main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    See, this is why I wouldn't commit.

It starts off all, "Hey, you're a swell guy! You want to help out with this?"

And then a day later it's all "PUT YOUR BACON DOWN."

**** that noise. No-one puts bacon in a corner.

jSarek, CooperTFN, RC-1991 and 2 others like this.
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    This is pretty cool- 1138 BTS photos from the SW movies. Some of my favorites-
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Why do none of the photoshop cover artists ever use that face for Han?:(

4. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I've always loved the Luke one, where he looks down into the lightsaber. Imagine if Kenobi had just reached over and activated the blade. :p

Short movie.

Ulicus likes this.
  5. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

[​IMG]

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I love OT BTS photos.

7. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I love the face Ben is giving him. "So this is the kid I'll be trusting the lives of everyone in the galaxy to... god help us all". Alternatively, he might be thinking of mentally triggering on the lightsaber for kicks.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  8. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    "Great. Yet another pathetic life form."

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    More likely he's thinking "why the **** did I sign up for this movie again?"

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    edit: I tried googling for the photo that the Rebels cover obviously photoshopped, but found this instead: d'awww!

[​IMG]

Gorefiend likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "Oh, holy hell. This is definitely Anakin's child."

12. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Christ, what happened to that woman?

13. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Very, very tempted to make a terrible "Stormtrooper still couldn't hit it" joke. But I won't, because I'm better than that.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  15. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    I can't see that image (grrr), but I'm assuming it's something that should rightfully make me hang my head in shame.

[​IMG]

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    This, my friends, is the rhetorical figure known as praeteritio or paraleipsis.

edit: That was post 73,000. Good god.

jSarek likes this.
  17. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Which you could be said to be executing yourself, by forcing us uncivilized barbarians to kneel before wikipedia for answers.

And congrats on the post count. Wouldn't be an appropriate 73,000th Jello post without some latin in it.

18. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Well it's not quite the same thing -- paraleipsis is saying something by denying that it is being said.

In other news, the section of Krytos Trap I started with over lunch today immediately began with Nawara discussing how 267 Duros were found dead on Coruscant at the hands of Imperials. Frighteningly relevant :p

instantdeath likes this.
  19. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Hur hur hur.

[​IMG]
    Though the placement of the apostrophe at the end there makes me cringe.

Edit: There. That's better.

20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    ty britain

I will think how thankful I am to be rid of your domination this week as I drink my Earle Grey and watch Doctor Who.

21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Ulicus -- that Boudicca statue by Westminster begs to differ! Britannia is just another Roman province :p

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Replace Earl Grey with Newcastle and...yeah.

And Britain, could you possibly dominate our TV? American creators could learn from Doctor Who and Absolutely Fabulous. Not to mention the more comprehensive coverage that is BBC News.

23. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Coffee, please, stop or I'll have to propose.

And then Sey will, like, murder you. Which'd be super unfortunate. :(

Pfffffffft. We looked to our own defences, and then some.

"You don't want us? FINE. We'll go make our OWN empire. With blackjack. And hookers."

24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    a_g: That's not really fair -- American TV has had something of a renaissance over the last decade. In fact, I can't tell you how many stories I've read in British papers where the Brits bemoan the fact that they're losing the quality TV war with the US. And I say this despite having 75% of my Netflix queue being British shows and movies :p

You're totally right about the news aspect though, on ever level. European news in general is just... better. Part of me wants to learn German so I can read Der Spiegel.

Ulicus -- how about this, you let HM the Queen rule us, and I'll consider it even :p I still haven't forgiven you guys for letting us win that revolution!

Ulicus likes this.
  25. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Well, that was really an Anglosphere plot. Y'see, the evil Anglos wanted the entirety of North America to themselves, but knew they wouldn't be able to get it without a fight as long as they were "Britain". So they pretended to have this giant civil war and split into two countries, and then the "independent" one just bought up all the land around them easily. (Well, more easily than Britain would have been able to, at any rate)

And, today, the Five Eyes are the Crown Jewels in Her Majesty's Crown.

Note:

"May the light of Your Majesty's Crown continue to reign Supreme for many years to come!" - Obama, 2012.

PROOF.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.