main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~~Haunted By Secrets~~ (Creepy sort of JA/AU :)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by SiriGallia, Aug 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi-wannabe_1138

obi-wannabe_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2002
    I'm just gonna bump this and while I'm at it I think I'll mention that I know a gorgeous piece of Celtic music that goes remarkably well with this story for some reason. Eagerly awaiting more!

2. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    Uppers!

And ooooo! Celtic? Which song might that be?

3. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    PadmeLeiaJaina: You do??? ;)

obi-wannabe_1138: [face_blush] Wow! Thank you! I'm glad you're liking it! I just LOVE to write so I'm always encouraged by such positive feedback :) Yeah, what Celtic song? *leans forward eagerly* I like Celtic music :D

Seven: Thanx! Yeah, I don't like Bruck either, I wonder why... :p Lulabees?

Obaona: Oh! I'm sorry you're not feeling well :( I hope you get better soon! Glad you liked the post!

Siri_Z: Thanx!!! Yeah, I tend to like fight scenes too...wonder what's wrong with us ;)

PadawanKitara: I agree! Listen to her Obi-Wan! :D (though 'better him than me' sounds good too ;) )

Sorry this is a little late, but I was at my friend's house watching ALL SIX Pride and Prejudice videos soo..... ;)

~*~Chapter 2: Part 2~*~

The Will of a Stubborn Boy

The whole next morning, Obi-Wan tried to ignore the memory of the man in Ine'Zar's house. He enjoyed his friend's company, and by the mid day meal none of them could remember the happenings of the previous day. Bant, Garen and Reeft got their food and sat down, Obi-Wan found himself grabbing twice as much food as usual. When he sat down next to Bant, she giggled into her napkin.

"Are you thinking there is going to be a famine?" She teased. Obi-Wan realized how much food he had served himself and laughed too, but his mind was suddenly back with the man, and how starved he looked. Obi-Wan laughed at a joke Garen had made, then in an spontaneous decision, he shoved half his meal into his travel pack, he also grabbed a canteen of water and put it in his pack.

"I'm going to take a walk." Obi-Wan said, hoping against hope that no one would ask to come, but Reeft was telling a suspenseful story, and Bant simply nodded.

Obi-Wan turned his back on the students and started up the hill. Gauging by the time on his chrono, Ine'Zar had left two minutes ago, Obi-Wan ran down the hill into the dirt path, he could only hope Ine'Zar had really gone, and pushed into the old building. Knowing what would meet him at the end seemed to lessen Obi-Wan's fear of the opening hall, still fear lingered.

He made his steps as quiet as possible but when he entered the large shadowy chamber, suddenly his steps seemed to echo everywhere in the silent room and he felt his fear rise in him. However with it rose a certain amount of determination. Kait had always told him that something made every child of her's difficult, Obi-Wan, she said, had always been too determined, and far too stubborn. Maybe that would help him here.

He could hear the quiet clank of the chains, but he tried to ignore it as he set down his pack on the floor.

At that moment, the man stepped into the light, Obi-Wan felt terror rush through him, but his trembling steadied and he lifted his chin to meet the man's gaze.

"What are you doing here?" The man demanded in the same gravely tone.

"I--" Obi-Wan stopped.

///Why had he come?///

He shrugged. "I wanted somewhere quiet to eat my noon meal." The man looked very surprised.

"You were here yesterday." He said suddenly. Obi-Wan was none too surprised himself.

"Yes," he said slowly. "I was."

"Get out!" The man said sternly. Obi-Wan felt all the feeling leave him, but with all the will he could manage, he shook his head, reassuring himself that the chains that held the man would prevent this prisoner from hurting him.

"No," Obi-Wan said steadily. "This isn't your building is it?" He asked quickly.

The man's eyes flared. "Get out!"

Obi-Wan shook his head. "I already said no, I won't bother you." He added sitting down on the musty floor and opening his sack. The man was shocked, and though no feeling showed on his face, Obi-Wan could sense the surprise. But the man's shock was short-lived; he jumped at Obi-Wan grabbing his wrists. Obviously Obi-Wan hadn't gauged the length of the chain very well, he felt all his determination drain away and fear replaced it once again, he had no id

4. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    (O) (O)

||

______

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Hee hee! OB1 is a pain in the butt! [face_laugh] What a nice boyscout he is - sharing his food w/ the deranged, starved Jedi.

Great post- keep it up.

6. Seven

Jul 20, 2000
    Where is Obi when you REALLY need him!?

Come on Obi! Get him OUTTA THAR!

