main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Have a random question? Ask in here. Newbies-Please read before posting!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bazinga'd , Nov 10, 2014.

1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
  2. PodracingSkywalker

PodracingSkywalker Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 1, 2014
    Are there any pre-prequel prequel novels?

3. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Here is a good list...LINK

Darth Plagueis[edit]
    The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader[edit]
    Cloak of Deception[edit]
    Darth Maul[edit]
    These are pre Phantom Menace and good ones for me. If you're talking about before this then you're talking Darth Bane series and before that, Tales of the Jedi Comics, and before that The Old Republic Novels.

PodracingSkywalker likes this.
  4. PodracingSkywalker

Apr 1, 2014
    Oh, I have those- I apologize, I should have specified- I am referring to before the actual release of the PT, where authors had ideas about what the PT would be like.

5. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Understood. Good question.

6. PodracingSkywalker

Apr 1, 2014
    Thank you! I am curious as to what other people have thought they'd be - the Skywalker Flame photo inspired this thought - even though I love what we got I'm curious to see others train of thoughts

7. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Closest to that (and the only SW book I know for sure predates the PT) also predates TESB. Splinter of the Mind's Eye, but that was a hypothetical sequel to ANH if it failed to get enough money for GL's ambition that became TESB

8. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Pre-PT published books set before the OT include the Han Solo Adventures trilogy (Brian Daley), the Han Solo Trilogy (A.C. Crispin) and the Lando Calrissian Trilogy (L. Neil Smith).

Of these, the Han Solo trilogy begins earliest (10 years before ANH) and shows the early days of the Rebellion and the Empire beginning to really tighten its grip.

FlashDriver likes this.
  9. Kirana

Kirana Jedi Master star 2

Nov 13, 1999
    Hey everyone, total old-bie back in the game... I am completely lost since I think the boards have been archived several times since I last visited.

I wanted to ask if there was anywhere on the boards where I can sell Star Wars merchandise? I can't use eBay where I live and would rather this stuff went to a fan instead of a junk heap. I'm not looking to make money, just to make sure some of the rare/vintage stuff goes to people who appreciate it. Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask...

10. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Nope advertising here is strictly forbidden. You could try our sister site RebelScum though, they may allow it though make sure you ask site staff there first.

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Rebelscum do allow advertising - they have several classified forums. Just pick the right ones for your items.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  12. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    I don't have an answer, I just wanted to comment.

I read the craziest fanfiction story once. It was written before the PT. It changed the ending of the ROTJ a bit. Vader lives and joins the rebellion. But that's not the crazy part. Apparently, he became burned and maimed in a speeder crash after a drunken (yes, he was an alcoholic!) argument in which Obi-Wan cut off his hand. Surra or Shira or something (Padme in other words) left him because he was abusive. Anyways, Luke loses his connection to the Force and becomes a drunkard like his father.

So, Anakin Skywalker was a alcoholic wife-abuser, and Luke was heading down the same road. I don't know whether to laugh or cry on this point.....

13. corinthia

corinthia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2016
    Is there a thread discussing women and Star Wars in a very broad sense? I have a post written up to start a new thread to discuss a number of female-related Star Wars topics. Namely how female fans and female characters and their diversity are treated within the fandom, as well as the future for diverse female representation in Star Wars. Does something like that exist already?

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  14. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Is this a survey in disguise? If so it needs Mod approval to post. The are several forums where such a thread could hypothetically exist. SWC is one and Community is another, although there are different audiences in both forums.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  15. Mantis128

Mantis128 Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2016
    When was The Emperor first referred to as Darth Sidious? For some reason that name has always been what I've called him since I first watched Star Wars when I was 5-6 years old. But the name is only ever mentioned twice in the entire saga, and I'm pretty sure I can remember knowing his name was Sidious before I even watched AOTC. Was he ever even referred to as Sidious pre AOTC?

16. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I havent been able to find anything either but his Sith Master could have given him the name as he eventually gave Anakin the Sith name of Vader.

17. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012

I believe the name "Darth Sidious" is mentioned in TPM during a conversation with the Trade Federation leaders. I would also check out the book on Darth Plagueris, who was Sidious' Master.

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  18. VLC

VLC Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2016
    I registered to join this forum to mention my rare star wars item auction - as linked in my signature below ~ But the site seems dead as I cant even see my profile, let alone make my FIRST post there !

19. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Nope - still alive and kicking. You have to be a member there to post - although both the Rebelscum and TFN sites are owned by the same person the forums are distinct entities - registering here doesn't get you on there. If you are registered but can't log in you'll have to drop them an email. I'm just a regular user over there - their forums have their own mods and admins.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  20. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    VLC

I merged your thread with our official questions thread. Next time you have a question about anything don't hesitate to post it in here.

21. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    I'm not a newbie but I have a question...

Why do people have so many different spellings of Anakin. --- Anikin, Annakin, etc.?

I've been wondering that for years.
    Thanks!

22. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Typos

The character's name is invariably Anakin, and it's thought he's named after George Lucas's friend and fellow director Ken Annakin

23. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012

I wonder if they are still friends. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anakin.Skywalker and Seagoat like this.
  24. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    They'd have to chat with ouija boards, if that's the case :p

Bazinga'd likes this.
  25. HoosierCountry

HoosierCountry Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2016
    Might be a stupid question. I am not new to Star Wars but I am new to the books. Just started reading Catalyst and it mentions Darth Vader. From what I read, this book takes places before Episode 3 (Count Dooku is alive in the book). How is this possible? Anakin had by yet become Darth Vader...