main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hauntings at the Hangar 10/29/16 - 12-4 p.m.

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by SITH__CHICK, Sep 19, 2015.

1. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum invites werewolves, witches and wandering spirits of all ages to spend a spooky Saturday in our 1930s hangar. Go for a walk down Trick or Treat Street and stop over at our popcorn bar for some goodies. Tumble down our inflatable slide and work your way through our obstacle course. And, of course, show off your Halloween costume in our costume parade.
    Halloween Day 9 - 4pm we can get early load in or day before if we need it. Please let me know directly and don't call the museum.
    Get an early start on your Halloween with our following activities:

Bounce House
    Carnival games
    Open Cockpits
    Pedal Planes
    Batmobile and Monster Trucks
    Green Screen Adventures
    Face Painting
    And much more!

Facebook page to share: https://www.facebook.com/events/1501129626864055/

Now background info on this event. It's the 11th year and the RMFF is the group that got the ball rolling with this relationship with Wings. Jennifer Peterson aka ZOO, Becca (Hill) Hay-Sakamoto and myself thought it would be fun to support the museum so they could continue to house the X-Wing. We want all costuming and fan based groups to come an join the fun, host a table or activity for the kids and educate the general public about their group. So if you know any, get them in contact with me to see what we can work out.

Background checks need to be done you can find the form here at the bottom of the page, middle link. They need original copies mailed or dropped off at the museum. http://wingsmuseum.org/volunteer/ I'm asking that you put at the top or bottom of the page "Star Wars group XX(whatever one you belong to)" so they can keep better records for us in the future.
    Here is the list of the names that the museum says have NOT cleared a background check but I have that volunteered in the last few years.
    IF YOUR NAME IS NOT ON HERE AND YOU'RE PRETTY SURE YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED I CAN CHECK IT OUT FOR YOU.

NAME GROUP
    Beth Kovacs DCC
    Adriana Pardo DCC
    Diane Brewer DCC
    Kelsey Kopecky DCC
    Quaylyn Ferris SG1
    Frank Fitz SG1
    Joe Peifer CMC
    Lori Peifer CMC
    Brack Lee RL
    Matt Jacobs MM
    Robert Webb 501
    Jennifer Webb 501
    Steve Molson 501
    Jason Smith 501
    Uriah Funk MM
    Mike Jarvis UC
    Sara Foster UC
    Emiley Webb Dep
    Shaylee Flageolle Dep
    Tim Stevvins CMC
    Grant
    RMFF

2. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Thank you for posting the info and that list. Looks like RMFF is pretty well covered :)

3. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    My family and I will be there for the GSA. I am fairly sure that Mellisa and I have forms on file. If not, please LMK on FB.

4. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Obey Wann, I don't have you guys on my list but I will double check with the museum. Still working out how they are going to keep track of us. I'm asking that we put "Star Wars special events" on our application so it helps them keep track but not sure how it's going to work yet.

So if you've filled out the papers about a zillion times like some of us, let me know and I will double check your name against their database. I will get a list of approved names out soon, the museum CROSSED OFF the cleared people, so I can't post it because that makes it about as clear as mud.

he-guy likes this.
  5. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Can you also check these members from MSDroids for background checks? Not all of these members will show up for Hauntings, but I want to make sure they are good to go for other WOTR events. I have other members, but they seem to show up for DCC only (which is fine, they can fill out the form if they ever do show up at an WOTR event). I'm more concerned about our more active members.

Lynelle Phillips (good ol' me)
    Devin Dyke
    Andrea (Andi) Dyke
    Tim Gravelin
    Richard Gravelin
    John Kerstiens
    Brian Simpson
    Bryan Hotz
    Tom Warley
    Jackson Warley
    Matt Bradshaw

6. pagil m'gar

pagil m'gar Jedi Master

Oct 9, 2014
    El bumpo

7. ladyblues

ladyblues Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 18, 2013
    I would like to work Hauntings, if you still are accepting volunteers and if I'm cleared. I think I am. Can you check if Geoffrey and I are in the background check database?

8. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    10 day bump!

9. Yuri1138

Yuri1138 Jedi Knight

Dec 29, 2009
    Planning on being there!

10. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    I will be coming for a few hours...i'll dress up in my HP costume...most likely sit at the table if that works. :) I'll bring my candy as well.

i filled a form out two years ago...:D

11. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Planning on a later arrival. Noonish.

12. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    I plan on being there for set up and am bringing the Jabba Toss.

13. zeraduel

zeraduel Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 15, 2011
    Do we have shifts we can sign up for or is it come when you can and stay how long you can?

14. AuttyBot

AuttyBot RMFF Secretarian star 1

Jul 21, 2014
    I unfortunately have had entirely too many planned and unplanned hospital visits this month so my paperwork got in late, but the museum does now have my paperwork. They were not sure if it would get back in time, but are going to push it through. I am planning on bringing my daughter at the very least to enjoy the event. I will be set for all future events. :)

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  15. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I need first and last names to help me get the volunteer list in correctly. I did get some names that were approved and some that were denied.

I'm putting the list in tonight. Sorry I went dark but Halloween orders got crazy.

We are decoration Friday night if anyone wants to come to that, no background is needed because we will not be working with the public. 5 to 9pm or any time in between and we can hang out and eat after we are done because I know most people will be running off to meet up with their own trick or treaters.

No schedule, each group will have there area or space and activity so if your CR/CO didn't have a manned event scheduled just showing up should be fine.

16. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002

I'm asking again if any of these people as well as the Blackburn's if they are cleared. I keep getting a list of the NOT cleared so I think I've asked clear enough this time. We'll see.

17. zeraduel

zeraduel Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 15, 2011
    I was planning on going Saturday and perhaps I'm just assuming I'm cleared as I've done this the last four years. Add my name to the list of volunteers! Michael

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  18. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    no assuming...i filled one out two years ago and they still require one. Per my conversation with Kim last night. :)

19. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    scanning and sending my forms as i type.

20. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    nnay, they need original signatures, fax or email will not work.

Zeraduel - you are clear and on the list, I did go through the thread and if I knew your full name added it to the list. If I wasn't sure of full name I checked profiles, but some are blank. I could go through facebook but I have things to do :p

zeraduel likes this.
  21. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Are we going there tonight to set up? If so, what time?

And what time do we need to get there tomorrow?

22. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    From my post above - We are decoration Friday night if anyone wants to come to that, no background is needed because we will not be working with the public. 5 to 9pm or any time in between and we can hang out and eat after we are done because I know most people will be running off to meet up with their own trick or treaters.

Event is 10am to 4pm, we can get in as early as 8am.

23. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I can head over after I get off work at 6, and can set up the GSA.

24. thejackal327

thejackal327 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2013
    I'm currently neck-deep in a 3 day outage of our production server, so I don't think it's likely that I'll be going anywhere today :( So sorry to miss this.

25. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Thanks to everybody who volunteered for Friday night set up and Saturday! The event seemed to be a successful one with lots of happy kids with buckets full of candy.
    Appreciations to SITH__CHICK, pagil m'gar, darth_hair, Obey Wann, he-guy, nnaydolem, zeraduel, Terry, Grant, JawaJaka, and anybody else I missed.

We appreciate your time, dedication, and efforts in making this event successful!

Obey Wann and he-guy like this.