PT Have a random question? Ask in here. Newbie's read before posting!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Thirty million more reviews than all of the others, combined? No way that's right.
  2. GGrievous Chosen One

star 5
  3. ConnorLovesPadme Jedi Knight

Can somebody tell me this why doesn’t Anakin/Vader ever acknowledge the fact he knows who R2-D2 or C-3P0 in the later films?

Boy Anakin built C-3PO. Boy Anakin eventually meets R2. Boy Anakin grows up. Teenager Anakin starts using R2 as his droid of choice. Teenager Anakin inherits C-3P0. Teenager Anakin grows up. Grown up Anakin produces off-springs. Grown up Anakin becomes Vader. Vader crosses path with his offspring. Offspring is using droids. At any point of that timeline did Vader remember the droids that saved his neck time and time again? No. Does he find it weird that his son is using very similar droids? No.
    Last edited by ConnorLovesPadme, Jul 10, 2013
  4. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    It's probably irrelevant to him by that point? He barely interacts with R2 and 3PO after his turn in ROTS anyway.
  5. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    In The Rise & Fall of Darth Vader- the reason Threepio's parts were in the scrap pile was that Vader said to do that, and the Threepio's parts are in Chewie's cell, is that Vader had them delivered to him.

Because initially, he wanted 3PO destroyed- as a painful reminder of his own fall- and it was memories of his mother's admonition "If you can't look after something, you don't deserve to have it" that made him change his mind, after Chewie rescued 3PO the first time.

It's actually derived from a comic in Star Wars Tales. Vader's words, in both, are "I am giving the Wookiee what he deserves".
    VanishingReality and Seagoat like this.
  6. ConnorLovesPadme Jedi Knight

Hmm yeah maybe so thats a point but even Obi Wan fails to recgonise R2 in ANH since rescuing the ship that he was on in TPM also?
  7. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    I figure he was being cagey. The Life And Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi, I think, does have him recognize Artoo- but not say anything about it.
    SithStarSlayer likes this.
  8. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yep...

[IMG]
    [IMG]

For a little humor...

Star Wars Infinities: Vader vs Artoo & Threepio
    Vader: "See-threepio, Artoo never told you what happened to your creator."
    C-3PO: "He informed me sufficiently. He told me you killed him."
    Vader: "No... I am your creator!"
    C-3PO: "No... no... That's not true. That's impossible! The odds against you being my creator are..."
    Vader: "Search your feelings, You know it to be true."
    C-3PO: "Noooo!! You see, sir, shortly after the Jedi were wiped out, my memory was erased. So that could explain why I'm having difficulty verifying your statement."
    Last edited by SithStarSlayer, Jul 10, 2013
  9. Darth Dominikkus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    This is excellent. Very much humorous.
  10. BigAl6ft6 Chosen One

star 5
    Were Luke & Leia twins a last-second Force hail-marry pass miracle?

All throughout "Sith", Padme's pregnancy is referred to as a singular "baby". They never refer to twins until they find out that "she's carrying twins" right before she gives birth. Now, Padme was ready with twin names off the jump but she was close to the other side so I guess she rolled with this strange stuff happening. Was it, like Anakin's birth, the will of the Force and with the Jedi being destroyed and Anakin turning into a Sith Lord, the Force decides to double on the chances to save the light side (side note, then which Skywalker kid is the miracle insta-Force baby?) by making two? Or is the simple answer is that she was pregnant with twins the whole time and didn't tell anyone? Or she didn't know it was twins because XYZ whatever, she was never examined thoroughly or asked if there were more than one fetus because Naboo pregnancy rituals are nutty like that?

I'm going with the first. It's a bit more mythic that way.
    Last edited by SithStarSlayer, Jul 12, 2013
  11. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    There was a conversation in the novel in which Anakin put his hand on her belly and she told him that "he's" kicking. Anakin said, "I thought you told your med droid not to spoil the surprise." Padme made some comment about how she did but she believed it was a boy due to her "maternal intuition." Anakin feels another kick and said, "A kick that hard? Definitely a girl."

