main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Have a random question? Ask in here. Newbies-Please read before posting!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bazinga'd , Nov 10, 2014.

1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Haven't read the book so I can't comment on that. There is a thread here though discussing the novel that you may wish to peruse.

2. corinthia

corinthia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2016
    HoosierCountry I've been reading Catalyst too, and Part One of the book takes place over 2 years or so. I think it begins around the middle or late start of the Clone War, and Part One ends with the "end" of the Clone War. So yes, Anakin would have become Darth Vader by that point. Anakin's turn happens sometime around the end of Part One.

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  3. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    Hello everyone.

I am thinking about creating a new thread; 'What is your favourite Star Wars POSTER' however I thought I'd check here first.

Is there a search engine I don't know about to look for one first?

4. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    The search function has been disabled. There is a thread about it here which also details alternate methods of searching the forums.

There is a thread about Star Wars Posters here which could host your discussion.

Jar-Jar Binks likes this.
  5. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Also an addendum: Assuming your topic is relevant to the SWC and not more appropriate elsewhere, it is good practice to look through the last couple of pages to see if a similar topic was previously posted on the forum.

6. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    Just wondering. Why do people like Ahsoka? I found her annoying, but I wanted to hear what others had to say.

7. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014

Well for me she was someone besides Princess Leia who I could look up to as a strong woman. The Clone Wars was a show I looked forward every week, and seeing Ahsoka grow and learn, and become stronger with every passing episode really appealed to me. Ahsoka is one of my favourite characters, and probably always will be. I can get why some people don't like her, but she does get better in later seasons of the Clone Wars.

8. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  9. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    Hey Mods!

I'm new here and was discussing creating a Jedi Academy (Welcome Fans of the Force) thread in the Welcome New Users forums and was told you would be the ones to talk about whether it would be worth pursuing.

Thanks your humble servant Jar Jar.

10. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    You'd have to discuss that with the leadership in either the New Jedi Trials (in the SWC) or the Guardian's of Light (for the EUC). I would suggest actually joining one of those groups if you plan on opening up a Jedi Academy in WNU.

Jar-Jar Binks likes this.
  11. Arashiro

Arashiro Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2016
    Where does Darth vader appear?
    I need fight scenes or just scenes where he's a badass in general for a video.
    Games, movies, series, everything is good as long as he's fighting and it's a video :)

12. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Technically, Anakin is Vader when he fights Obi Wan in ROTS which is probably the best fight in the Saga. Other good Vader fight scenes include his duels with Luke in TESB and ROTJ. Also, check out season 2 of Rebels, and in particular Vader's fight scene with Ahsoka.

13. Arashiro

Arashiro Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2016
    Thanks!
    And ofcourse the fight with obi wan is included :D

Bazinga'd likes this.
  14. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008

The Force Unleashed Trailers has some great Vader stuff too.

15. ninjasinpjs

ninjasinpjs Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2016
    Ok so i have one question. you know the book adaptions of the movies? are they canon?

16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    It's my understanding (and I may be incorrect here, so if anyone else knows please correct me), that the book adaptations of the movies are only canon insomuch as they don't contradict the film. Anything "extra" in a book that doesn't take place in the movie is not canon. Facts in a book that go against what is shown on screen is likewise non canon. For example in the A New Hope novelization Red Squadron is referred to as Blue Squadron (Luke is Blue Five not Red Five and so forth) which is obviously not what we know to be the canon "truth".

17. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    From my understanding I think Bardan_Jusik is right, with the following minor caveat:

I think that is also subject to the non-contradiction rule. So that extra material in a novelization that does not contract anything else in the movie is still canon.

Iron_lord likes this.
  18. ninjasinpjs

ninjasinpjs Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2016
    well according to the rotj novel, it says luke was holding back when he fought vader? would that be considered canon?

19. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012

Yes. There is no way to prove or disprove from watching the movie.

20. Tanjint

Tanjint Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2015
    Is there any instance in any of the films of a stormtrooper (or anyone?) saying "For The Empire!" ?

Have only heard it in the video games if I am not mistaken.....

-T

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I liked her when most people found her annoying and I think its because it brought out a different side to Anakin. and She was her own sassy self.

Tanjint and Anakin.Skywalker like this.
  22. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Not that I am aware of.

Tanjint likes this.
  23. Tanjint

Tanjint Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2015

Thank you!

next question- where exactly is that TESB-era Leia/Luke image on this board's banner from?

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Nah the real question why is it there in the first place? [face_sick] No offense to the poster though

Zejo the Jedi likes this.
  25. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I think it's supposed to be from a deleted scene in which they nearly kiss - then Luke is asking Leia about the possibility of leaving the Alliance for a short time (Dagobah trip) - Leia was not happy.

FlashDriver and Tanjint like this.