main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Bah. Been messing around with building 40K models, now I have gluon my fingers.

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    To paraphrase Nick, sometimes I hate you guys.

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  3. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    This.
    Changes.
    EVERYTHING.

And by "EVERYTHING," I mean eight years of grudgingly using my backup handle on these boards instead of the one I use almost everywhere else.

And so it begins ...

EDIT: And so it concludes, quickly and painlessly! Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you ... jSarek!

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  4. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    If we're going for the cheapest laughs...

In Soviet Russia, Schrodinger's Cat observes YOU.

:p

5. CMShake

CMShake Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 22, 2010
    I don't know if it is appropriate to make a thread on this, so i'll just leave this...erm, recent development here.

6. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Someone worked way too hard on that.

7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Come to think of it, that info box isn't too far off the mark....

8. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    "The First Jedi Mind Meld" [face_laugh]

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Could've gone with a more creative name if they went through all that effort.

However, I do love the fact that Spock ends up basically becoming Cade Skywalker.

10. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    NEW CKII DLC ANNOUNCED BY PARADOX:

CRUSADER KINGS Z

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

APRIL FOOL!

Uh, I think. I really wish it wasn't, though. THIS WOULD BE AWESOME.

11. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    I should be writing my GOT commentary but I can't get anything done today. Good thing it's a holiday.

But I made a blog in where I will post it (and previous commentaries) later.

12. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Arrrrrrrrgjjjjjjffjsjsjsjsjdj my capstone prof isn't handing back our rough drafts until Wednesday.

13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    RC-1991 http://www.dothraki.com/2013/03/valar-dohaeris/

The guy who created Dothraki for GoT talking about how he created High Valyrian and then debased it to come up with low Valyrian, and then showing us an example line in both languages... the language lover in me is just DYING. I love it. I especially like that low Valyrian uses articles and prepositions and a SVO word order like a modern language. Gah, this is great!

14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
  15. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Not April Fools, but Community is looking more likely for a renewal for Season 5. I just really hope they finally go forwards with Jeff/Annie, instead of the teasing and taunting of this season. Going back to Jeff/Britta would be a disaster.

16. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
  17. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I haven't been enthused about the current season, but with Chevy Chase gone that's about a million points in favor of another season.

18. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Yes, but Megan Gantz would be gone as well, and she was probably the best of the writers they had.

19. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    An hour of Old Gods goodiness for the CKIIers amongst us:

I'm only six minutes in, but right now the most exciting little tidbit I picked up on was the fact that they've got code that allows regnal numbering to transfer across Kingdoms. So the numbering of the Kings of Asturias will carry over into when it breaks up into Leon, Castille, Galacia, etc.

20. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    So, what did everyone think of the season premiere of Doctor Who? I for one love Clara and think the chemistry between her and the Doctor is perfect. The plot of the episode itself was rather predictable and average, but just seeing the spark between Clara and the Doctor made up for it. Seeing the Doctor get flustered by a girl is wonderful and Matt Smith does a fantastic job with it. I am excited to see where the season takes us!

--Adm. Nick

21. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I'm as big a Community fan as can be, but I think the best thing for the show would be to end with this season. The new showrunners seem to get the characters and I trust that they can end the four-year arc of Jeff being back in school well, but it just isn't anywhere near as funny as it used to be. Better to end with grace than trudge forward half-heartedly in the hopes that they might rekindle something eventually--that's what killed The Office.

And as for Jeff/Annie, I think the show has pointed out pretty conclusively (and accurately, in my opinion) that that wouldn't actually be a good idea; which is one of the reasons I think they get the characters.

22. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I agree 100% with this. I know my buddy AdmiralWesJanson will disagree with us on this, but Jeff/Britta makes the most sense. As for continuing Community for another season, my gut says that NBC would only do it because their Thursday night lineup is about to be very weak. The Office & 30 Rock are done, 1600 Penn appears likely to be canceled, leaving only Parks & Recreation. They cannot afford to launch three new, untested shows on a Thursday, hence why Community would likely get a reprieve and be given a 13 episode 5th season to wrap things up.

--Adm. Nick

23. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Oh lord, are we shipping? :p

24. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Damn Flirt Junkies...

25. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Quirrell/Voldemort, or Quirrellmort, is One True Pairing.

[​IMG]
    Won't press it because of the Spoiler Walkers, but they could shake things up and have Dinklage play Hodor and Hodor's actor play Tyrion for a bit. Stretching their legs, so to speak. Use some sort of Hobbit tricks to make it happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.