had gotten especially bad, that he first saw the man.
    The man wasn?t young anymore. He looked, as if he had been young in the year 0 BBY, and that had been long ago, ages, in which the universe had been turned more than once.
    The bartender looked him over. The man wore finer clothing, dark slacks and a c

3. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    :_| Oh my--that was just heartbreakingly beautiful!

Bravo! =D=

4. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    =D= So sad, but a wonderful story. I enjoyed reading it and I especially like the way you described their friendship, they were really like brothers. But I like the whole story :)

It's Wedge, who was there in the bar, wasn't he? I feel very sorry for Wes and Hobbie, I think one of them alone is... Losing a twin or something like that and feeling guilty makes it just more worse.

5. Rosa-Belle

Rosa-Belle Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2007
    =D=
    You did it!

:_|:_|
    You killed our fab four...

Wonderful heartbreaking story, so sad.
    And the descriptions of the four, their friendship perfectly fitting!
    really...this is..just..haaaach

And Cem, really, that was Hobbie not Wedge in the bar....or not8-}

6. Abeja

Abeja Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Jade_Pilot: Thank you! I am glad, that you enjoyed it! :)
    Cem_Fel: Yes- they were like brothers in a way. But you're wrong and Rosa is right: it was Hobbs [face_love] in the bar, not Wedge^^...Perhaps it wasn't so clear from my writing and I guess, the brown eyes were really a sign for Wedge...I think it would be interesting to know, if Hobbie actually has brown eyes or blue ones...Wookieepedia told me brown and I believed them^^
    Tausend Dank fuer das Review! [face_dancing]
    Rosa: Why are you clapping...when I just killed them? :p...But I told you, I eventually would and you have to admit that the story isn't that evil. I didn't make any of the four kill the others. I am so glad, that you liked it- that makes me happy:D. And you definitely got that right- I was relieved that you recognized Hobbie...[:D]

7. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    [face_blush] Okay, I thought first, it has to be Hobbie. Just because... well, fits him in some way. But after reading brown eyes, I was confused and thought it has to be Wedge :p Actually I never thought about his eye color, if I'm honest... [face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.