Lit HAVAC IS BACK - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

1. RC-1991 Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, it's rather interesting to try and figure out everyone's motivations. I'm assuming Laseen has some reason for trying to get rid of all of the old Emperor's loyalists even as the Free Cities are on the verge of revolt. And I'm still trying to parse just why Rake is so opposed to the Empress. So it's a pretty fun ride so far, and much more engaging than Wheel of Time.
  2. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    So what happens when you mix a live wire with some goats?

I'm staying with this family in Guatemala and they live on this busy road in the mountains. This road's got a narrow little sidewalk pressed up against this continuous wall of houses all the way down to the town nearby. The family tells me to go buy something off in the town and I'm like, sure np. So I'm coming back with the goods and suddenly I hear what sounds like a branch snapping and this giant electrical wire from a telephone pole comes down just behind me, followed by a bright spark.

So I pause there like a deer in the headlights trying to figure out what just happened, and suddenly I hear this weird rumbling noise I hadn't noticed before. And a moment later I see this sea of 50+ goats rounding the bend ahead of me and coming in my direction. And I can't get out of the way because the highway's the only alternative and there's a ton of traffic.

And then I see this poor middle-aged dude with a whip somewhere in the midst of this sea of goats, and he spots me, and then the wire. And the two of us are sort of staring at each other in this awkward moment of panic. The dude tries to stop the goats, but goats being goats, they just keeping on marching down the hill right at the wire.

And I don't know how those goats did it, but none of them managed to touch it. As soon as they got to me and the wire they just split up without missing a beat. The poor dude with the whip just kept looking between me and the wire the entire time with this pained expression like he expected the worst at any moment. Poor guy.
    Ris_jSarek, Gorefiend, JackG and 2 others like this.
  3. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Wow. I'm not sure I have anything else to say on that one. At least the wire came down just behind you. :eek:

And maybe goats are smarter than we give them credit for.
    Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  4. Point Given Mod of Literature and Community

Manager
    star 5
    How many near electrocutions is this?
  5. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
  6. krtmd Force Ghost

star 4
    because its awesome
    Barriss_Coffee and Ulicus like this.
  7. AdmiralNick22 Fleet Admiral of Literature

Manager
    star 6
    For any history buffs, I highly recommend Thomas Jefferson: The Art of Power by John Meacham. Despite the fact that I majored in early American history and have read dozens of biographies on the Founders, I hadn't gotten to one solely on Jefferson until very recently. I have placed it on my living room bookshelf next to my beloved copy of John Adams by David McCullough. So, just as they were in life, the two friends turned rivals and eventually friends again are united together. [face_flag]

--Adm. Nick
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  8. Havac Former Moderator

star 7
    Eww, Jefferson.
    TheRedBlade likes this.
  9. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    I've read enough comic books to know you were this close to getting superpowers.

Bummer.

Then again, becoming "Electrogoat Woman" might have... well, sucked.

Yeah, that's cool. Except the part where Vader forgot to lock his breastplate controls. Poor form.
    Last edited by Ulicus, Mar 8, 2013
  10. Lugija Force Ghost

star 4
    Guys and lady-guys! Watching the newest (for me) episode of GOT and... and...
    [IMG]
    I hate this show.
    MistrX, Gorefiend, krtmd and 2 others like this.
  11. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    I take it your favorite character bit it?
  12. Lugija Force Ghost

star 4
    Right.

Show Spoiler
    Poor Tippler.
  13. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    Don't worry bro I did my taxes the week before. All's cool.
  14. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    If only you knew...
    Ulicus and krtmd like this.
  15. AdmiralNick22 Fleet Admiral of Literature

Manager
    star 6
    I never said I loved the guy. :p

--Adm. Nick
  16. MistrX Force Ghost

star 4
    You and Henry Wiencek.
  17. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    Who was that again? =P~
  18. AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost

star 5
    Community was great last night. Joel is an awesome actor. I'm afraid of this push for J/B though.

Anyone else play the FFG X-Wing?
  19. AdmiralNick22 Fleet Admiral of Literature

Manager
    star 6
    It was a good episode, but I have been reading interviews where even the cast thinks that the end is near. :(

--Adm. Nick
  20. AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost

star 5
    Even without resolution for Jeff/Annie, I much rather it go out now while it is still pretty good than see it shamble along and become a show like Big Bang Theory or Two and a Half Men.
    AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  21. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    Padme/Annie 4eva!
    RC-1991 likes this.
  22. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    I bought a new graphics tablet today. It's an Intuos 5 Touch. And the Autodesk SketchBook Express software it came bundled with looks like it says "SEX" in my toolbar.
  23. AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, it is a touchpad :p
    Ris_jSarek likes this.
  24. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    Autodesk, you dirty, dirty whore.
  25. blackmyron Force Ghost

star 5
    Still waiting for the RPG, although I saw the "introductory RPG" on sale recently.