Lit HAVAC IS BACK - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Lugija Force Ghost

star 4
    Too many EUs around these days. And Cad Bane likely contradicts all of them.
  2. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yeah, I'm going to have to see an example before I judge either way. Good to hear they're finally overhauling regencies, though.
    GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  3. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    Still want non-feudal government types though. Especially for the ERE. 867 was bad enough, but a feudal ERE in 769 is beyond unacceptable.
  4. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    Mod double posts are THE WORST.
    Gamiel likes this.
  5. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    It's okay when Jello does it; it's the message board equivalent of the royal "we".
  6. Lugija Force Ghost

star 4
    Lugija thinks that is a grand idea.
  7. Lugija Force Ghost

star 4
    Lugija thinks that is a grand idea.
    Edit: you are not going to believe this, but this was an accident. I blame Tapatalk.
    Gamiel and CooperTFN like this.
  8. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    I've been getting double posts on tapatalk all day. And worse, it's not even due to pressing the button twice -- it just takes forever to post and when it finally does, it makes me look like some n00b.

First they take away my Latin manual sig, now this!
  9. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    I've been having issues on my iPad since last night and I use Safari. I was on my phone briefly with Tapatalk and I think I only posted once but didn't have a problem. I also made maybe one post on my desktop earlier with no issues.

I wasn't sure if my router needed to be rebooted or if something was up with the boards and mobile devices.
  10. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
  11. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    I love Havac.
    Havac likes this.
  12. Gamiel Force Ghost

star 5
  13. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    Your faith in your friends is yours!
  14. Jedi Ben Chosen One

star 6
    Carrie Fisher was great on the Last Leg tonight.
  15. themetresgained Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    It's a stark fact that continually reasserts itself.
  16. Kablob Force Ghost

star 4
    That...actually didn't fit at all in the context. :p
  17. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Friends don't let friends use Tapatalk HD.
  18. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    That's your uncle talking.
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  19. Gamiel Force Ghost

star 5
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
    - Francis Wayland Thurston, The Call of Cthulhu, by H. P. Lovecraft

[IMG]
    In October the stars will be right over Stockholm! Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

for more information: http://www.shplf.se/
  20. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    Ooo, Assassin's Creed: Rogue sounds fun. Not least because it'll be a while before I go next-gen, and it's for the 360.

Playing as an assassin-turned-templar? Moar Haytham involvement in the plot? Yes please!
  21. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    I keep seeing all these new Assassin's Creed games and... hmm, they look fun again, but I basically gave up after AC3 as I didn't enjoy all the "I'm a pirate now!" stuff in AC4-- and still haven't ever finished it.

But then I'm one of those people who enjoyed AC1 and much preferred when it was about sneaking about... rather than having a giant warship and getting into naval battles, which just felt like they were trying to be Pirates of the Caribbean.
  22. Praenomen Cognomen Force Ghost

star 4
    Eh, they can't make a pure stealth game every year when they're competing with stuff like Dishonored and Thief at intervals. In those situations, the exciting-new/rebooted-old game always beats the annual title.
  23. Kylun Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I'm just going to pretend the lack of a PC version was on oversight of the article. Yeah. That's the ticket. [face_dunno]
  24. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    AC was never pure stealth, anyway. It was "bit of social stealth for positioning then PUBLICLY EXECUTE THEM IN FRONT OF EVERYONE AND RUN AWAY".
  25. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    Pfft, that depends how you played it... not all of us charged through the city knifing everything we saw. :p

I always kinda wanted an option akin to Metal Gear Solid Extreme Difficulty that gave you a Game Over if you were detected-- the same thing would have made sense for an assassin.