main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt Skywalker

Matt Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 26, 2014

Well Disney owns Marvel, don't the two franchises make an appearance in Infinity ?

2. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013

With all due respect, Admiral, **** that noise.

Reducing something to a generational issue (when in fact I have absolutely nothing in common with my own generation and everything in common with the previous one) is pompous as balls.

In fact, if anything, my perceived flaws are demonstrably more in line with those of Generation X, as I'm anti-taboo, have a chip on my shoulder about authority, and was just now railing on something mainstream. Thankfully I have that entire generational mindset's accumulated history at my disposal to augment those inclinations, so I don't have a compulsory bent against the mainstream... but you try being bombarded for a year straight about something you only thought was mediocre and tell me how you feel.

Anyway, don't ever act like I ain't open, brother. I'm as open as a strip club at midnight, but that don't mean I invite everybody to cram Frozen stuff into... my... open... hole OK this analogy is over.

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Relax, dude. I assure you that you're not the only person in the world who has to hear people talk about things they don't care for. I assure you that it's an experience that basically everybody deals with.

4. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    WHICH IS WHY I EXPRESSED MY EXASPERATION IN THE FIRST PLACE you friggin'... piece of... pie!

([face_peace])

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    ^ he clearly doesn't want to build a snowman.

6. Matt Skywalker

Apr 26, 2014
    Jello pie....hmmm sounds like he's on to something.

[​IMG]

7. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
  8. Matt Skywalker

Apr 26, 2014
    [​IMG]

9. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    ...OK, so I'll always love Kristen Bell for Veronica Mars and for tweeting at my wife once, and that one "whatever time forever" song was alright.

BUT THAT'S IT.

10. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Good enough for me. KBell and VMars are excellent, and that's my favorite song in the film anyway.

11. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Hey AdmiralNick22, I started The Sea and Civilization. It's pretty interesting so far.

12. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    That's a fair point. There are many pop songs that I think are if not good enough then at least mediocre. But after hearing the same 20 songs every day for two months from the radio at work I am ready to show distaste towards them.

But then there are songs that I can listen to 20 times a day and find them brilliant. But sadly there is no Disney radio channel.

13. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    Actually, there is... but you might not like what you find there. [face_skull]

14. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Let me guess: High School Musical and its ilk. Pff, those are not canon. If Gaston and Hellfire don't play often enough I'm not interested.

15. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Good! I found it was much better during the first half than the second, but overall I enjoyed it lot. My knowledge of medieval naval warfare was limited, so this book filled in a lot of gaps.

--Adm. Nick

16. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    From Pablo on FB:

Day: ruined.

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    What? Why? Tan-tive is what I do.

18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    how so?

19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I want a dictionary of word pronunciations authored by Lucas.

Doesn't have to be Star Wars words. Just words.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I want a dictionary authored by Lucas.

Period.

21. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    I used to think it was "Tan-ti-tiv", because I apparently couldn't read.

22. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Well, job interview was quick, now hoping to hear back good news.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  23. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    Pronunciations have always been a little off between Lucas and how you'd think it would sound. The one that sticks in my mind is Naboo. He says is "Nae-Boo," but in the movies it always said as "Na-Boo."

Edit: And then there's the whole "Han" vs. "Hon" thing.

24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    And Coruscant is based on http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/coruscant -- but that didn't stop Lucas, did it?

25. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Still pronouncing it "tan-tihv" regardless. Mainly because the official pronunciation sounds dumb. Unofficial pronunciation trumps for coolness factor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.