main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    What's Fantfourstic?

2. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    I started KOTOR once more to see if I still can be interested by it and what is this? You can get invited to a Sith party on Taris and get the armor that way? You mean I don't yet know everything about this game?

3. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I can still remember playing KOTOR the first time and it being absolutely magical. It's a genuinely extraordinary experience.

4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Just leaving this here.

[​IMG]

5. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    On my first time I was 12 or something and still unfamiliar with the details of the English language.

"What is "equipment"? Why can't I open the door? What do you want from me Trask?! We'll all die because of you!"

Findswoman likes this.
  6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    the Hero's Reborn version was better

EDIT
    I think Reed look a bit to young for my taste

7. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    *Expects to feel underwhelmed*

I don't even feel that. I just feel...meh. It didn't look absolutely horrible, but it didn't stick out to me. There's a brief shot of Johnny lighting up on fire, a few shots of Ben as the Thing, and one brief second where Reed tries to reach out, but as far as I could tell it cut away before it actually showed him stretching. So aside from those two brief seconds of the characters exhibiting their powers, this could be any random sci-fi flick that has an apparently nonsensical plot.

And the Thing is naked.

Seriously, I had no idea what's going on in this trailer. To me, this feels like the Michael Bay of superhero movies. Lots of pretty effects, but no plot that I could figure out. So humanity is trying to further its research, and some people get some powers, and then they're in some place that doesn't look like earth and a light is shooting up in the sky. So...yeah.

Oh, and some guy from Divergent is Reed. Yay?

8. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    Well said. I will have to wait till I get home to watch with it with the sound on, but yeah nothing really screamed superhero movie or its the fantastic four.

Cynical_Ben and Revanfan1 like this.
  9. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Well, it's almost guaranteed to be a better film than the previous FF movies, but whether or not it's actually a good Fantastic Four movie (or Fant4sic, because poor literacy is kewl) is an entirely different matter. It does look more traditionally Hollywood than I would have imagined coming from Josh Trank; in fact, the aesthetic and the way the trailer is shot remind me a lot of the Abrams Star Trek films, especially Into Darkness.

King of Alsakan likes this.
  10. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I'm actually looking forward to the Fantastic Four film. I don't know if it'll be any good, but it should at least be different.

spicer and CooperTFN like this.
  11. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Yup, with so many comic book super hero movies things start to get generic and boring. I hope this one will be different in a good way.

Then again I've never been a super hero movie fan anyway, so...

12. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Mia Mesharad and King of Alsakan like this.
  13. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    I imagine anyone who isn't already one of the staff writers of Arrow would do the show good.

14. snikttrooper

snikttrooper Jedi Master star 1

Mar 15, 2014
    Gorefiend and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  15. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    All the newest new Essential Guides... IN ONE VOLUME.

...which will actually be a lot thinner than any other previous volume, considering the EU is nixed.[face_thinking]

Gamiel, Gorefiend and Vthuil like this.
  16. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Just looking at the picture of the video, I expect to hear Cortana's voiceover from the Halo 3 trailer "This...is the way the world ends"

17. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Yeah, reading the way Rinzler and Wallace talk about it in that Twitter thread it sounds kinda like "the Essential Guide to What's Still Around".

18. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    After watching the trailer again, for me this definitely falls into the category of one day seeing a random sci-fi/action movie on Amazon Prime and saying "when was this in the theaters?, I guess I'll watch it".

In other scifi/fantasy news today it looks like we have a new set of Ghostbusters, and a very unsurprising new hint into how Aquaman will look in the movies.

19. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Today in inexplicable things: this sent me an alert saying it was a reply to me.

CooperTFN likes this.
  20. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    What do you mean?

21. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    I mean it's poorly written. Though, granted, I've only felt this was the case since mid-season two and they must still be doing something right since I keep watching. [face_dunno]

22. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Really? I have loved every single episode. Granted, I haven't seen any of S3 yet, so I don't know, but I've heard good things about it, too, even if it's not perfect. Actually, the last three or so episodes of S2 were among my favorites in the show (the only one better was the S1 finale itself). But hey, to each his own, and as long as you're watching I won't complain. ;)

23. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    I got a new phone, a Galaxy Core. My old one was very old. Now I can do things on my phone like use Twitter or Snapchat or Tinder (my phone was really old). And now I can play SW: Commander (go Empire!).

24. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    I still find it unb-ARROW-ble.

Also, Revanfan1, I'd say Reed Richards is more the lead from the Oscar-nominated film Whiplash than "some guy from Divergent." Say what you will, but the entire cast has a pretty outstanding pedigree.

25. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    This movie should never be released.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.