main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kylun

Kylun Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2008
    Eh, getting everyone's loyalty can be a tiny bit difficult if you're going back and forth between Paragon and Renegade. I remember one time I left Zaeed's loyalty mission for last and I didn't have enough good guy points to save the people trapped in the refinery and convince him to stay friendly. I was faced with either letting Zaeed get his revenge, or backtracking even further to make more Paragon decisions.

So ya, you can dip into the badass/snarky responses here and there, but I think you do need to decide what flavor you playthrough will be.

2. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
  3. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Well, it's certainly faithful.

4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Flash? As in Flash Gordon?

Looks at link: Ahuu :(

Gorefiend likes this.
  5. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    Not quite. I do remember being excited for the new Flash Gordon series on the sci-fi channel years ago, though I think I lost interest when I didn't hear any music by Queen.:)

6. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    So, fate has taunted me by having the SWTOR double XP weekend and the (presumably) final beta weekend for ESO coincide. And this ESO beta weekend has the updated Imperial edition perks!

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh? So everybody can try out an Imperial?

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

8. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I'm not sure if it allows everyone to do it, but I think that is what the private test server had. I know in the last beta weekend, if you preordered the Imperial edition directly from the official site, you had your Imperial horse. I suspect if you preordered from Zenimax you will definitely get to play as an Imperial in this weekend's beta. I took the GMG deal so they only gave me the early access code thus far, and not the Imperial game code, so I didn't have the horse. :( So I hope the Imperial features are open to everyone.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Hmm. Yeah I bet it's probably locked behind the code. I also used GMG, which means no Imperials for me yet.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

10. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I have hope, because I'm pretty sure the options were available to everyone on the PTS because they needed to test the functionality of the Imperial edition, and I think the latest patch for the "public" beta is that build.

Edit: Bought Titanfall, the loading screen is pretty slick:
    [​IMG]

11. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
  12. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    For Jello....

A Roman walks into a bar, put two fingers up and says: "Five beers please".

Gorefiend, RC-1991, TrakNar and 3 others like this.
  13. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, that list has been making it around fb today :p

DigitalMessiah Got an email from GMG today. It confirms the weekend beta will include Imperial perks for everyone, regardless of what edition you have.

14. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Look, guys, Game of Thrones is awesome and everything, but this is exactly how I experience it.

Gorefiend likes this.
  15. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Read the books.

krtmd, Gorefiend, tjace and 5 others like this.
  16. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
  17. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    If history was as confusing as Game of Thrones? Really?

I mean, George RR Martin greatly simplified how feudalism works for the sake of the story.

If Game of Thrones was as confusing as real history, the King of Westeroes would also be a minor noble in Volantis, and one of the top contenders for the throne would be a random Ibbenese guy.

I know you didn't understand a word of that coop, but I don't care!

18. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    It's ok Coop, I don't understand Harry Potter references.

Gorefiend and CooperTFN like this.
  19. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Oh, is that from Harry Potter? I just Googled "never gif" and that was the first result.

True story.

20. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I got the e-mail from GMG too, along with two more beta keys, so I have three extra beta keys now if anyone wants one.

21. patchworkz7

patchworkz7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2004

The promotional pictures make it look pretty good but the one picture I saw of him jumping sans special effects and in daylight...well, we'll see how it looks when he's just walking around normally and talking, but I hope the shot I saw was just a bad angle.

22. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Coop, you really are just the worst person.

23. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Just watched Return of the Joker. I hate myself a little for not having seen that as a kid (I would have been seven on its release). I really feel like I missed out on being traumatized. That Tim Drake stuff...

While I don't know the specifics, as I haven't seen the show since childhood, I honestly like the idea of the Teen Titans show taking place in DCAU continuity even more now, with the Robin of that show being Tim Drake. The idea of him fighting madness for years, trying his best to lead a team and continue helping people all while having the Joker whispering to him as he sleeps, urging him to regress into the broken animal he had briefly been is so damned horrifying that I can't help but love it.

24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Is that Batman Beyond stuff? I never watched it as a kid because I'd rather watch the adventures of old geezer Batman than that new kid. Even back then I hated whippersnappers.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

25. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Fixed.

Gorefiend likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.