main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Have a Little Faith In Me (Sobiwan Viggie)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AERYN_SUN, Dec 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Have a Little Faith In Me
    By obi?s girl

A/N: This viggie is a little Christmas Even present from me.

Summary: After the duel with Anakin, Obi-Wan breaks down, believing the past couple years have been a lie and he is a failure?and then Sabé comes to see him to tell him otherwise.

He sat there, staring plainly at his hands and his lightsabre. He still didn?t understand how all of happened but then again; he?d always been blinded by what was happening around him. Obi-Wan Kenobi, former teacher and friend of Anakin Skywalker, somehow, had killed his Padawan.

He did kill him. He remembered reaching for Anakin?s hands but his Padawan?s hand barely touched his and he fell, the fires and ash consuming his body. Ben thought on his return to Coruscant, maybe he wanted him to fall. As the student, Obi-Wan knew how hard it was for his Master to accept the Padawan before him had fallen a long time ago.
    Obi-Wan wasn?t sure exactly things had changed; they seemed to have changed over time.

The smaller things he never noticed. He knew Anakin had a temper and often lashed out when he couldn?t control his feelings. Obi-Wan always figured his emotions were simple teen angst but it was more than that.
    He huffed, slouching as he sat there in the room, barely noticing the lurking figure watching him in the doorway. Sabé sighed, unsure if it was her place to say something but as his friend, she hated seeing him slowly die inside. She moved away from the doorway; he looked up slightly at her and then averted his gaze to the floor.

?Ben??

Ben nodded, his gray eyes still staring at the floor. ?I let him die, Sabé. I reached for him but it was too late and I let him fall,?

Sabé shrugged, fixing her dress as she sat beside him on the bed, ?You didn?t let him fall, Ben. You were there because you wanted to save him, not to?? Obi-Wan moved away from her, repulsed his own actions. He was ashamed of himself and didn?t want anyone else to tell him otherwise. ?You didn?t kill him, Ben. I know you didn?t.?

?It?s more than that, Sabé,?

?Probably but the truth is Ben, he?d been dead for a long time. He had so much anger and feelings in him, it consumed him,? she said and smiled, moving closer again to Obi-Wan and taking his head and letting it rest in her lap. ?It wasn?t your fault, Ben. It was never your fault, you have to believe that,?

He shrugged, ?You don?t understand Sabé. I was his teacher, I should have seen the pain he was in and?Padmé doesn?t deserve to be a widow,?

?No, she doesn?t deserve that but you don?t deserve to take in all the pain either, Ben,?

Sabé sighed and whispered, ?You?re a stubborn man, Obi-Wan Kenobi? when are you going to realize this wasn?t your fault??

?I suppose when I?m an old man, living on some back world planet and remember what you said to me, and maybe then I?ll realize you were right,?

Sabé pushed him away playfully, tackling him on the bed until she finally landed on the bed and Ben resting on top, ?Seriously I can?t imagine you as an old hermit,?
    Ben shrugged and laughed, ?I can?t either?? he paused, leaned down and kissed her, ?No matter what has happened over the years, Sabé, I will always be thankful for you to be here by my side,?

Sabé smiled and then frowned, ?Ben, I?ll always be with you. That will never change?why is it that you talk you think I?m going to leave you??

He nodded and sat up, ?You?re not leaving, Sabé. I am.?

?Ben, wherever you go, I go too. I won?t leave you,?

?I won?t allow you to do that. This is something I have to do by myself. You can?t be with me,? he whispered, grabbing his cloak from the chair and putting it on.
    Sabé sighed, ?Ben, I love you and won?t let you face this alone,?

He smiled, crawled on the bed and kissed her, ?That?s very sweet of you, my love but I don?t??

Sabé kissed him abruptly, ?Whatever it is you?re going to say, I know it will happen to me eventually by I?d rather have you there with me than die alone, and I know you don?t want me to die alone either,?

?It?s not safe, Sab

2. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    ?No Ben, not faith in the Force. Faith in me,? Sabé whispered.

Awwwwwww!!!!!! That was great! I love this! You could make this into a full blown story! It's that awesome! And I love that ending sentence! You did a great job on this story, AERYN_SUN!! You should keep it going!

3. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I could, couldn't I? I'd love to also but I have too many fanfics to worry about right now that definitly need to be completed.

~aeryn

4. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I agree with DP, You need to put this into whereever you keep ideas for future stories, because this is great and would make a great story.

5. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    I know what you mean by compleating some Fics, Aeryn! But as usual it was WONDERFUL!

Merry Christmas, My Friend!

6. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I liked this. Nice to read about Sabe.

7. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    maybe i'll add it to defining us' sequel.

~aeryn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.