7. obi-wannabe_1138

Jul 31, 2002
    WOW, what an AWESOME post! That's my sweet, darling lil Obi..... It was so creepy at the end too, I can't wait to see what's happening.... Love how you're not telling us just yet, just giving little hints. And (by the way I'm a total Celtic junkie) the song is actually a medley. It's done by Haunted Kenban and the pieces are Blue Hills of Antrim, Lady MacQuillian's Lament and Longships of Dunluce. The middle one is the one that really fits this story. Real spooky, you can even hear the wind blowing the fallen leaves through the graveyard. ;)

8. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    The music sounds great.

I'm beginning to wonder if this jedi is really crazy, or do people just want him to think he is?

9. Siri_Z

Siri_Z Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2002
    AH!

Grea so far! Gotta post more soon.. please? See i asked nicely... :D

Till Later~
    Siri

10. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Upping this. Take your time writing the next bit Siri only.... Please try to get it out soon! (talk about mixed messages)

11. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Jacen200015: Nice face ;)

PadmeLeiaJaina: Yeah! Isn't he just the sweetest kid?! I don't think he's getting appreciated though ;)

Seven: Ha ha! Yeah you listen Obi-Wan!

obi-wannabe_1138: Thank you! Wow! That's a great list of compliments ;) I'm glad you like that I'm not giving away everything because some people think that's annoying! Oh, I've never heard of them. Do you know where I could find internet samples of their music?

PadawanKitara: *hums innocnetly* Hmmmhmmhmm you never know ;)

Siri_Z: Oh well, since you asked nicely :p

Wild_Huntress: HI! Welcome to my world...don't worry it's not as scary as it looks ;) Thanks for adding me to your WUL by the way :) Okay, here's another post!

~*~Chapter 3~*~

The Secrets Keeper

Obi-Wan couldn't wait until the noon meal, he was anxious to get back to the man, he still didn't know why he was so intent on it, but he was and nothing could stop him. At the noon meal he gathered up as much food as he could, he had left his pack so he was using a cushion case. He told the others he was going on a walk again.

"We'll come!" Garen said instantly. Obi-Wan's heart sank. Bant's eyes searched his, and she turned to Garen.

"But I wanted to show you that Silver Stroke."

Garen brightened. "Oh yeah, I still wanted to see that." Garen started over to the lake with Reeft, Bant turned to him.

"Where are you going?" She asked. Obi-Wan's relief fell away again.

"I-I just wanted to walk around--" He didn't want to lie to Bant.

///But how could he tell her?///

"Bant!" Reeft called, her eyes lingered on Obi-Wan's face for a moment longer, then Bant turned to run after the other two.

Obi-Wan's mind was on his friends all the way to Ine'Zar's house, he watched as the crooked old man walked down the dirt path and into the distance, and even as he walked down the opening hall he was thinking about Bant.

When he entered the man didn't even bother to get up.

"Why did you come back?" He asked suddenly.

Obi-Wan grinned. "I forgot my pack." He moved across the floor and dropped the cushion case where his pack was and slung his pack over his shoulder. He wanted to say something, but couldn't think of anything to say, and when the man said nothing either, Obi-Wan turned away and started for the door, he was surprised when the man's voice stopped him.

"You're the only one who has come back."

Obi-Wan turned. "What?" The man didn't speak for a long moment, then he continued.

"Thousands, millions of children come in here on dares, like I'm assuming you did. I make them wallow in the silence, I come into the light with my gnarled appearance and demand what they're doing here, then tell them to get out. And they always run, like you did..." He trailed off. "But I never see them again, this is the third time I've seen you." Obi-Wan felt a smile tug at his mouth. "Why did you come back?" He asked again. Obi-Wan shook his head.

"I don't know, I-I came at first because a boy dared me to, like you said. But after that, I just felt--"

"Sorry for me?" The man gritted out. "I have no room for pity, I care only about myself and I expect others to do the same."

"That's not how the people I know feel." Obi-Wan whispered.

"Then the people you know are fools. You trust someone, you grow to care what happens to them and the next thing you know, they die." The words were so harsh, so forceful, that Obi-Wan flinched.

"That's no way to see a relationship."

"You wouldn't know boy, there is no way you could know what it means to have your world ripped out from under you, don't pretend you do." Obi-Wan nodded and turned towards the door, the man turned away from him.

"Obi-Wan." Obi-Wan said suddenly.

"What?" The man looked up.

"You called me, boy," Obi-Wan said with a wry laugh. "My name is Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan Kenobi." The man nodded. Obi-Wan stood in the door way, waiting. The man said nothing. Obi-Wan sighed and w

12. Siri_Z

Jun 16, 2002
    OOO thats good!

So if i ask nicely again will u post more soon?

Please?! :D

Till Later~
    Siri

13. Seven

Jul 20, 2000
    Wonderful post........

WOuld it be to much to ask for more soon?

