PT Have a random question? Ask in here. Newbie's read before posting!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

Moderators: Bazinga'd, heels1785
  1. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
  2. Ananta Chetan Force Ghost

star 4
    Had Mace and the three other Jedi Masters succeeded in confronting Palpatine...do you think the public would have believed and accepted being told that the Chancellor was a Sith Lord after being informed that he had just been assassinated by the Jedi?
  3. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Welcome to the Boards @Ananta Chetan!

If the Jedi succeeded, then Palpatine would have been arrested and none of them would have died...
    Every other outcome = failure for the Jedi, because Palpatine owned the political and legal high ground.
    Ananta Chetan likes this.
  4. Cynicalx Jedi Knight

Sidious is far powerful than Dooku so it makes sense.
  5. Ananta Chetan Force Ghost

star 4
    I had the impression that Qui-Gon had only attained that ability at the end of ROTS when Yoda spoke to Obi-Wan about training to learn it as well. Is that correct?
  6. Count Yubnub Force Ghost

star 4

No, you can hear Qui-Gon's voice in AOTC when Anakin is about to slaughter the Sand People.
    Ananta Chetan likes this.
  7. Ananta Chetan Force Ghost

star 4
    Good point! I will go back and re-watch that scene. Also...after reading your post I also recalled that in TCW TV series during the "Mortis Arc" that Qui-Gon appeared as a Force Ghost.
  8. Ananta Chetan Force Ghost

star 4
    After Anakin pledges his allegiance to Sidious in ROTS, the Emperor tells him that once the Jedi find out what has just transpired here that the Jedi will kill them, along with all of the senators... and Anakin says, "I agree."

Would Anakin so immediately believe the last part of this statement regarding the senators?

Anakin adds: "The Jedi's next move will be against the senate."

Does this mean that he agrees with Sidious' full statement... or is he just validating the part of it that he may know is true, that the Jedi may have to take temporary control of the senate, and not contradicting the remaining words of his new Master?

Or...

Sidious could have instead said to Anakin that the Jedi would arrest or destroy them and also take control of the senate?

Seems less extreme than suggesting to Anakin a senatorial genocide by the Jedi, within minutes of his conversion.

How was the fluidity of this scene for others?
    Last edited by SithStarSlayer, Aug 17, 2013
  9. Kran Starborn Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    How come when they released Revenge of the Sith to buy they didn't release it on VHS in America but they did so in Europe? For those of us who had been bought the past movies on VHS our Star Wars VHS collection will always be missing the 3rd film of the prequel trilogy because they never released it on that format. Is it because DVDs were becoming the hot thing to watch movies so they felt it was a waste of money to release them on VHS or what?
  10. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Not sure about all that, but I found THIS...

SC20130817-184429.jpg
    Admiral Volshe and eht13 like this.
  11. Kran Starborn Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Wowzers I didn't realize VHS movies could be so expensive I mean I been told things like VHS movies weren't really collectibles.
  12. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    @Ananta Have you read the ROTS-Novel?
  13. Ananta Chetan Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes. Just 2 weeks ago in fact. I thought it was incredible. Stover's depth of expansion. Page after page. A perfect companion for the film, in my eyes. Imagine if they had used it as the template for the movie...perhaps a 6 hour version, in 2 parts! Your perspective?
  14. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Stover's book was closer to the original script (talking Anakin's turn specifically) than the final cut of the film.... & it is my second favorite adaption behind TESB's novel.
  15. Ananta Chetan Force Ghost

star 4
    I took your hint and re-read the passage in the ROTS novel relating to Anakin's conversion in Palpatine's office. It addresses and illuminates the question I posted earlier. As you may remember... it describes in a beautiful and sinister way how Anakin disassociates from his conscience, once and for all. Thanks for the reminder.

I have not read the the TESB novel ....yet.
    SithStarSlayer likes this.
  16. Vthuil Force Ghost

star 4
    Not sure if this is the right place, but is there currently a "Favorite vehicles of the PT" thread?
  17. Kran Starborn Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    What feeling do you think Obi-Wan felt as he stood helpless behind a force field as he watched his Master die in front of him by the hands of Darth Maul?
  18. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 7
    "Very upset" springs to mind.
    Admiral Volshe likes this.
  19. Ananta Chetan Force Ghost

star 4
    So much potential anguish he has endured, perhaps a test by the Force itself to see what remaining attachment may remain in his heart...? Reading your question I also recall in TCW TV series Darth Maul executing the Duchess Satine in front of him, as he was made to helplessly stand-by and watch.

Your perspective?

Also...the tenderness and deep love with which he held his dying Master in his arms and promised to fulfill his dying request to "train the boy."
    Last edited by Ananta Chetan, Aug 23, 2013
  20. Kran Starborn Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I think I missed some of the episodes with Darth Maul in TCW. I guess I was rewatching TPM and wondered did he feel anger for not helping his master or perhaps a feeling of failure for not stopping it.
  21. Kran Starborn Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I also have another question how come people are so much hating on young Anakin Skywalker because they felt he was really whiny and stuffs? I mean I don't really feel he was that whiny as people have said he was very courageous at points throughout the film doing what he would do as he got older and put himself in harms way against peoples orders. And the parts where I may think he was whiny was when he missed his mother and you would all be a bit whiny if you had to leave your mother a slave to go on a big adventure to become a better person in your life and etc.
  22. Ananta Chetan Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't remember Obi-Wan giving into any feelings of anger at the time, even when slicing through Maul he seemed centered and composed.

Do you felt like he could have done something more to prevent it?
  23. Kran Starborn Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Well he could have force ran through that corridor of force fields so he was pass them and wouldn't get stopped by them so he could help his master defeat Darth Maul.
  24. Admiral Volshe Chosen One

star 8
    I don't see one in the first 5 pages, when using the search nor do I see it in the index.
    So I'd say no.

I think there's one in Saga for favourite vehicles of the Saga.
    Edit: Evidently I'm imagining things. There isn't one.

They feel he was. It's just their opinion. I disagree and I personally think your points are very valid, but that's not how everyone else feels.
    Last edited by Admiral Volshe, Aug 23, 2013
    SithStarSlayer likes this.
  25. Kran Starborn Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    @Admiral Volshe For me I am just someone who takes the prequel trilogy for what it is an interesting trilogy and out of the trilogy my fav. is Revenge of the Sith. Order 66 gets me every time I watch that scene as the Clone Troopers kill there jedi generals.
    Admiral Volshe likes this.
Moderators: Bazinga'd, heels1785