main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    tumblr might work

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Someone won something--is the basketball thing over now?

Blithe likes this.
  3. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    There was a basketball thing?

4. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Basketball is still a thing? o_O

instantdeath likes this.
  5. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    So that's what my dad was going on about this past weekend.

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I thought Star Wars was to the JCC forum as sports was to this forum!

7. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I like playing sports, but watching them... well, there aren't many better ways of putting me to sleep.

8. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Hey nerds, I thought I told you never to come in here.

You got my homework finished?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    THE KARLINGS RETURN!

[​IMG]
    Though, irritatingly, because I was overzealous in spreading my dynasty across Europe and married every heiress I could find to my younger sons, a cadet branch of my house ended up inheriting the HRE before I had a chance to gobble it up for myself.

The game isn't over until I'm Holy Roman Emperor, dammit.

(Note: Playing vanilla, rather than CK2+, which is why this has been so easy on the whole)

Gorefiend likes this.
  10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, I noticed it was vanilla due to the Karling CoA -- well, and the fact that they were named Karling instead of Carolingien.

re: sports, they're amusing from time to time, but generally only when they represent international power politics, such as the Olympics. For instance, I enjoyed watching Olympic hockey in 2010 because the USA had defeated Canada in the opening rounds of pool play, which caused a national crisis for the Canadians -- if they lost to us in hockey, did they even have meaning as a nation anymore? It was the only thing they're good at! That's why I enjoy the Olympics: they offer the chance to demonstrate our vast superiority over the world. :p

....what? I'm not weird. :(

11. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Awwwwwwwwwww, c'mon man! Please don't flush my holographic Charizard down the toilet!

So, update on Elder Kings mod: I've now consolidated most of Cyrodiil under my rule, and I have officially restored the borders of Skyrim. And my new king, Thorygg Wulfharth, is known as "The Iron-Hand". BADASS.

12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I had my holographic Charizard stolen in 7th grade on the very same day that I got it :(

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'll have a milk. Chocolate.

As opposed to GIL where we talk about sports and weather all the time? :p

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  14. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I really can't see you with Pokemon cards.

RC-1991 likes this.
  15. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh, I didn't really collect them. I thought the whole trend was stupid. However, Charizard was different. Charizard was exclusive.

It was a status thing.

16. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    His Imperial Lizardness?

17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Fact: the original Japanese name of the dragon-type Pokémon move "Outrage" is "Imperial Rage."

Fact2: Apparently IE10 automatically adds accents to the word Pokémon.

18. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Yeah, Carolingian is my preferred name for the dynasty too but... eh, whatever.

I'm not going to bother to mod CK2+ back in until the next patch/Old Gods.

19. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    ? It's fully updated for the new patches and works great. I'm having my favorite ERE game right now (might just be that I am having an insanely successful run as House Iellon right now -- far more successful than my previous Doukid playthroughs).

20. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Random question for you CK 2 players, it has now happened thrice that I suddenly loose all my lands and at the end of that play month get told that I have become the ruler of a Republic and thus cannot keep playing. o_O

21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    1. Do you have the Republic DLC installed and were you playing as a vassal of a merchant republic who got independence but had a non-coastal capital?

2. Is your capital holding a city, or did you some how find yourself in the line of succession for a republic because you were the vassal of a non-merchant republic?

22. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    DLC is installed, but I was an independent ruler all 3 times (Holy Roman Emperor, King of Italy, King of Jerusalem respectively). Though I had conquered the Republics of Venice and Pisa when playing as King of Italy.

Afaik yes, HRE had Austria, KOI it was Florence, KOJ had Jerusalem

Not unless I really didn’t spot it, though when I was HRE I did marry one of my daughters of to the Doge of Venice.

23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    What I mean is, when you click on the county that your capital is in, what is the graphic you see in the main window? Is it a castle, a church, or a bunch of houses/buildings? Unless you're playing as a republic, your capital should always be a castle. If the primary holding of your capital county is a city or a bishopric, you'll get an auto-loss once it becomes your capital (presumably because you lost your previous capital, which was out of necessity a castle).

24. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    So here is my Tumblr blog for GOT commentaries: http://lugija.tumblr.com/
    At the moment it only has an introduction and my predictions for the second season (hah, I was so unaware of how slowly Jon's story can move). My first commentary, besides being extremely short, didn't have a propaganda picture so I'm going to make one and correct the grammar of the post. I got laudatur from my English high school finishing test, so why can't I imperfect?

Barriss_Coffee and krtmd like this.
  25. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Castles in all three cases and part of the rulers direct control. Which is what makes it so strange, as I know you can lose the game if you run out of counties you directly control, as there is no place to set up your capital.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.