As in ten minutes from now, as in ten seconds from now, you know what forget that!

I want some more NOW!

But I'll wait. More soon please?

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    (Bounces merrily around) I was right the Jedi was Qui-Gon! Hee hee! Good post!

15. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    [face_shocked] Don't mind me, I've just standing here in wonder.

More soon SiriGallia!!

16. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Ah ha- it is Qui-Gon :)

But I always worry when an author starts humming and staring blankly at the ceiling when I ask a question... You're up to something SiriGallia :D

17. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Now I'm really wondering what's going on! If Qui-Gon is a Jedi in this (and I'm assuming he is) why haven't other Jedi come to rescue him? Why has he seen only children? :confused:

Great posts - I just caught up again. :) Baffling, but enjoyable. ;) 8-} :)

18. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    (claps hands) Splendid, utterly splendid!!! I just can't wait to see how this plays out.... And I want to know what happened to poor Qui to make him like this..... Oooh I love this story!

19. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Siri_Z: Oh sure! ;) Glad you still like it! :)

Seven: Okay sure now ;) RIGHT now as a matter of fact!

PadmeLeiaJaina: *watches her bounce* Congradulations! :D

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi: Thanks! Glad you like it! :)

PadawanKitara: *stares blankly at the ceiling* Up to something? ;)

Obaona: *laughs* Thank you! I'm sure everything will be explained in time...I'm pretty sure ;)

Wild_Huntress: Thanx! Glad you're liking it! :D

~*~Chapter 3: Part 2~*~

The Secrets Keeper

Obi-Wan came the next day to see Qui-Gon, this time he didn't have to lie or tell anyone where he was going, he just went, everyone else was swimming, and no one saw him go.

When he reached the chamber where Qui-Gon was being held, he felt a sudden sense that surprised him. He wasn't scared at all. Not of anything, Qui-Gon didn't frighten him, the hall no longer seemed spooky, and the eerie shaft of light even looked slightly cheerful. Qui-Gon, however, was not cheerful, but Obi-Wan wasn't surprised.

For a long time Qui-Gon ate and Obi-Wan talked, Qui-Gon would occasionally speak a couple words, but for the most part he kept silent, the day before Obi-Wan had the severe feeling he was talking to the wall, but today he felt a little more comfortable with Qui-Gon's silence.

"You seem to know much about the Jedi Masters that come to the Temple." Qui-Gon said suddenly.

Obi-Wan nodded. "Yes, I do,"

"Do you know of one named..." He trailed off as if he didn't want to say it. "Tahl." He finally whispered. Obi-Wan didn't answer right away, he was watching Qui-Gon, his sharp blue eyes probed Obi-Wan's searching for reassurance, it was a look Obi-Wan had never seen on the prisoner's face. Finally he nodded.

"Yes, I know Tahl, not very well." He added. "She's...she's always been a little quiet." Obi-Wan shrugged. "She doesn't like to go on missions, she keeps to herself. She always has a look, I don't know, like she's waiting for something." Obi-Wan stared intently at Qui-Gon, waiting for him to say something, but Qui-Gon only nodded.

Obi-Wan was surprised, the Jedi asked more questions after that, and before Obi-Wan knew it he was bursting into long stories about Yoda and Mace Windu and Adi Gallia, and other Jedi Qui-Gon had known, but Qui-Gon never told Obi-Wan about his past, he left his story of what had brought him there strictly out, and Tahl was never brought up again.

Obi-Wan was sure he'd been talking for hours, Qui-Gon was joining in the talk more and more, though still keeping a stony reserve in place. Obi-Wan was just explaining about Bruck when he suddenly realized something. He glanced at the floor, it had gone completely dark; he hadn't noticed. He looked up at the ceiling and saw stars through the small slit. His eyes widened.

"I have to go." He said quickly.

Qui-Gon didn't *ever* touch Obi-Wan, and hadn't ever let the boy touch him, the only time Qui-Gon had touched him was when he had grabbed him by the wrists the second day, but all of a sudden Qui-Gon was on his feet, he grabbed Obi-Wan around the waist and pulled him back from the door. Obi-Wan was shocked. "Wha--"

"Don't try to leave." Qui-Gon commanded sternly.

"I *have* to." Obi-Wan protested, more than a little frightened at Qui-Gon's reaction. "I'm going to get it as it is."

"No!" Qui-Gon snapped, but his eyes suddenly turned away from Obi-Wan. "You'd never survive the Labyrinth."

"The what?"

"I think it would be best if you stayed here the night." Obi-Wan didn't argue, he wanted to, but something in Qui-Gon's eyes told him he'd never win. He simply nodded and pulled away to a corner. He watched Qui-Gon, usually the Jedi sat all the time, but now he was on his feet, alert and waiting.