Based on that conversation, my assumption was that Padme didn't have an ultrasound and therefore didn't know she was carrying twins, and that she and Anakin decided on both a boy and a girl name before all hell broke loose.
  12. Lars_Muul Chosen One

star 6
    She didn't know AND it was the will of the Force.

- The other he spoke of is your twin sister.
    - And what of the boy?

/LM
    BigAl6ft6 and SithStarSlayer like this.
  13. Pensivia Force Ghost

star 4

"Alas, poor Threepio! I knew him, R2: a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: Chewie hath borne him on his back; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! my gorge rims at it.... Where be your gibes now? your gambols?...your flashes of merriment, that were wont to set the table on a roar? Not one now, to mock your own grinning? quite chap-fallen? ..."
    Aegon Starcaster and Sarge like this.
  14. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Watched TPM last night and that left me wondering:

1. Why did a commission need to be sent to Naboo?
    2. How long does it take for the Senate to form a committee?
    3. If Padme and Maul can make it there in a flash on different ships, why couldn't the Republic?
  15. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    1. Bureaucratic obfuscation. There's obviously no reason to send a commission where there were darn Jedi Knights on the planet who, you know, saw the invasion as it happened. :p

2. Probably a good long time, given Padme's lost-her-cookies reaction.

3. Does the Republic seem inclined to do anything to begin with? :p
  16. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9

Between her seemingly not having an ultrasound and that people on Naboo dress like it's six centuries ago...

Padme was probably part of the anti-vaccine crowd, too :p
  17. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    What the Jedi witnessed doesn't count since they were never "officially there" in the first place.:p
  18. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Nah. Palpatine could have produced them just fine, as it was Valorum who sent them to begin with. Course, it's not Palpatine's plan to help things move correctly. :p
  19. GGrievous Chosen One

star 5
    1. Seems like he didn't trust a 14 year old Queen or wanted proof.
    2. Perhaps the plot suggests 20+ years. :p
    3. That's something Lucas didn't consider while writing the script imo. If others can go from point A to point B in an instant, then I'm sure others can as well. But when Naboo needs the Republic to investigate, they can't, because then the movie would be over or at least solved. They finally arrived at the end when everything wrapped up.
    Last edited by GGrievous, Jul 16, 2013
  20. BigAl6ft6 Chosen One

star 5
    How come Dooku wasn't rockin "Sith Eyes" when Maul (constantly) and Anakin & Sidious did so (Anakin bounces back and forth, Sidious turned it on after the zapping and never went back)
  21. Vthuil Force Ghost

star 4
    Two things that came to mind when watching AOTC:

1. At Shmi's funeral, we see two other gravestones outside the Lars homestead: a large one and a small one. Has there ever been an explanation about who these belonged to?
    2. Whatever happened to Mas Amedda, anyway? The film implies (and ROTS makes pretty explicit) that he is very closely involved in Palpatine's plans, possibly even to the point of knowing his true identity. But even in the EU, he seems to just disappear a few years into the Empire. Was an explanation ever given about this?
  22. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    1. No. And now I wants me some answers.:p

2. Yes. Mas was promoted to be Palpatine's version of Indiana Jones...

Maul answered this in TCW when he said that Dooku was a "Sith-pretender"...

it was music to my ears.
    Last edited by SithStarSlayer, Aug 7, 2013
  23. markdeez33 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    In lieu of Episode 7, and the constant bickering over whether or not the creators of the new trilogy will do away with the entire EU, Post-ROTJ, where's the evidence that GL did so in the prequels?

What EU characters were incorporated into the prequels? What EU material was overwritten by the prequels?

I believe this information can give us a good gauge as to the amount of EU material that will be in the next trilogy! I don't have a comprehensive grasp on the prequel era EU, aside from a few Luceno/Stover novelizations.

I know Lucas referenced Quinlan Vos in Ep. 3, but he was never shown on screen. What are some other instances of this? And how much material was ignored?
  24. Count Yubnub Force Ghost

star 4
  25. markdeez33 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Thank you so much!
    Count Yubnub likes this.
Moderators: Bazinga'd