main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Have a random question? Ask in here. Newbies-Please read before posting!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bazinga'd , Nov 10, 2014.

1. MTMaster

MTMaster Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2016
  2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Pretty sure that's a Bith. The Cantina Band in ANH were the same species.

3. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Or as Yoda would say, Correct is LAJ_FETT, looks like a Bith it does.

4. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Does anyone have high resolution images of the six SW DVD covers? The ones I find on Google aren't HD enough and look blurry when viewed fully. Would really appreciate it! I don't want the back covers attached to them, just the front.

5. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    [​IMG]
    The Verydactyl conversation got me like..

6. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Right. But what's your question?

Darth Dreadwar likes this.
  7. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    No question, just trying to keep up!

8. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Alright but this threads mainly about asking questions or answering them for users that ask them. Posting ranon thoughts is better suited for our Social Thread.

Darth Dreadwar likes this.
  9. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    *BRAIN FART* -srry

I have a question this time.. wouldn't it be awesome if the ST kept some of the 70s haircuts from the OT? You know, for continuity..lol

[​IMG]

10. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Well in Star Wars Rebels Agent Kallus has mutton chops. So they're already doing that? It might make a comeback in Rogue One too.

The Vanguard likes this.
  11. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    I haven't had TV for a while so I don't keep up very well with rebels. But that's good to know! Sorry for muffing up the thread earlier.

12. ucdex

ucdex Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    I'm in Canada and I am seriously considering attending Celebration 17 in Florida but have never attended Celebration before. I also have fairly limited experience travelling.
    Are there resources , communities, subforums here or elsewhere for me to get help in terms of getting basic questions answered?

Things like hotel booking, expectations on transportation, what to look for at Celebration, registering to attend panels/presentations etc. so I don't miss out on the good stuff etc.

Total newb here.

Thanks!

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Check out our Celebration forum. There's already a thread on C17 there. You might take a look at the threads on CE16 as well for travel and other information.

14. Mumblesxoxo

Mumblesxoxo Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2016
    Hi guys,

Tbh I only signed up to ask this one question regarding a group of clone in the Clone Wars, Talon Squad.

A friend and I have gotten into a dispute about what Talon Squad actually did. The only information online that me can find is the link below.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Talon_Squad

Can anyone on here settle the dispute by telling us what they did?

15. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Off to the Random Question thread!

16. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    That's okay. No harm done. :)

The Vanguard likes this.
  17. JediAnderson

JediAnderson Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2016
    Hey I was wondering how they created the planets for the movie? Software, programs, etc. I know most were real locations but had things added/changed/removed. By planet I mean it's environment (trees, oceans, grass, etc) and also the actual planets from a far distance in space (like how we see the moon or earth from a satellite. I think it would be called topographical view?). I'm asking because I want to recreate these.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, and if this question is stupid or already answered.

18. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    JediAnderson

Hi. Welcome to the forums. :) I merged your thread with our Official questions thread here. Next time if you have a question ask it in this thread instead of posting a single thread on it.

19. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    There's no known definitive answer to that, unfortunately. Everything that's known about the Talon Squad you linked to is there in that article. They have no established history, and were only discussed in the Guide to the Grand Army in the context of representing a typical infantry squad while describing the GAR's Order of Battle. That said, you could potentially infer Talon Squad's participation in a number of battles—such as Geonosis, New Holstice, Honoghr, and Saleucami—based upon the unit belonging to both Hawkbat Battalion and the 327th Star Corps, and likely operating as part of each.

20. Worker11811

Worker11811 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 6, 2016

Of all the awful, non-StarWars sounding names they could ever have come up with! I refuse to accept that as real. The name of the most evil Sith Lord in recent times simply can not have such a stupid, awful name. I will never use it, I will never accept it.

21. The battle of MAW station

The battle of MAW station Jedi Master star 1

Sep 24, 2013
    I am trying to access the future collector value of the Anaheim convention exclusive TFA teaser poster. I believe it was the very first piece of licensed TFA merchandise. I was wondering how many of these posters were handed out at the convention and how many were actually produced. Does anyone know?

22. jeremiahj13

jeremiahj13 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 6, 2016
    I never been to a convention and really wanna go... Help a noob?

I have no one to go with :( should I buy 2 sets of tickets and try to find a single girl to go with?

23. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    There's nothing wrong with going by yourself you know. Plenty of people do that. And sometimes you can have more fun on your own/it can also be less stressful.

jeremiahj13 likes this.
  24. Ugohr Poof

Ugohr Poof Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2016
    My question pertains to which species would be most likely to colonize a swamp world, such as Dagobah, knowing there may be more than one such species.

25. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Flordians. :p

Joking aside though, I found a couple species when I looked up what species could live on Dagobah.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Swamp_slug

Amd I mean, maybe a Swamp Wampa might have a chance too? If they were brought from Dromund Kaas that is.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Swamp_wampa