main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Have a random question? Ask in here. Newbies-Please read before posting!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bazinga'd , Nov 10, 2014.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Given the month I would think it was published before Christmas rather than after.

Edit - the Nov 12 date might be the actual publishing date but it might not have been on sale til December.

2. Captain Han Solo

Captain Han Solo Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 23, 2016
    Say I want to start a fan club based on a popular Star Wars toy brand. What should I do? Do I need to ask permission from someone?

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You'd need to check with the forum mods here. However we are discussing many of the toys (and brands) over in Collecting. They're not fan club threads, but if you see a thread on your subject you're welcome to join us!

4. Broda

Broda Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2016
    How do I join the dark side?

Darth Dreadwar likes this.
  5. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    How do you mean, exactly? :)

If you mean the dark side factions on the Jedi Council Forums, then your answer might be to post here, asking for membership.

6. Broda

Broda Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2016
    Ok...thnx :)

7. AshiusX

AshiusX Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 7, 2016
    Where is the board for TCW? I can't find it.

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    If you mean the TV series, TCW threads can be found here in the SW TV forum.

AshiusX likes this.
  9. panta1978

panta1978 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 20, 2016
    Hi regular members,

A newbie is turning to you. If I'd like to start a new thread about a hypothetical crossover between SW (ClassicTrilogy) and... something else, which would be the most appropriate subforum (if any)? I was thinking of "Classic Trilogy" one. Am I wrong?

10. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    What's the other thing you wanted to crossover your thread with?

11. panta1978

Mar 20, 2016
    Star Trek :(

12. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I know we have a star wars vs star trek thread already, but that's probably not what your looking for right?

13. panta1978

Mar 20, 2016
    Mmh, probably not. I just wanted to know what users would think about an (un)-official StarWars/Trek film...

14. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Well, Classic Trilogy is for the Classic Films in general, and discussing different things about them. We do have a Star Trek thread.

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/star-trek-the-thread.28153031/

So you could always pitch your idea there. To be honest I've never seen a crossover thread before, but I can ask my fellow mods and see if anything comes up for you.

15. Geordi La Forge

Geordi La Forge Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2016
    How does one "Search" theforce.net's forums? I don't see a search option on any of the pages. (Or at least when I CTRL+F for the word "search", my browser doesn't see a way to search the forums.)

Please advise. Thanks!

16. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    It was removed because the board was slowing down and hang problems. It's all explained in this thread here.

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/elasticsearch-has-been-disabled.50035213/

So what you can do is when you search jedi council forums on Google, add the thread you want after "Jedi Council Forum" in the search bar. You should get the thread you want in the results.

17. Darth Xandroc

Darth Xandroc Jedi Padawan

Aug 18, 2013
    I have a question regarding the First Order. Under normal circumstances, I'd have posted this in a discussion about TFA, however it also concerns the PT... But I digress.
    Can anyone tell me what Clone Contingency Order #1 was? I haven't found it anywhere and was wondering if any of you might know. It may be irrelevant, but I'm wondering if Order 1 and the First Order are, in some minuscule way, linked. Like if it's called the First Order because of what Order 1 was designed to do?
    Any help here would be hot (sorry, I had to).

Malevolently yours,

Lord X

18. Geordi La Forge

Geordi La Forge Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2016

Ah okay. Thanks. (I hope I don't accidentally start a post that already exists.) I just wanted to be sure. ;-)

19. tovey

tovey Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2016
    Hi all,

First time post here, but you can be assured I've lurked around on here and read for years...so it's a long time coming. Anyway, I need all the wise suggestions I can get here; I'm looking for a possible paperweight/desk...item (for lack of a better word)

I've got some of the metal earth kits, but I'm hoping that there's something more substantial out there which would sit nicely while I work. Something quality and premium, classy?
    I'm a bit of a clutz at work, my desk is filled with all sorts of everything (fossils, Studio Ghibli things from the museum, vintage medallions, paperweights), so I'm finally getting off my arse to add something to the clutter!
    Any suggestions will be appreciated,

And of course, MTFBWY :)

20. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    tovey

Hi. I merged your thread with out questions thread here. That way we don't have single threads for every question.

Have you tried looking for the paperweight on Amazon or Ebay?

tovey likes this.
  21. tovey

tovey Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2016
    Thanks,

Probably something I should have looked into before posting, huh!
    Thanks for the merge :)
    The only results I've found seem to be cheap and nasty, so I was just curious to see what anyone else might have come across on their travels I suppose!

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  22. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    You're welcome. :)

It really just depends on the seller. You might have better luck on Amazon though.

23. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    Did everyone in the Geriatric Ward die off (except for me)?

Just curious.

24. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Possibly.

25. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002