///Waiting for what?///

Suddenly every sound, every creak and every moan of wind overhead sounded ominous and forbidding. Obi-Wan shrunk against the wall longing for the feeling of security.

Then he heard it

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    :eek: :eek:

Well that was scary! Poor Qui-Gon! What a good Padawan Obi-Wan is.

Anxiously awaiting more :D

21. obi-wannabe_1138

Jul 31, 2002
    Wow.... I'm speechless over how good this is! WOw is all I can say!

22. Siri_Z

Jun 16, 2002
    :eek:

Wow... go Obi! Help him!

But the question is... what r they trying to get from Qui?? Something to ponder till the next post..

Till Later~
    Siri

23. Seven

Jul 20, 2000
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

What?

MORE!

~My reaction to this post!

24. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Ohhhhhhhhhhh

25. Sarah_K

Sarah_K Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    PadmeLeiaJaina: Oh good! I'm glad you found it scary ;) Yes Obi is a good boy. NOTICE HIM Qui-Gon! :p

obi-wannabe_1138: Thanx!! I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Siri_Z: *giggles insainly* Yes I wonder! ;)

Seven: *laughs* I hope you don't have any family members looking at you strangly!

PadawanKitara: ;)

Hey, why is everyone changing their icons? ;)

Sorry it took so long! I couldn't get on the computer yesterday!

Here we go:

~*~Chapter 4~*~

Trouble and Answers

In a few moments, the men entered, they threw Qui-Gon onto the stone floor, a surge of pain flew through Obi-Wan's slight link with Qui-Gon and he jerked, the men chained Qui-Gon up and Ine'Zar kicked him.

"This boy gives you hope does he?" He spat. "Well, he would run away from you and never return if he knew what you had done!" He leaned very close to Qui-Gon and hissed. "You'd better make sure that *boy* doesn't try anything funny, or you'll see another friend go down to the Secrets Keeper." At this Qui-Gon tried to lunge at Ine'Zar, Ine'Zar pulled back and Qui-Gon hit the ground. Ine'Zar laughed, cruelly. "I'd be careful Qui-Gon, it's dangerous to trust you, that boy doesn't know what he's gotten himself into." Ine'Zar left, the four men swiftly following. Qui-Gon clenched his fists as he sat against the wall. All was quiet, Obi-Wan knew that Qui-Gon could see him, he knew he could feel him. Inside Qui-Gon's mind he could feel Qui-Gon prying Obi-Wan off, Obi-Wan released his grasp on Qui-Gon's mind and almost instantly the pain faded from him. For a long time Obi-Wan was sure that Qui-Gon wasn't going to speak to him, so slowly he murmured.

"What was that?" Qui-Gon looked at him, his eyes shining in the darkness, he said nothing.

Qui-Gon's mind battled itself.

///Tell him.///

///No!///

///You have to tell him.///

///No! I won't, I can't.///

///You owe him an explanation.///

///No, he was the one who kept coming here, he was the one who didn't stay when I told him to!///

///He-deserves-to-know.///

Each word was slow and deliberate, and Qui-Gon finally realized that he was kidding himself that Obi-Wan shouldn't know. He slowly turned to Obi-Wan.

"It's called the Secrets Keeper." Qui-Gon quieted for a moment. "Thirteen years ago, the planet of Son'dion was attacked, a man, who nobody knew, had been attacking their security and forcing them to tell the codes to all their secure villages, they wanted a Jedi to come and protect them for a while, they thought that a Jedi would die before he would tell. And I would have Obi-Wan, I would have died before I told the Sondines' secrets. But when Ine'Zar captured me, he put me in the Secrets Keeper. It attacks your mind, it rips apart your secrets and pulls them out into the open he found out all their secret codes once again, but that wasn't all, he pulled out every single thing I had ever known that would be helpful to him, it put several planets into devastation, and others will never recover from the attacks. It drained me, but I survived, because I held on to one secret." He paused. "One secret I never told anyone. That secret is the only reason I haven't died. Most people go mad after having their secrets pulled from the far corners of their memory, and others spend the rest of their lives in a hole that no one can ever retrieve them from. I held onto that secret, it gave me hope. Ine'Zar thinks if he can get that one secret he'll know something great, that's why he doesn't just kill me. I watched hundreds, Obi-Wan, hundreds of people be subjected to the Secrets Keeper, it is so fearful some went mad just watching it. There was one other Jedi besides me, he had already seen his master, Eoni die, he survived the same way I did, but in the end he....he died." Qui-Gon went silent again and Obi-Wan felt his heart sinking out of existence.

"Did-did any children--" He broke off.

"One did," Qui-Gon said shortly. "An adult cannot hold out through

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.