main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hauntings at the Hangar 10/30/2011 Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Sarnia, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    First of all I want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone for being supportive of this event, I am not going to be able to do it this year without lots of help and you guys just stepped up. Thank you!

I am working with the Museum Curator to get an event listing on the Museum website and on Facebook. Once those are up I will let ya'll know so we can start pimping out the event.

Please let me know who you think we should contact to be part of this event, I am always looking for new faces=)

As I get more organized and figure out what I need I will post it in this thread=)

Edit: Added the date

2. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    I will do the flyer as you requested. got your message but the next 3 nights are tied up with other commitments. I will contact you before the weekend's over. :D

3. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    A bouncy house could be a fun addition for the kids.... there might be some places that will come for free if they can charge for each kid.

4. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    I want to help as much as I can. Let me know what I can do to help - if anything just to be an extra hand around.

5. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    great idea! have to make sure that insurance and all that would be covered.

6. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    In the past, when I have researched getting bouncy houses, there have always been problems/questions about liability/insurance so the answer I got was no =(

I am going to ask for volunteers for the petal port airplanes so we at least have that.

7. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    How about face painting? I don't know anyone that does that and/or if they would have to do it for free or just tips or if there is liability for that or not.

Clowns??? Balloon animals? Magicians?

I'm there for ya, what ever you need just let me know, I can do press releases or whatever you need me to.

8. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
    I know it's been mentioned before, but it'd sure be great if they had a pedal powered X-Wing...

9. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Can you put the date in the title or some of us (me) will double book :p

10. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Thank you!!!! I like it!!!!

11. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    SWSNBNOTB has a friend who does awesome balloons, he was at her shower and made Abby a butterfly. Maybe he could help out?

12. The_Kwisatz_Haderach

The_Kwisatz_Haderach Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2010
    Not entirely sure yet how I can help the cause, but I will if I can. At the very least I'm always good for physical labor, if any is needed. So if you should require a strong back and a weak mind, let me know.

In the meantime, I'll think of something to contribute.*

*Results may vary, offer not valid in all areas, void where prohibited, see box for details

13. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    I think this is awesome, if he will work for free....

This year we can also put people's website information up so they get some publicity.

14. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
    I'll be off that day so count me in. Lemme know what I can do to help.

15. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    I've requested the day off, we'll see if it goes through. If so, I'll be there with AL in tow (great chance he'll be rolling). I would love to organize a pumpkin decorating contest. I don't know if I can do the Death Star pumpkin again (took me all night and was very laborious). I could probably pick up some pumpkin carving kits as prizes. If we do this, we'll need a table to display the pumpkins and a couple volunteers for judging. Or we can have a popular vote with numbers for each pumpkin, and everyone writes their favorite number and drops in a box. Maybe a seperate "under 12" category with a cool prize for the kids. What do you all think?

16. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    Please note that due to this being on a Sunday this year, this will be from 12-4 not 10 to 2 as in years past.

17. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    Flyers were handed out at the meeting and I can get more from the museum, just let me know!

18. ibentmywookie81

ibentmywookie81 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 28, 2010
    i can probably help out if needed. also, i could probably con a few of the mercs to come help or troop with me, if that would help at all

19. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Could you round those Mercs up for the Arvada Harvest Parade on 9/10? :cool:

20. ibentmywookie81

Mar 28, 2010
    Yea, I think so. I'll post over in that thread

21. ibentmywookie81

Mar 28, 2010
    Yea, I think so. I'll post over in that thread

22. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Getting close, what do you need me to do Becca? I've posted some flyers up North area, still have plenty left.

23. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I'll see if I can do this. Busy, busy weekend.

24. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    could i possibly get an e copy of the flyer?

25. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    I have an for another activity for hauntings. How about a target range? A board kind of like Jabba but maybe a battle droid with holes cut out at hit points. I have 4 clone helmets that the kids could put on and shoot the clanker with a nerf gun.

We still have the mini golf and jabba toss.